Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #1  

Default Hello

Hi folks, I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Alex and I hoping that within the next few weeks I will find out that I have been successful with my bid for WLS via the NHS!

I had my pre-assessment 2 weeks ago but I was told at that appointment that my PCT had only just brought in a stipulation that stated patients needed to show that they had attempted weightloss at least a year beforehand. They are back dating this to all those who were referred from April onwards. My GP wrote my referral letter on April 1st!! I was devastated, my surgeon said other than that I was a prime candidate (I have diabetes, PCOS and a BMI of 45. not to mention all the other ways my weight affects my life) and if it were up to him I would have been under the knife withing 8 weeks.

The team say that there is still a chance though. With that being said I am trying to stay positive and really hoping that I will lucky!

Last edited by LastChanceDreamer; 07-14-2013 at 05:24 PM.
LastChanceDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

yikes! talk about changing the rules in the middle! how long have you been waiting for surgery? i know wait times in the UK can be longer than in the US, although some insurers are requiring the year-long weight loss documentation.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

I've been reading lots of posts across the web about folks that were very close to meeting the requirements and needed to gain another 10 or 15 lbs before they were accepted. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I wish you all the best, Alex. Let us know how you get on.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote