Thread: Wonderslim 10
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #283

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Aw shucks thank you. I'll admit, I was clueless there in the beginning. I remember reading about this or that and couldn't make heads or tails of the information out there. Even here, it seemed everyone had a different "perfect" recipe for weight loss. It drove me nuts! Because none of it was geared towards WS, much less WS with exercise! I am lucky that I have a doctor who is very involved and who knows the WS product well. He used to use Medifast years ago for his clients, but changed gears to the cheaper alternative. And his method for the packets isn't to help his patients lose weight, but to break food addictions. I guess that is what really has helped me more than anything else. I meet with him once every two weeks and he gives me "homework" to research and discuss on our next meet. It helps that he is that involved...I went from a dullard who thought if I just eat less or take this pill, I would lose the weight, to someone who knows every calorie, every carb, every fat, every little thing, counts. It's all in the math. This week's "homework" was to make a list of eat this and not that. And not use a book to do it. Pretty much, he's trying to wean me off of WS. But he wants me to make healthy choices. So...if a bag of chips is 180 calories, what can I have instead...that will both full and fill me? Because face it, chips won't do either. I like his method. I went from ignorant to educated...and I still have a long way to go. But it is empowering...I feel confident that once I hit goal, i will be there for life. I have the tools to do it. I have the knowledge (and am getting more on a regular basis). I have the drive. This is doable. And I strongly believe that if I can do it, anyone can. My daughter found me almost dead nearly a year ago. I was told I would be disabled. But I am still here. I run nearly daily for 3 miles. I increase my exercise about once a month. And I am not done yet. And I KNOW every one of you can do it too

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost: