S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight Loss Buddies XI

Ladies - here's our new thread....
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Yea!!!!! Glad i checked in today!!!! I did ok with the party.on sunday. I still had.the hamburger but o.ly ate half. The only crutch i have is raw cookie dough....omg i have no idea why i love that stuff.so much! Lol but i lost almost 3 pou.ds according to the trainers scales in the last week!!!! And man has he worked us out this week.....so im sure.ill lose this time too! My cousin is also getting married so yet another reasin to lose weight! Man i cant wait to be in normal bmi range! And hey...i would be super excited for a new bra.to.come!!!! I thi.k when your being healthier u look forward to different.things than you did before!!!!

The tat is healing up pretty well....hasnt started flaking yet and im hoping i havent messed it up with working.out etc. The hubby isnt really partial either way...he has just accepted that i have it and.moved on! Lol

Welp im off to bed! Talk to yall soon!!!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Thanks for starting the new thread Dance!

Dance- I do not want to put any ideas in your head so I say this knowing that every situation is different and I have many friends who have been successful in dating others with kids. I always said I would not date something with children, and adhered to that rule for 3 years....hypocritical...yes, but it worked. Then I met Bob and I was so smitten with him, I looked past the kids. BIG MISTAKE. It has been the stress of our relationship and I have often said if we broke up, it would be for that reason alone. NOW, this is slightly different than your situation because you do not have kids. When both people have kids it is a constant battle of who's parenting methods are better. Further more, his ex situation was not ideal and she is a royal pain. I'm sure things are a little different with your guy so again, please dont let my experience detour you.

Nessa - kudos on the weight loss, you are doing such an amazing job. What does your trainer say about the scale? Does he tell you muscle weighs more than fat and the scale wont change drastically or is it a myth? Just curious. :-)
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #4  

Well the trainer weighs us every monday or tuesday. So he does sorta go off the scales he feels that if you are working ur rear end off you shouldnt gain it will come off.......but slowly. I have always went by the scales and have gotten very very discouraged becuase they were moving alot faster b4 i started training. Jason has assured me that its working but the scales will not show it because you are gaining and toning muscle. He says you have to pick one thing to go by.... Either the scales or ur clothes. He says its better to go off of how ur clothes fit. And i have had a verybhard time adjusting to that. Becuase i have always focused on that magic number. But i know even tho i am still in the 170's (barely now 171.6) i am in a super small size. I fit in 7/8 this weekend but im more coomfy in a 9. And i was like an 11-13 in high school. But i weighed like 155-165 i think. Sobi know hes right......i just gotta get used to it!!! Lol

And i just found out...my awesome boss is quitting at the end of this month.....so im hoping whoever takes over is still cool enuf to let me keep training.... I take my lunch break to do it so it shouldnt be an issue......but we shall see.....mmn i hate change! Lol
Old 04-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #5  

Wow, Nessa - you are making awesome progress - nice going!

Lindy - appreciate your honest feedback as always!! I've never been on more than one or two dates with someone with kids so this is new territory for me. How long did you guys date before meeting each other's kids? I've seen all kinds of advice out there to wait at least 6 months which sounds really long but what do I know... We're hanging out again tonight - will keep you guys posted.

I'm getting lots of double-takes and compliments at work from people I haven't seen in a while - kind of fun And getting dressed in the morning is getting so much more enjoyable that it was 50lbs ago. Thanks, girls, for helping me get so much closer to my goals!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-thanks for the new thread. Its so nice when people notice all your hard work.

Lindy-yes definitely back on plan, luckily I didn't gain anything but haven't lost either, but I tried on a few pair of jeans that have been tight and they fit now so that's a plus. I'm not so worried about the scale moving this time around . I know it will eventually. Oh and another plus, the muffin top is getting smaller, yay.

Neesa-congrats on the 7/8 pants. My sister gave me a pair that size from Maurice's, I can't wait to get into them. I'm in mostly 11s right now.

The last few nights, I've noticed when I'm working out I get a little dizzy feeling. All I drink is water but the last few days I don't think I've been drinking enough so I upped it today so we'll see how it goes tonight. I didn't go for a walk today but I did go out and jump on the trampoline and kick the soccer ball around with the dogs.

Just a week and a half left of the soup kitchen, they close for the summer months. So I want to find something else to do, not sure ifs gonna be more volunteering, a part time job, or school. I have a lot to think about.

I'm so proud of us all, these tickers are looking better and better, love you girls
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #7  
ChynaMartin

S/C/G: 220/Ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

SOMEONE PICK ME!! I need someone to help hold me accountable!! Big time...
Chyna Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #8  

Dance- i meant to say thanks for starting a new thread....just forgot.in my earlier rant! Lol

Burgundy- you are such an amazing person...all that volunteer work is awesome!!!!!! We.should all strive to be more like you in that aspect and this world would be a better place!!!

Chyna- welcome!!!! Feel free to use all of us to help!!! Im still pretty new compared.to lindy and dance and burgundy....but they have all been so helpful to me!!! Were all here for u!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #9  

Chyna - welcome to the gang! Tell us more about yourself and your diet/exercise plan....

Burgundy - fitting into your jeans is the best! Hydrating more should help with the dizzy thing and making sure you're not pushing too too hard in your workout also helps me not get dizzy.

So, last night I had my third date with the guy I know from before (we'll call him B) - he brought flowers which was sweet and we had a good time but I'm definitely not 100% sure that I'm ready to start a relationship - we'll see. This might be good as I usually plunge headlong into things without thinking them through very well. He has his daughters for a bunch of days straight so I won't see him again until Weds which will definitely give me some time to think - and who knows, maybe go on some other dates

Had a great run yesterday morning and am walking with a girlfriend tonight. What's everyone else doing for exercise? And could the weekend please get here faster??
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #10  

Chyna welcome! What are your plans right now? It looks like you have done amazingly well so far! Great job! We all started in the same area and area around the same age and height so this would be a perfect group for you!

Dance - we waited 8 months. My rule has always been no sooner than 6 months so it was pretty on plan. When you have kids, its different. You do not want them to think it is acceptable to have a "revolving door", especially if you have girls I think you are definately more picky. Just wait and see where it goes for now. :-)
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #11  

oh Dance, just saw your post. I am working on cardio these days. I was doing a lot of weights but wasnt seeing a difference in my body shape and wasnt sweating so I decided to bring the heart rate up. I am doing cardio 3-4 days a week. Not sure if I am going tomorrow or not. Clothes are fitting so good and for once, I am not prisoner to the scale so I am actually thinking about seeing how far I can take this not getting on. It kinda sticks with my ticker but who cares.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #12  

Hey everyone!!! Well i guess i had an epic fail day!!!! Our big boss shows up at work....we are already super busy. I have a drs. Appt 2 hours away...... U get the idea. Lol so i have a bacon.egg and cheese biscuit for.breakfast/lunch. I find out that i have endometrosis then.go home and text the trainer..........u would have thought i killed someone for eating a dang biscuit!!!!! Lol

Ok.sorry for the rant i just had to get that out!!!! i was only able to train twice thia week. I have a workout that i have to do tomorrow.on my.own an no.mistakes this weekend on food.or anything!! Do yall ever get discouraged over simple stupid stuff? Lol

Lindy-what cardio are.you doing? Elliptical treadmill etc? How.long each session? What speeds.etc? It sounds like you are.doing amazing!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #13  

Nessa - habits get easier with practice, right? One of the wise folks on this board would always say 'failure to plan is planning to fail' or something like that. When things are calmer, maybe you can take a minute think through how you could plan your food (bring snacks, maybe?) to avoid the gotchas I'm sure you'll do great this weekend!

Great walk in the sunshine with my buddy yesterday and planning on running after work today. Maybe a little extra exercise helping another friend pack for her upcoming move - we'll see.

Can't wait for the weekend - no exciting plans, just looking forward to being outside in the spring sunshine TGIF, ladies!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 04-05-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I got to change my ticker this morning, finally. I'll check back in later this evening. I'm headed to the soup kitchen, this is our last week. I'm going to miss it and all the great people.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #15  

Burgundy - woohoo for a dropping ticker! Nicely done.

I had a bad day yesterday - one of those days where you're starving all day long for no apparent reason. But back on the bandwagon again today.

Things are going pretty well with the new guy - we're getting into the habit of nightly phone calls (on the nights he has his kids) so that seems like a good sign, I think. Still haven't talked about whether we're seeing other people so nothing serious yet.

Hope all is well with you gals, and hope neesy checks in soon!