South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/183/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Why do we self-sabotage?

I have been lurking on here for quite a while now..over a year..and just recently I restarted SB for the 2nd time. I am almost a week into P1 and doing quite well; I've lost 6lbs!

The first time around on SB I lost around 23lbs, but unfortunately gained almost all of it back before I reigned myself in and said enough is enough! So here I am, going at it again after trying a few unsuccessful restarts. Which leads me to my question: Why do we do that to ourselves? When you think about it this WOE is so easy! I was doing really well the first time before I let birthdays, anniversaries, and vacation get in the way of my success..I was looking good! I told my husband last night to remind me the next time I decide to go offplan how easy this diet really is. I am so hoping this time I can stick to it. I have about 48 lbs to go before I'm at my goal and considering where I started from, that's not really that much to lose. My highest was 250 when our 3rd child was born and I don't ever plan on getting anywhere near that again!

Anyways, sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to introduce myself, say hi, and get that out there..I guess I just need to figure out what my triggers are and stay far far away from them.
ChristaLea33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome ChristaLea33. If we could only answer that question no one would struggle with maintaining their weight loss. Thankfully none of us are alone in this journey. Congratulations on putting yourself in check! That is no easy accomplishment. Many if us fund checking in here helps tremendously. looking forward to gerting to know you better.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I never had any long term success on my own. What I've found by posting daily here has been nothing short of a miracle. I have friends and a support group all in one. It's far easier for me to "recover" from the special events when I come right back here the following day and check in. My brain seems to refocus as I type.

Identifying triggers has helped me, too. Emotional eating....and just eating because I love great tasting stuff. As I come here everyday, I'm gradually learning and understanding how I can eat to live rather than live to eat.

I hope to get to know you better!

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/183/135

Height: 5'2"

You are right Jekel...I hadn't thought of it that way. I'll be glad when I can get to the point where I'm not thinking about if this food is okay to eat and how many ounces of water I've had today and it all just comes naturally. I think when I stopped SB last time I was almost to that point. Which makes me even madder at myself that I ever quit! lol It truly is a retraining of the brain and body.

Debbie, I'm right there with you on being an emotional eater and I still haven't mastered the art of learning to do something else instead of eating, but working on it. I look forward to getting to know all of you better!
ChristaLea33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

and congrats! I find myself here for the 7th+ time - I have success and think "I can go off plan just once" and then it tumbles downhill. I don't know why I can't just think of it as "no, that's not good for you," not eat whatever it is and call it a day.

And congrats on the loss so far!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote