Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~July Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? 70 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks Bobbi

I closed June

Last edited by Karen3; 06-30-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Just checking in quick. Been trying to stay off the computer as much as possible because of my hands/wrists. I think resting them like that in combination with the pain medication has helped some. They are not as painful as they were a few days ago.

I did get my continuing education stuff done ~ what a relief ~ had to use the computer for that, but it was just a matter of bring up the thing, then listening to a video of it and clicking on multiple choice answers to 15 questions for each one.

Anyway ~ such a relief to have that done.

Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 06-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #4  

Hi everyone. I had an awesome day. My dd and grdd took me to the movie's we saw THe Heat with sandra bullock and melissa mcarthy. it was one of the funniest films ive seen in along time. we laughed till the tears came. warning tho bad language. but sooo very funny. stopped for take out supper and am now home gorking. we have early dr apts in the morning.glynn glad you are feeling better hope you all had a fun weekend too. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
nada

snack
nope

dinner
orange chix
potatoe salad
watermelon
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies
And the work begins. We squared ds patio/carport Saturday. Dh will get the post today and we will start setting them in the ground. We have to cement 10 post with 2 bags of concrete for each hole. Mixing the concrete and poring in holes will be my job. I can feel my muscles hurting already. Good exercise though. I need it.
Dh and I fished yesterday for awhile. Boy was it hot. We caught a few. Not like we usually do but it was fun. When we got back ds had cooked and invited us for supper. What a treat. He is a very good cook. Saturday ds's gf and I went shopping. We pickup up some end tables ds had ordered for his living room. We had lunch. We had a nice time. She is such a sweetheart. I'm blessed that he found such a kind person.
I ran around all weekend so for some reason I have a pile of laundry to catch up on.

Karen3 I know I can still hear you in the back of my head nagging!! Lol
Bobbi glad you've been here more often. Good to hear about your progress. Hope you are taking pics so we can see later.
Rosy I'll send lots of prayers for a successful surgery.
Mary how are you doing?
Gayle I hope your hand/wrist starts to feeling better. Congrats on finishing your required test. What a relief huh!

Hello to all I missed.
Be back later!!
Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #6  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

This pain thing sure is frustrating. Later in the day, it seems to have kind of let up ~ not quite so bad. But somehow it gets worse over night and when I get up in the morning ~ it is like starting all over again.

This morning was the worst it has ever been ~ I was ready to go to the ER. Oh my gosh. I could barely walk. I have a dr's appointment tomorrow. I sure hope they can figure something out.

Sorry for venting.

Just call me the tin man ~ I am all rusted out.

Last edited by glynne; 07-01-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I joined a new gym - Retro Fitness. They are a chain & have sites around the country. MUCH cheaper (only $20/month) than my last gym & I like it better.

My goal is to get rid of the knee pain.

Lynn
Old 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #8  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All...

Lovely day here. Got my hairs trimmed, then colored them, then met a friend at Wendy's for lunch. I'm hoping to be able to show my sister's house this afternoon; if that doesn't work AGAIN, I'm signing with the realtor next week. It's time to get this show on the ROAD. The man who's interested in the midst of chemo treatments, feels like pure caca, and I wonder why he's even thinking about buying a house right now?

Got my sprinkler system fixed, just a loose wire, so there was a disconnect with the automatic programming. Easy peasy! So, all is well.

Nothing to report. It's a short week because of the holiday on Thursday... and then one more week until VACAY! I am so ready, and I'm not telling very many people I'm going on vacation! I need some time to myself; maybe I can actually clean this poor abode of mine!

Rosey - I'm anxious to hear about your surgery news.

Gayle - hope those hands feel better... but not completely, until you can show them to the doc!

Everyone - hope you're all doing well! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 07-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Its a beautiful warm (81) summer day! I didn't get much sleep so missed the gym this morning but dh went. Wish his work out would benefit me ...well, it does indirectly since it helps him keep healthy...but the only exercise I've gotten so far is my stretches for my shoulder and back and will do more of those later. I've done some housework and laundry but hoping to get more done. I've been trying to plan a BBQ for the 4th and it seems like everything I want to serve is a carb except the steaks! I will still enjoy it, just try to limit my portions, I guess...that's what I try to do with restaurant and other special meals. I think I've been doing really well with my meals even when eating out and am doing slightly better about snacking.

Breakfast was PB mocha frappe and 1/2 small banana
lunch was tuna sandwich (abt 3/4 tablespoon mayo), and 4 baby carrots
dinner will be chicken fried rice, lightly sauteed cauliflower. I will use a little butter for both dishes and salad (with our first cucumber from our garden). I almost never use salad dressing because I don't care for it.

Lynn - That's a great price for a gym esp if you like it better too. Our gym is in a community center just down the road from where we live (maybe 1-2 miles). We pay $48 for the two of us and think that's a great price, esp since we get access to almost everything in the building and it has nice size pool, a walking track, lots of machines as well as many types of exercise classes. There are a few for-fee classes but usually they aren't anything of interest to us. It does get a little crowded in the entrance (and the pool is somewhat limited) when the kids are out of school and taking lessons but it really doesn't bother us much and I enjoy watching the children too. Our grandchildren enjoy the pool too when visiting us.

Glynne - GFY getting your contining education done! Hope your pain is easing.

Rosey - Glad you had a day out and enjoyed the movie! I can't imagine going without meals/snacks like you do. Hopefully I will get so I can.

Last edited by maryea; 07-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #10  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

I just read the staff meeting minutes - our boss is submitting a request to the Head of the nurses to increase the secretary hours instead of 10a to 6p ~ make it 8a to 8p ~ I have been praying about that so long.

If they will increase the hours per day of my job, then that would decrease the number of days I had to go and maybe would give my wrists a chance to rest.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it ~ maybe finally something good is going to happen.

Last edited by glynne; 07-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #11  

Another crazy day with dr apts for both dh and I. hes having day surg tomorrow to get the tumors removed from his back. glad atleast his issues are being taken care of. my labs where all normal,my a1c was 5.5 , the only bummer was my b/p is still elivated. she increased the dosage of one of my meds. now its just waiting for ins approval. its been raining since early last evening and we sure needed it. i like hearing the rain drumming on our metal roof. glynn hope u get some answers for your ouchies,would it be possible for you to get amedical disability and retire ? hoping you all have peaceful evening rosey

breakfast
coffee
protein bar

lunch
nada

snack
coffee mocha
turkey lunch meat and cheese
cherries

dinner
baked chix
1/2 c mashed potatoes
cuke and tomatoe salad
1/2 ear sweet corn

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-01-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #12  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning....we have Home Depot coming over this morning to give us an estimate on the upstairs flooring.

We still had tons of treasures left after the rummage sale last Saturday. Bruce wanted to puke with all that's left, he's sooooooooooooo tired of hauling those big bins back and forth. He had an appointment to rent a storage garage for $70.00 plus deposit the day after the sale. That night I got to thinking about that much money renting the space and do we want to have another sale, post another ad in the paper and will we break even. I decided it wasn't worth it and told Bruce to cancel the storage and we'd donate it all to the Salvation Army. He almost broke his neck jumping up and down with joy.

Sunday morning I ALMOST didn't go to church since I had so much to do.
I did go to church and one of the first things the pastor said was, our youth group is doing a fund raiser and needs rummage sale items donated by the congregation. AND THEY WOULD COME AND PICK IT ALL UP! No kidding, I haven't seen Bruce this happy since he purchased his first Harley Davidson. And I almost missed the opportunity to help the youth.

Cajun...I can't remember if it was you who also had to log in every time you posted? KarenMo, yes I click on the button to stay logged in. Still isn't working so I contact the 3 fat chick gals to help me out.

Time to get going, the estimator is due. Ta Ta

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-02-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #13  

Bobbi it was me having trouble. Hope we get the answer to the problem. Our church just had a garage sell. The youth group made some good money.

We started on ds's carport yesterday afternoon. We dug the holes with the post hole digger on our tractor and started setting the post. Dh is getting concrete today to put in the holes. It's going to be a slow process. We have off July 4. We are not sure if we are going fishing or if ds will be off too and wants to work the whole day on his carport/patio. I would like to fish but they are not biting. I wish we had Friday off instead of thursday.
I have pokeno tonight. So no concrete pouring for me.
Doing good on my food this week. It's the weekends that get me. I did it before on the weekends. Can't get back on track 100%. I'm trying though.

Karen3 your still in my head. Dh left his chips on the cabinet and my hand was in the bag when you popped in my head. I thought gee thanks Karen!!! :0

Rosy I hope you can get your blood pressure lowered.

Gayle how many days will you work if they change your hours. Hopefully they come thru for you.

Jess my heart goes out to you. It can't be easy selling your sisters house.

Lynn that's a good price for a gym.

Out of time. Hi to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #14  

Bobbi it was me having trouble. Hope we get the answer to the problem. Our church just had a garage sell. The youth group made some good money.

We started on ds's carport yesterday afternoon. We dug the holes with the post hole digger on our tractor and started setting the post. Dh is getting concrete today to put in the holes. It's going to be a slow process. We have off July 4. We are not sure if we are going fishing or if ds will be off too and wants to work the whole day on his carport/patio. I would like to fish but they are not biting. I wish we had Friday off instead of thursday.
I have pokeno tonight. So no concrete pouring for me.
Doing good on my food this week. It's the weekends that get me. I did it before on the weekends. Can't get back on track 100%. I'm trying though.

Karen3 your still in my head. Dh left his chips on the cabinet and my hand was in the bag when you popped in my head. I thought gee thanks Karen!!! :0

Rosy I hope you can get your blood pressure lowered.

Gayle how many days will you work if they change your hours. Hopefully they come thru for you.

Jess my heart goes out to you. It can't be easy selling your sisters house.

Lynn that's a good price for a gym.

Out of time. Hi to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Got more sleep last night so got my workout in and it felt good. It's pretty warm here even though the temp really isn't that high. Breakfast was one egg scrambled in a little butter and 1 sl whole grain toast with 1 t. Smart Balance. I've been eating butter again after years of not but only in small amounts and I'm anxious to see whether it will affect my cholesterol and bs. So far I can't tell any difference with my bs.

Bobbi - Glad you have a way to get rid of your stuff easily.

Rosey - Wow, your bs is low. I'd be happy to keep mine in the low 6s. Last time it was 7.2. Hope the med helps your bp. Good luck with all this.

Glynne - Hope everything works out at work like you want. Are you sure the longer hours won't hurt your wrists more? But at least you'll have more days to recuperate. I'm sure you know what's best. And I know I would love not having to report to work as much!

Cajun - Does your son know how lucky he is to have parents to help him so much? I know you are glad to do it out of love. I am SO enjoying having my son over for dinner more often. Such a pleasure to cook for him.

Last edited by maryea; 07-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread