Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Default End of a relationship = no motivation to diet and exercise.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to write a post like this but I needed a place to vent.

I recently ended a tumultuous relationship with my boyfriend of six months. We both have things going on in our lives that just won't allow us to be together despite the fact that we both love each other. The split was mutual and we both know instead of trying to make things work to stop hurting one another and end things. Surprisingly, it was a very amicable split since the last two weeks have been an emotional roller coaster.

But now I just don't care about anything. I'm upset, anger, and sad. I don't care about my diet or exercising and I've given up. I'm not one of those people that go work out to relieve stress. All I want to do is lay on the couch, eat, and watch T.V. I don't care if I lose another pound at this point.

I'm sure a lot of you can relate to what I'm going through. I just can't seem to get out of this rut. I hate to be a cliché and I know I'm going to move on but I really can't talk to anyone about this that understands what its like to go through something like this on top of the already difficult task of eating right and exercising.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #2  
Perpetual Dieter

S/C/G: 191/187/130

Height: 5'2

I'm right there with you at the moment, I've just broken up with my boyfriend and I'm cycling through hurt, anger and just generally feeling sick.
The stress has messed up my stomach so when i eat something it doesnt stay there long, one way or the other (sorry for grossness)
It might not be the right thing to do weightloss wise, but I would just wait for it to pass, let yourself deal with one thing at a time, the weightloss isnt going anywhere where as the hurt can be dealt with quicker allowing you to go back to getting on with healthy eating.
I hope you start feeling better soon <3
Kayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Breakups are like that. For a while you quit caring about ANYTHING. I'm sure a lot of us have been there. It may not be the time for you to actively lose weight, but rather to maintain the losses you've achieved so far.

Perhaps you can project yourself 6 months into the future. Imagine you've regained 50 pounds because you just "didn't care" from day to day. Then imagine that you've maintained your current weight. Imagine the feeling of satisfaction and self-worth from that accomplishment. Hold to that projection when you reach for a calorie-laden snack.

In the meantime, make a list of all the things you need to do and the things you want to do, and start ticking off the boxes. Get out of the house, even if it seems like a Herculean effort. It will not only speed up your emotional recovery, but take your mind off the fridge.

HTH Freelance

Last edited by freelancemomma; 07-09-2013 at 03:39 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

It's perfectly normal, in my opinion, to mourn the loss of a relationship. I think Freelance has given you wonderful advice to focus on maintaining your current weight loss.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone-I think I'm going to take your advice and take at least this week to just focus on feeling better.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote