Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Default Need a kick in the pants

I am bending over for a good kick in the pants.
I have regained almost 20lbs of the 60 I originally lost. I hit my original goal in Nov. 2011, struggled to maintain it and have since pretty much given up and 20lbs came back on instead of the 10 more that I wanted to lose.
I do not want to regain all my lost weight plus more. I swore to myself this would never happen to me and yet here I am.
I have been too ashamed to come back to the forum and admit my failure but I really, really love all the support on this site and I really need it!
I am back on track today and trying to turn my negative, self loathing self talk into something more positive.
I have been suffering with some hip problems and have discovered that I can no longer do strenuous exercise. I can use my elliptical (did this morning) and some light to medium weight lifting but no more running, squats etc. I really need to focus on my food intake and continue with lighter exercise.
So much easier said than done. Here is to day one (again). Thank you all for being here!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

NEMom, welcome back!! There is no shame in coming back having gained weight -- in fact, there is strength. It took strength to overcome your shame, take an honest look, and commit to doing what you know works.

Plus, you came back after regaining 20. I came back after regaining all the weight that I lost plus 20 more on top of that. So... hats off to you for recommitting!

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

There are lots of us regainers here! I also felt the same way after gaining 50 out of 70 lbs. that I'd lost and then I realized how silly that was since I was letting my shame stop me from getting the support I needed. Nobody here judges anyone, as far as I can tell. If only real like was this kind!

Welcome back! Just take it one step at a time and do the best you can. You obviously know what to do!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I gained 40 of the 65/70 I'd lost. It takes a tremendous amount of strength to come back here after a gain (if I do say so myself. lol)

You can do this. You've already decided to get back on track today, which is great. We're all here with you. Do not give up. Trust me, 20 pounds can very easily turn into 40 pounds. Then, it'll be that much harder to lose.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Welcome back!!
It takes great strength to come back after gaining but you have lost the weight before and you can do it again!!
SaraJP0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #6  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

NEMom! There you are! I was just thinking about you!

I'm still here...losing slowly, hitting plateaus, getting frustrated.....Look at it this way: you're still ahead of me!

How's that handsome son of yours doing this summer?

Oh!...here ya go:
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Thanks for all the encouragement! This is why I love this place, everyone is so encouraging and understanding.

SumMyFeet-My son is doing ok this summer. Still having our ups and downs but hanging in there. Thank you for asking!!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #8  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Here's a :kick:, but I think a is more important.

We all make mistakes, we all slide--and we're all on your side!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  
Calorie Counter

I have made it five days on track. Have exercised for 40mins each morning and joined a water aerobics classed last night which was a ton of fun.
Weighed myself this morning and am at 173.8. Need to do my very very best to stay on track food wise this weekend. Weekends are really hard for me to stay on target.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #10  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm so glad you're back on track! I think it's sooo hard to get back once we slip, but you did it!

If weekends are your tough times, try to have an arsenal of strategies to deal with situations. For me, I try to make steamed veggies in case I wanna munch and am not truly hungry. Or, I'll have some tea with a little stevia and if that doesn't work, gum. Also, if I work out first thing in the morning, it helps me get my head on straight. Also, my weigh in day is Sunday, which motivates me to stay on track.

I'm rooting for u!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #11  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Weekends started out really hard for me, too, but as I've gotten into routines, they've gotten easier.

Things that have helped me:
  • Standard breakfasts from which I pick one
  • Broke the habit of going out to grab fast food for lunch
  • Be sure I buy easy lunch food so that we aren't tempted to go out
  • Plan and have a snack just as I do on a work day
  • Have dinner planned for each day so that there aren't any last minute decisions where I could make an off-plan choice
The common thread for me is planning. If the fridge is full of healthy OP choices, then I'm going to pick one. It's the last minute decisions that are bad for me.

It seemed difficult and unnatural (and unspontaneous) at first to plan this way--and it is not spontaneous--but I find it works.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #12  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Welcome back, NEMom~! I love your new avatar; you look joyful. I remember your positivity and posts from earlier and I'm still plodding along here not making much progress. But I'm keeping at it and have maintained a healthy eating/lifestyle and still struggle with portions and snacking at times. Sounds like you're really back on track! I'll snag some of your enthusiasm and recharge myself this weekend.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #13  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Welcome back NEmom! I look at this whole weight management thing as a life-long issue. Sure, we meet goal and move on, but I think chances are many of us are going to find ourselves needing to refocus energies. You should be PROUD you're here with just 20 pounds to lose and you didn't let it snowball out of control.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

There's nothing shameful about gaining weight again. Who hasn't been there? We all have. I can especially relate to dealing with an injury, I have a pelvic injury myself that has kept me from being as active as I want to be. The fact of life is that I have a limited range of motion, possibly long term. And for me, being active keeps me motivated to eat better, I can't do it with food alone because not being able to work out sometimes really really really depresses me. It's not a good cycle.

I stay motivated by keeping motivational quotes around me in my closet, mirror, kitchen, refrigerator, computer, iphone etc. Some of my favorites include:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
"There's someone busier than you on a treadmill right NOW."
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Made it through the weekend without a major slip up. I did not get exercise in but I did do a lot of housework on Sat. so I am sure I burned some extra calories.
When I stepped on the scale this morning I was only up a couple ounces which is better starting the week off two pounds heavier than I weighed on Friday which had been my pattern.
I overslept this morning. Did not sleep well last night, I kept waking up in a pool of sweat and shivering (Hello menopause). I am doing water aerobics tonight. Won't burn a ton of calories but some.