Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/9/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #2  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Goooood morning!!

I'm currently down 28.8 on IP with alternatives... trying sooo hard to get to that 30lb mark! So close! Once i'm down 40lbs, I'll be treating myself to a nice long massage! Can't wait!
My best friend and her husband started IP yesterday and I'm excited to see how they do!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Goooood morning!!

I'm currently down 28.8 on IP with alternatives... trying sooo hard to get to that 30lb mark! So close! Once i'm down 40lbs, I'll be treating myself to a nice long massage! Can't wait!
My best friend and her husband started IP yesterday and I'm excited to see how they do!
Way to stick with it. Alternatives do work, you just have to be more careful of what everything is and what they are made of.....I think a massage is a perfect victory lap for a "JOB WELL DONE"
Old 07-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question...

My breakfast now consists of one of the IP shakes blended with about 3 cups of baby spinach leaves. Do those 3 cups count towards my 4 cups of veggies daily, or are they in the 'unlimited lettuce' category? Thanks in advance-

Jodi
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

For those of us on Alternatives - Nashua Nutrition is offering a 10% discount this week for all of their ProtiDiet products. Code = "PD10" And if you are a Life Member you get the extra 10%. Nice savings if you need to replenish your cabinets

For those that are interested my order consisted of:
Protein Crisps - Chipotle
Protein Crisps - Chili & Lime
Honey Nut High Protein Soy Cereal (used with unsweetened Almond Milk Vanilla)
Jug of Instant Oatmeal Mix - Maple Brown Sugar (Used for my toppings of Rhubarb Crisp)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post

My breakfast now consists of one of the IP shakes blended with about 3 cups of baby spinach leaves. Do those 3 cups count towards my 4 cups of veggies daily, or are they in the 'unlimited lettuce' category? Thanks in advance-

Jodi
They count towards your 4 cups of veggies.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Ragdoll I guess that explains why my carbs have been so high every day... i've been eating that in addition to the 4c of veggies.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #8  

Hope everyone is doing well!! I've hit a mental block with this diet and haven't been 100% good the past couple of weeks. Have not gained any weight .. have stayed the same. Woke up this morning and decided to stop this attitude because this works and I want it. Feels good to feel renewed.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Yesterday was my first day on the program and I have to say, I was so proud of myself for sticking to it! I had some bad thoughts last night about wanting to stray off the diet but I had to talk to myself and tell me that this is what is best!!
Congrats to all who lost weight!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJP0804 View Post
Yesterday was my first day on the program and I have to say, I was so proud of myself for sticking to it! I had some bad thoughts last night about wanting to stray off the diet but I had to talk to myself and tell me that this is what is best!!
Congrats to all who lost weight!
SaraJ.... Welcome to your journey! And we also are also quite happy to welcome another "shortie" to the clan!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

i hit the 170s this morning!!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #12  
sugar is the devil

So after reading some horror stories on here about horrible coaches, I decided to do a little bit of more research on choosing a clinic (instead of picking whatever was closer to where I live). I think, and hopefully, found a good coach. I'll be meeting her on Thursday to get my assessment and buy products However, I won't be officially starting the program until I get back from my 3 week vacation (August 9). This way, I can start ASAP on my return instead of waiting for the weekend to pass and going for my assessment the week of August 12.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
The daily has actually become the BEST place to ask questions, esp a FAQ like spinach. If you don't know, someone in the daily will!
(See? You already got your answer!)

There is a sticky that says if you can't find the answer, start a thread, but threads for most things already exist, they're just hard to find b/c the search feature is wonky.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #14  

Default Energy level

Good morning everyone!

I am a fairly new member, but have been reading all the great advice since beginning IP on May 21st.

One thing I keep reading is the increase in energy people are enjoying in ketosis and with the loss of extra weight. Unfortunately, that is not happening for me and I am discouraged with my lethargy!

A little history: I had wanted to lose 20 pounds, but when I got to that goal I didn't feel 'done' so am going for 30. I have lost 22 so far. I started on the Alternative plan because I have Type 2 diabetes. After two weeks on that, I was able to switch to the standard Phase 1 protocol. I have been 100% on program.

Do others have a similar loss of energy? Maybe just the energized among us write about it! Any advice or antidotes welcome!

Thanks in advance and thanks for sharing so many success stories along the way!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #15  

Mnmomx2
Have you ever had a thyroid panel done? Low thyroid can be a source of decreased energy.
Closed Thread