View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 07:50 PM   #9
Maggie
Thin Within

Smile HUMPDAY

Good afternoon everyone in the flower patch. It is a beautiful 85 degree day as I type. We planted some trumpet vines on the pergola with the wisteria which will be georgeous next spring. Will got the peach tree in and a fence around it. Going to put fences around some other trees we planted come spring so the deer will not eat them again. Thing about our peach tree they absolutely would ruin it because they eat the bark off the little trunk and stunt it's growth or flat kill it.

FAYE I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law and do hope he pulls out of this and is back to exact soon. I know how you and sister must feel ~ I had a brother that was a fire man die of a heart atack when he was in his 30's. They hit younger than we want to think about don't they. You take care now. As for cooking turkeys what a great idea if you are going to cook the whole bird to de-bone it. I just never do cook the whole bird anymore since both Will and I only eat the white meat. I do a breast and that does us just fine. We are having a Thanksgiving dinner on the 15th of November at our church and I will be baking two breasts for that ~ someone else will make a whole bird so those who like dark meat can have some. I signed up to do the breasts, dressing, gravy and make two coconut cream pies. Easy work for this little ey. I cook the meat in those neat oven bags which makes them so tender and moist.

JEAN Have you ever thought of hiring a to come in and make your meals and pop them in the freezer for you? Remember Jan from Kansas ~ she does that type of work now. It is hard to visualize how cold it must be there now. What is the temp like in May? That is probably when we will be back your way.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK