UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #1  
... and I am a chocoholic

S/C/G: 336/Tracker/160

Height: 5'6"

Question Diet clubs?

Hi all, I haven't been on here for ages and at the same time haven't been focused on my eating. I'm at a very low point today, feeling hopeless and out of control to be honest

I've dieted for years but have never been to a club like weight watchers or slimming world for money and embarrassment reasons. I'm at a point where I just don't know if anything can help me so I'm considering giving it a go and I was just wondering peoples opinions and if anyone has had any success? I'm considering slimming world and tbh could use a support system and would like to make some friends, but I worry about the money and if it will just be another flash in the pan or will be like teaching granny to suck eggs (I know what I SHOULD be doing, its actually doing it that's the problem!)

Many thanks!
lyndzro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

I have tried both and would definitely recommend Slimming World. My bf has lost 5 stone in just over a year. We have made some great friends and everyone is so supportive. It is a slightly different concept to normal diets which can either make it easier r harder but it is all about learning to make the right choices while still giving you the option to have a little treat now and then. Just go along to your local group and see what its all the about, the whole thing will be explained to you and if you try it out for a few weeks and don't like it don't go again. There is no need to feel embarrassed of ashamed to go. They're all there for the same reason and even the target people have been where you've been and they can help.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I have last years slimming world books if you'd like them to take a look at? Cover the postage costs and they are yours!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote