Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #1  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default July Chat

Happy July, everybody! I love summer even if the heat index is in the triple digits until sometime in September.

June was pretty decent for me. Lost 7.8 lbs, only had a goal of 5 so I will take it.

July is starting out hard. This is the time when all the family comes to visit because we live on the beach. So it's always going out to eat, etc. And then fourth of July. Lastly, we are having a pig roast/graduation party for my cousin who just finished her Pharm.D. (Yay second pharmacist in the family!)

So this week is going to be rough. My weekly points were smashed from the weekend of beer and seafood platters, so I have got to kick it up on the exercise this week to make up for the fourth. It's my late week/on call week so it makes fitting in exercise harder. Getting up an hour or two early is hard when you've been getting calls all night from the hospital.

But I will persevere!
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #2  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Happy (almost) 4th!

Jilu: Yikes, getting awakened in the middle of the night does not sound fun. Come to think of it, even getting awakened at a decent hour of the morning is no fun either,lol! Good luck at your upcoming parties. I have one this weekend that will test the skills I've learned so far in WW.

Last weekend, on w/i day luckily, I made my first really big blunder since starting WW. I ate out and only checked the points AFTER we ate. Big mistake. It was a 23 point meal! ONE meal! I am having to plan carefully this week to make sure I don't run out of weeklies.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Hello all. I am new here... not to the site but this forum. I joined the site about 5-6 years ago and have come back from time to time. I have struggled with my weight my whole life getting down to 164 about a year and a half ago. This morning I weighed in at a hefty 198 pounds...eek!
I am going back to basics. No more get thin quick schemes good old weight watchers and exercise.
I started a hip hop abs and rockin body hybrid yesterday and will walk at work (when it isn't 90 degrees outside or raining). I tend to lose quickly when I do what I am supposed to do so I am guessing I should be back to my goal weight of 170 by the end of the summer or before.
I tried to start a blog because in the past that has helped me with accountability but the blogs are disabled....bummed about that.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #4  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the group tjjsmom. I agree that getting back to basics is what will work.

I lost 3.2 lbs this week because I stuck to the points and exercised. I am going to try my best to do the same this week and maybe hit my 10lb mark. I am trying not to beat myself up for not doing better and try to remind myself that at least I'm not giving up and I am losing weight.

As for 4th of July plans. HA!! I'm in furniture retail and I'm stuck working from 9 to 7pm. Hubby and I are going to have some grilled burgers today and call it good enough.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #5  

Good luck to all you ladies this month with your goals! I know you can do it! I have been doing fairly well, and I am trying to make small changes. My goals for this month are:

1-Track every single day.
2-Get my treadmill fixed, and USE it
basketballmamma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #6  
Looking for Zen

Two words to describe today. Sun. Burned.

It's actually mostly not really bad, but I got stuck driving the jet ski to pull people skiing/tubing and didn't get back to the pier for a long time today.

Sidenote of awesome. My aunt was cleaning out her house and asked if I wanted her amazing gym quality treadmill that is a couple years old. Which is amazeballs. It's so hot to walk/run down here right now (especially with the humidity), and I've been going to her house to use it anyway. She said I've been the only one to turn it on in months and she wanted it out of her breakfast nook.

So we found a pickup and hauled it over this morning!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #7  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Jilu: Free treadmill, that is the most awesome thing! I am sure you will put it to great use and make your aunt proud. I hear you on the sunburn. I got one the first day at our neighborhood pool and got some funky tanlines due to the little built in skirt on my bathing suit. Been trying all summer to even it out but it is slow going.

I am off to weigh in a day early today because we are going out of town for my husband's family reunion this weekend. I am also seriously thinking about canceling my Active Link. I will think more on that and post later.

Have a great weekend everyone!
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Hey, hope everyone has been well!

I am still inching along on my weight loss journey...the bad news is that I am on and off weight watchers (off much of the time and I need to find motivation again)...I think i am mostly rebelling against 26 points (because, while it is enough sometimes, there are other days it just isn't and then I feel resentful toward that target). And yesterday, I just ate whatever at the cookout (because I still have no control at family gatherings). So blech, I just need to get things together.

Good news is that I have started running...I did a 2-mile race in 23:05, which I am happy with for a first race! I am going to aim for a 5k in September. I am hoping that getting back on track with WW and my 5k training will help me conquer these 170's!

Hope the weigh-in was good, 4keeps!
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #9  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I feel like I have fallen of the wagon, everyone! But.... I am STILL in an insane plateau. This week I am going to stop being so lax about WW and maybe something will happen!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/tracker/162

Height: 5`3

smashlers there you are! I had a 3 week plateau and the scale finally started moving again. Keep going! I know it's so frustrating!

In personal news, yesterday around noon, a man I never met started banging on my door. I mean beating the crap out of it. After I found pants (ha!) I finally got to the door. He said "The house next door is on fire and its going to spread to yours, you need to get out now!!!" He helped me get my Great Dane mix who was going nuts, and I grabbed my 2 year old son and my phone/keys. Long story short, the firefighters got the fire out quickly, but the neighbors house is most likely a total loss. Our house was scorched. Windows melted and broken and our air conditioner and satellite are fried. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. Everyone is safe including my 8 months pregnant neighbor and her kids and daycare kids. So anyway, I am trying my best to stay on plan. We are staying at my parents house for now.

Hope everyone is doing well!
geekmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #11  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Holy crap , Geekmadre! That is insanely scary. Glad to know everyone is ok!! Now the head ache of sorting all that out! geeesh!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Thanks for the warm welcome Teresa66. My sister gave me her old weight watchers information so I am gonna give it a go on my own. Hoping I can manage without going to the meetings it is not really in my budget right now.
I even started a challenge with some of my friends and relatives. I call it the "if it ain't tight it ain't right challenge" We started today and it will go until September 7th. I will text everyone almost everyday with inspiring messages or weightloss tips to motivate and help keep us all accountable.

Geekmadre glad you made it out ok I know that must have been very frightening.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #13  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Geekmadre, what a terrifying experience!! I'm so glad to hear that there was no one hurt. I pray for you and your neighbors that your lives will return to normal as soon as possible.

I have had a terrible holiday weekend at work. I swear I got every rude, non-buying customer that walked into the store, while every other sales person was writing business and having a good time. I just don't know why this is happening but it does force me to work on my attitude. Of course it doesn't help that one of my co-workers is on a mission to destroy another co-worker through noise harassment. I mean seriously two grown men acting like 8-year olds. It's a wonder I don't dive into a bag of chocolate chip cookies!! Especially since I'm also PMSing.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #14  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Oh dear god Geek! How scary!!!

I'm getting back on the wagon for real this week. I'm going to my first WW meeting in over a month tomorrow. Ugh - so frustrated and disappointed in myself. I havent been brave enough to weigh in on my scale in over two weeks. I'm looking forward to getting back on plan, but not forward to seeing the damage I've done tomorrow. :sigh:

In less negative news: I ran the Peachtree Road Race 10k on the 4th and shaved 5 minutes off of my personal best!

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 07-08-2013 at 09:52 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #15  
Looking for Zen

SMF: Awesome on the race!

I got it back together today as well. I didn't weigh in on Friday because I haven't had a great couple of weeks.

I have weirdo depression. It doesn't happen a lot and it usually doesn't stick around for long so I don't take medication. But maybe once a year, I will just feels the apathy and the sads start to creep in. I still did all the things I usually do, I still hung out with friends, still did everything. But it starts to become like I wasn't really there. Like the real me is hiding in the back of my brain and just staring into nothing while fake me is acting normal.

So, my husband kind of pointed out to my last night that I haven't been participating. Or seeming to care. So I started back my routines of stuff that works. Which is really exercise. And having a schedule of stuff to do that requires active brain participation. And planning out weekly menus. And I'm starting to slide back into normality.

But! I'm making it. I know I did not make great food decisions the past week and change and it's really frustrating.