Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

Default camping

please help!my mother in law and I are going back country camping next week for almost 4 days. I have no idea what I can make that is camping friendly! I just need ideas., it's going to be hard to do sicker because we will have no ice**and drinking them warm is so gross in my opinion. so any suggestions would be wonderful!
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/156/145

Height: 5'7"

I am going camping in two weeks and will be somewhat in the same boat as you except we are staying in yurts with running water outside. I'd say bring RTD shakes and bars and other ready to eat IP products. Bring lots of water and tons of pre cut veggies and all your supplements. My friend just managed to lose 2.5 lbs after a long weekend at Disneyland doing IP (or eating essentially the same way anyway) so I believe anything is possible if you follow the program.
dedicatedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #3  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Will you be cooking? because the cappuccino and chocolate drinks are good hot. Crispy cereal is such a small amout I can eat it pretty quickly, even if warm - not pleasant, but doable. Maybe just go to two packets and two protein meals?
bimnd113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #4  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I agree on the crispy cereal. It travels well. The protidiet cereal would travel well also if you do alternatives, then you don't have to add water. The warm drinks would be good. I actually really like the Blueberry Pom drink better when it's warm. Try it, you might like it. I also like the jello with warm water as a drink instead of jello.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #5  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

If you make them in a tightly sealed bottle you can sink it in a cold stream w/ a cord around the bottle, tied to a tree, to cool it.

All the soups could be made with water heated over a fire, or heated with the little hand warmers (seal the water in a ziploc and put in ANOTHER ziploc with the hand warmers) they sell at outdoors stores.

I second the Blueberry-cran drink - it tastes just like juice to me and I could drink it anytime. Of course, that is ONLY if I have a lid on it. All the food smells terrible to me.

Your days meals could look like this:
B: Cold Vanilla or chocolate drink stuck in the stream or river overnight.
S: IP Juice like drink (water them down if you don't like them a lot, then they taste like sports drinks)
L: Leftover meat from the night before (chicken and steak are yummy at room temperature... not sure what type of protein you are packing or how. Look into dehydrated meats). Veggies, such as celery or sliced peppers (lasts forever unrefrigerated), cucumbers whole (can be eaten while hiking), or sealed pickle packs.
S: Bar/Wafers (get in extra since you will be working so hard!)
D: IP Soup w/ veggies.
lauran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Mushrooms on a stick over an open fire (ala hotdogs and marshmallows) are awesome! You wouldn't have to keep them cold prior to cooking and they are very portable.
Princess Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

thank you for all the suggestions
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #8  
Started IP 5/20/2013

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quest bars is you do alternatives. Anything except cookie dough, because it will melt. The others are better when they're warm anyway and very portable.
Divadani13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/21/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divadani13 View Post
Quest bars is you do alternatives. Anything except cookie dough, because it will melt. The others are better when they're warm anyway and very portable.
I just ate my first Quest bar and it is delicious! As I ate it, I thought of this thread.

The quest bars are a little higher in calories and fat than normal IP products, but instead of eating an extra pack because of all of your exertion, you could just eat 3 of these and count the calories/fat as your "extra" packet.

Lauran
Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
I just ate my first Quest bar and it is delicious! As I ate it, I thought of this thread.

The quest bars are a little higher in calories and fat than normal IP products, but instead of eating an extra pack because of all of your exertion, you could just eat 3 of these and count the calories/fat as your "extra" packet.

Lauran
Sorry, but I must be missing something here, but I don't think it is EVER okay to have three restricteds in one day. Under any circumstances. Additional UNrestricteds are allowed with extra activity. I'm sure someone will step in and say otherwise.
Again, I may be misunderstanding something along the way.

Last edited by Princess Peacock; 07-07-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Princess Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/21/2013

Not everyone counts the Quest bars as restricted - I don't, but that doesn't mean I would regularly eat 3 a day since they are a bit higher in areas. A bit higher once a day is burnable, but a bit higher 3 times a day comes close to an extra, unrestricted packet. So - if she ate 3 quest bars a day, that could equal close to 4 unrestricted packets a day nutritionally.

Please correct me if I am wrong! I am very new, and frequently form opinions before I have facts.