Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #1  
Colleen

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Turning 35 and scared!

Hello everyone!

My name is Colleen and I am new to this forum. On Monday, I will be celebrating my 35th birthday and, to be completely honest, I am terrified! I am trying to remind myself that age is only a number but....yikes...it is still rough! 30 didn't bother me one bit but, 35, geesh. Anyway! I have decided that the main reason that I am dreading it so much is because I am so unhappy with my weight and the way that I look. I have a wonderful husband, 2 terrific kids, a great job, great friends and a super supportive family but...I am fat. You would think all of those great things would trump the weight issue but, unfortunately, they don't. My weight issue has actually gotten to the point where I am uncomfortable going out with friends or dates with my husband. I am incredibly self conscious and it is time to GET OVER IT!

So........with all of that being said, here I am! Ready to start this new weight loss journey and, hopefully by joining this forum, I will meet some great people along the way that are experiencing some of the same feelings that I am.

If you will have me, I would love to be a member of the 30-something group
casakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

casakran - WELCOME. We all are battling our weight and I def know how you feel. You have done the most important thing which is admit you want to change. Now you have to implement the right actions.

A year ago I 249 and hated it and made my own admission - now I'm 173. You can do this!! There may be ups and downs but stay the course. We;ll cheer you on. Read the threads and post when you need encouragement.
cosmic wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #3  
Colleen

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Cosmic Wisdom - thank you so much for your response! I am REALLY looking forward to sharing my journey with you

Today will be Day 1 of being OP. I WILL do this! WE will all do this together
casakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

Welcome casakran....Ive only been here since March but these ladies (and gents) are great. I was at 275 when I started and Im almost at that weight again but I have been through some major emotional trauma over the last two months. I am back on track with eating and working out so hopefully something will finally give. I have worked so hard the last week and Im up a pound instead of down, but meh....I have vacation time coming up in November so its all about being thinner when I leave. We are here for you if you need support/motivation and I can definitely use it too. We are all in the same boat Oh and fyi, I know how you feel, I will be 39 in September

Last edited by Missys Mom; 07-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Missys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #5  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I am 35 and I made myself a promise that before I turn 36 I will be at a "normal" weight. Good luck on your journey.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I am turning the big 4-0 next January and want to be rid of all of my baby weight by then (had the little one in late March). Don't sweat 35.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #7  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I am turning 51 next month. Every year gets better.

One of the best things about aging is really being able to let go of some of the things that used to bother me so much.

Life's variety of experiences have helped to develop perspective ... a healthier one from my point of view.

Wouldn't give up 50 for 30 (or 35) any day!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #8  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I stood on the eve of my 47th birthday and made myself the commitment that 47 would be the year that I turned things around. On my 48th birthday I got to enjoy the incredibly satisfying feeling of having met my goal. I hope the same for you! Best of luck, and Happy Birthday!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/163/135

Height: 5'7"

Smile

I'm right there with you on the 35 train; my birthday is next Friday! Although I don't have anywhere near the same things in my life as you (no husband, but I have a bf; not raising any kids; just starting to dig myself out of homelessness), I can agree that this age is daunting. It's like you're leaving your youth behind and actually ENTERING ADULTHOOD. It's scary for me, because i've never had a plan for my life, and now I'm five years from 40...
Sirius Amadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/207/155

Height: 5'9

I am right there with you...except I am not turning 35 until Feb...so my goal is to be at my goal before then! (goal use to be 35# before 35 but now I think it needs to be 50# before 35! I hope the support of this group can help keep me on track. My issues are completely eating related but I know it needs to change and hope yall can help hold me accountable!
3cloudboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/174.5/143

Height: 5'9

Hi! I'm turning 35 in Feb and I'm scared out of my boots! When I was in my 20's, I thought that by now I'd have my life sorted out but I totally don't! I'm a long way from where I thought I would be and I see lots of people around me the same age who totally have their stuff together and I think that adds to my problem. It's not so much the number, it's the stage of life that freaks me out the most. I should be all grown up, but I don't feel like I am!!

I'm working my way though things slowly and losing weight (and maintaining) is one of those things. Time for me to pull up my big girl pants and stop eating like a teenager whose parents are away for the weekend!!!

Last edited by AngieT; 07-28-2013 at 09:35 PM.
AngieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

Hi Colleen,

Happy belated birthday (I just joined this forum yesterday) Your tagline caught my eye as I am nearing my 35th birthday in about 6 weeks. I agree that my being this weight, along with a looming birthday, is not a winning combination. Your family and life sounds great but I do know what you mean about that one thing that just seems to overshadow all the others. I know its been almost 2 months and I'm just wondering how you're doing with it

Last edited by Monkeysmom; 08-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Hi everyone

As I near the same age, I find myself struggling with similar feelings. There are so many things that I wanted to accomplish, or thought that I would have accomplished, by 35.

The thing that we have to keep in mind is that when we set out these goals or lists, there's no way to know what (yet unseen) obstacles we will face in achieving these things. In facing these obstacles, we may actually achieve more than we can check off on a list.
BlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote