Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Christian Encouragers-July thread

--------------------------------------

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving.......anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

OOPS! Forgot it was a new month, so I started the new thread and posted this here too! Welcome to July!!

Hi, everyone! And, I finally found my way off my plateau!!! Lost 4 pounds last week doing the Fast Diet. On 2 nonconsecutive days each week (I chose Monday and Thursday), you (women) eat only 500 calories and make sure they're good calories, like protein and fiber to keep you full. The other days, the diet says you can eat anything you want, but I try to stay reasonable, with fruits, veggies, and good proteins and fats. I found that, on the 'normal' days, I was eating less, too, and being very mindful of what was going in my mouth. Feeling very good, too! The only thing I did notice was a headache by evening on the 'fasting' days, so I'm being more mindful of how many carbs I eat on the normal days to avoid sugar crash. The most amazing thing I've noticed is that my digestive system seems to be improving over the last couple weeks-I haven't taken any MOM in over 2 weeks! Of course, that could be that my latest MS exacerbation is waning, f.i.n.a.l.l.y.!

Wish I had more time here to talk, but must go take Mom to the psychiatrist. She's already wanting her meds changed, so here we go again She's listing her trailer to move to AZ if it sells. Part of me is glad that my sister will have to deal with some of this for awhile and I'll get a break, but, then, I know sis doesn't need any more on her plate either.

Well, take care and have a blessed day, friends!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/296/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey Ronni, Congratulations on the jump off the plateau. That's awesome and so are you. May God continually bless you and your mom. I pray your strength in the Lord, and the prayer you posted is beautiful and powerful. I gain so much strength from coming here to 3FC. I asked the Lord for help, and He guided me here. I thank Him for his lovingkindness.
gamechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Happy Canada Day to our wonderful Canadian friends !!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARGOO -- THANKS, and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all our other Canadian friends out there too.

RONNI -- THANKS SO MUCH for starting the new July Thread; I have been very busy the last few days. I have been packing for our trip back home. We are so excited to be able to go back to our house again. As much as I have loved visiting and recuping here, we really miss our own place. My aunt says the grass is high enuff to "bale" now; oh dear, that won't make the neighbours very happy, but then none of them offered to help us out either.

My chemo symptoms are starting into week #3 so the muscle/skin numbness and stingies have started already. It makes it uncomfortable to walk but I am grateful the earlier symptoms were milder this round too. My hair is growing back in already and you can see the outline of it (it's growing in darker too). I never did lose all of it, so I am glad that I didn't shave it off. My BIL was praying his head off that all my hair would not fall out; and that prayer was sure answered.

I have been trying real hard to eat better, but I think that I will have to cut back even further than I thought. I am not going to weigh myself for awhile as that was sooo very discouraging to see a weight-gain after each round. I hope it doesn't take long for the steroids to get out of my system. The DA says it can take up to 6 months ... eeks!

We plan to leave early Wednesday morning, so please pray for a safe trip for us; it is a very long one. My brother is going with us; and he's always fun company on road trips ...

MELISSA ~ thanks for your very optimistic post at the end of the June Thread; loved it! Just what we need to hear when life is battering us around a bit. We have had beautiful weather here on the lake; so lovely to sit out there on the porch, and enjoy GOD's natural beauty -- and yes, we have lots of great food to eat, and piles of nice clothes to wear. We have many blessings that we must look at instead of all that other stuff.

Time to get the BBQ ready; PRAIZE GOD for His many blessings! ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-01-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #6  
wishin' for sun!

Hi!

Gamechanger-thanks for the encouraging words! I love that prayer too-it's been the starter for the Encouragers' thread since long before I was here!

Rosebud-I'll be praying for your trip home and for settling back in. Plus, prayers for the chemo effects to wear off quickly and get you back to your normal self. And the requests mentioned in the Prayer Warriors thread. Hope you had a very nice Canada Day!

Bargoo-You're always in my prayers!

Hello to all our mia's also! Prayers for each one of you!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #7  
Rosebud

THANKS RONNI -- congrats on breaking through that plateau. I have made up a new eating plan for when I get back home; similar to the one I was on before. I don't want to lose weight too fast; and will be using my hand weights again (my arms sure need them). I hope to get my rowing machine back upstairs if I can find room for it. Plus, I can start walking around the block again; the sidewalks at home are very handy. We would like to see how much the aqua-fitness or swimming program is too -- if it is affordable, we will try that out as well.

I had a lot of work to do today: finishing the packing and loading the car. Got DH to help carry and load so that part went pretty fast. We had free4all for dinner tonight -- I had leftover salad and a roast beef sandwich (not too bad). DH had his BBQ'd Superdogs, and the others had BBQ'd bangers (sausages).

You know, I was thinking so much about what MELISSA said and I really believe that is what GOD wants us to do -- no matter what circumstances we find ourselves going through, I think He wants us to keep our eyes on JESUS. Don't look at what is happening around you; just keep going forward. Winston Churchill said during the war -- "WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF GOING THROUGH ****; JUST KEEP GOING!"

That is so important; and GOD showed me that recently. No matter how much crap is around me, just focus on Him. I read something in a book that was similar to that last night and then I read something in a file too. That's three times in a couple of days; to me, that's not a coincidence but GOD giving me a message. Don't look at your circumstances; ignore the threats; ignore the lies (of uknowwho); and just pray.

When your life is full of crap, He can still turn it around for good. Trust Him and just continue walking through life. Do what you have to do; follow the process; do your job; take care of business -- whatever. Then, watch GOD sort it all out. There is GLORY even in the midst of the crappiest crap. LOL!

We have lovely beaming down upon us through my bedroom window where I have my PC, and I can hear the birdies chirping away too. So much beauty here to enjoy; it's a choice -- we choose what to focus our attention on. This is the time to keep our eyes on the keeper of the prize.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-02-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Hopefully things are going to settle down around here for a while so I can be here more often. DH is finished with therapy although he is supposed to continue doing it at home. I learned a lot and will be doing them too to hopefully strengthen my neck and back. Saw the surgeon who did his neck last week and he told DH that he has choices... 1. hire someone to do the lawn, 2. if he insists in doing it himself, he needs to do it over 2 or 3 days or 3. continue doing it all in one day like he does and be aware that he will be in pain for 2 or 3 days unable to do anything. Therapist says he is an A personality and won't change. However, I took the bull by the horn and I had one of the sons of one the beauticians where I get my hair done come out to give us an estimate of what he will charge to either do it or to do some of it. I really think it is good for DH to do some of it because it keeps him busy, but he needs help and DGS isn't much help. The guy came out but hasn't called back to say what he will charge. If it is too much for us to pay, I hope we can negotiate with him and have him just come ever so often to trim trees, bushes etc that DH doesn't need to be doing any more. DH doesn't have any doc appts this month except to get blood draw for his blood thinner. I think he is feeling better because he is almost like he was when we married which is so nice. Thanks for y'alls prays concerning his health.

Also, I would like to share something else you might add to your prayers. His daughter sent me the roses for Mother's day. She never did anything for her Daddy. She finally texted me on Monday after and said "Please Happy Father's day to my best Dad in the whole world. His card is late because I don't have a stamp. I'll call tonight." That's it no card ever sent and no call. I have to tell you that really makes me mad and some how, I want to find a way to tell her without causing trouble NOT TO EVER DO ANYTHING FOR ME if she isn't going to do for her Daddy. He already feels like they only use him. DGS thinks nothing of asking for something he needs and doesn't do a lot to help around here and acts like his DGD is asking too much when DH asks him to do something for him. He had to live here this summer to go to college to save his scholarship. When I told him he needed to be sure and take care of the scholarship, he says well if I lose I can go to the Technical college here. I finally told him last night that he better take care of the scholarship because we cannot support him while he goes to technical school. If he plays around and loses his scholarship, he needs to go home to FL and live with his Mom. It is all I can do to pay bills and feed him and he puts nothing in to help. I need to find a way to take care of this without it becoming a stress thing for DH and me. Thanks for listening guys I appreciate it.

Rosebud I am so thrilled with your progress and your hair growing back. I told you I had seen it happen and I was praying with your BIL for it to grow back. PRAISE THE LORD He answered all our prayers for that situation!!! And I believe He is working behind the scene on the other situation that Satan has hit you with. Our Pastor said one day "Satan knows that he can't stop you from being saved and going to heaven. So he works to try to distract you from your focus on God so you will doubt the Lord and he wants to destroy your witness to others". Satan has come against you from every side, but you continue to stand and be a witness of God's Goodness. What a testimony and inspiration you are to others. I believe God something really great in store for you. While it is true God does not causes these things to happen, I believe He does use the things Satan throws at us to develop our faith as well as our character so that we mature spiritually and become more like Christ. I think of Job and the victory Job had when he came THROUGH all Satan threw at him. I like what you quoted that Churchill said. Reminds me of what Joyce Meyer always says "When you find yourself going through something, just keep going through to the other side". I can't wait to see how God is going to bring you through this and what BLESSING He has for you on the other side.

Gamechanger Not sure I welcomed you so I will officially say fellow TX girl. I notice you live in or around Houston, TX. I live in SC, but am TX born and raised in Waco. Left 10 1/2 yrs ago when I married DH. Never thought I would ever leave. Took me out of TX, but never will take TX out of me. hehe Lived in League City for about 8 yrs then moved back to Central part and lived there until DH #2 passed away and I married present DH.

Ronni Hope things go well with your Mom moving to be with your Sis. Is it going to be a shared responsibility with your Mom staying there some and coming to be with you some or will it be a permanent thing when she moves. Whichever, I pray your Mom will continue with the meds. Prayers continue for you.

Bargoo Hope everything is good with you.

Everyone else lurking etc

Well, I missed the Canadian Day for our precious Canadian family here. Hope y'all had a great day.

HAPPY 4th to all of us here in America.

I love my Christian family and I too love being able to be included with those of you here at 3fc and hate it when I can't get here. If pc keeps working right and things settling down a little, hopefully that will be different now.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY -- to all our American friends here. Hope you all had a great day celebrating your country and your freedoms there ...

TRISH -- THANKS for your encouraging words of support; yes, I feel a bit battered but am also waiting to see what great blessing GOD will bring out of this situation for us.

Had a busy day; did some yard work. They did get the grass cut for us; GOD bless that fella who did it. It was very hot and he worked so hard; sweating buckets for almost 5 hours. It was so nice to drive up and see the grass was cut for us. They left some for DH to rake up; he did some but didn't last long, so tomorrow AM, I'll help him gather some to use as mulch around my berry bushes. It was a hot one today too, but we had a lovely breeze out on our front porch.

Have to take it easy a bit, as my muscles were hurting a lot. Will try to watch it for the rest of the 3rd week. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR my family and I.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #10  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ fighting hard to get through the side effects of the last round of chemo; have really been "PUSHING THRU THE PAIN" as I like to say. We did some more raking and mulching this AM; then after dinner, I had a second wind and did some more raking. There are about 5 piles of hay -- I mean grass, for DH to help me spread around tomorrow AM ... I know he'll love that, but we have to keep him busy too as "idle hands are the 's playground ...

I actually felt better the second time round; think that may be the adrenaline kicking in to help my musculs feel better. Think I'll go to bed earlier: do some extra prayers and maybe some reading. My eating went better today; that's another area that I have been battling since coming home.

As I said in the prayer thread, I have been sorting the summer vs winter clothing and packing the winter stuff, tossing what we don't need or use; some may go to good will, if I can get them there. Have also been cleaning as I go along as well; the house needs a good one over after not being done for so long. I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't very much dust though.

We had some on Sunday, so I did some baking; made a pumpkin custard for me (DH had pumpkin pie and meat pie), and some banana-oatmeal muffins for the week as well. A cool day is perfect for catching up on the baking and on the weekend, the hydro is less too (that's a double bonus really).

So you know what I'll be doing all week. Hope you all are having a good one out there too. Remember to PRAIZE GOD NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH -- I spent last night and daytime listening to Christian music. That never fails to lift my spirits. Have a great week everyone ...
Old 07-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #11  

Rosebud Praise is the key. I know the importance of praise, but I'm learning it 1st hand now. I appreciate everyone's prayers as I am beginning to feel better already. I really think my problem is that I usually get to go home every other year, but haven't been home in 3 yrs. Probably just feeling homesick. This too will pass as they say. Well, these are the times that causes us to develop spiritual character.

Sounds like you are settling into a routine now that you are home and I pray things just get better and better.

Bargoo I pray you good news on the eye situation and it will just mean you need glasses.

Everyone else
Old 07-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Girls I tried to get on here two days before my husband went into emergency and it said it had been hit with a virus. I been at the hospital with hubbie and running the business , ranch, house etc.. Staying up tonight to clean up for contractors so I can get airconditioning in. I have to get busy but wated to tell you I just got a message email from Facebook that told me I had some messages , and they never showed them to me before and one was from Gary in January , that was trying to friend me, oh how I wish I had got that message! There was 10 messages I never got from different people! Just don't understand that!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #13  

Bootsie I had problems getting on here for a while too. Sorry to hear about your DH and will be praying for him to get well and for you as you are under the stress.

Getting out of the house this eve with a friend. Sunday was my beauticians birthday and we are going out to eat at Cracker Barrel to celebrate. I'm really looking forward to it. She has had a lot of problems and needs to get out and so do I although things are getting better with me. Just got to keep my focus on the Lord regardless of what else is going on.

Hope everyone is doing good today.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #14  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE -- I've been getting lots done around here this week. Today, I did the washroom and washed the floors as well; plus, a bit of this and that in the afternoon.

TRISH -- I had a good chat for a couple of hours with a couple of friends today too; just catching up and such. It's so nice to have even just one friend who I can talk to that won't judge me or what I say or my life. With so many issues going on in my life, that means so much to me. A really good friend is a great listener and knows how to say ... uh, huh ... uh, huh ... uh, huh! Hope you and yours have a wonderful time together.

BOOTSIE -- sending up prayers for your DH and for you since you have so much on your plate right now too. Sorry to hear you missed those messages on Facebook, esp from GARY, but don't worry -- he knows what happened by now, I'm sure. Sure miss that guy around here. Every now and then I still think of him (esp when I see his name or one of his posts), and send up a "HEY; and don't forget us down here, friend." They say that when we get to heaven that we will know and understand everything; and that theory is actually based on scripture too. So whenever I think of GARY, I send up a prayer for ANGIE and the family as well.

BARGOO -- sending up prayers for your eyes and you; hope they get to the bottom of the problem quickly ....

RONNI -- not sure your sister knows what she is in for if your mother moves closer to her. While it will give you a reprieve, she may have her hands full. Praying everything goes well in this situation.

We've had a lot of lately but our grass sure needed it becuz it was yellow underneath the hay part that was whizzed off with a weed-whacker. We are starting to see some green coming up now and the rain really helped that I'm sure. It's also a nice break from the hot and humid days that we have had in between. I'd much rather have the cooler, rainy days, as you can always put on a sweater or jacket or another blanket.

Have a great week everyone ...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Your right Rosebud so right. We are dry also but I got a feeling it is really fixing to rain for the ants and insects are running like crazy and that means rain close in the future. Our river is lower than a creek could call it a stream.
Rosebud I don't judge you....I think your awesome, always have!
Bargo and Ronni praying for both of you and your sister, Ronni.

Last edited by Bootsie; 07-12-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote