Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 10:27 AM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #96

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women who devote their lives to their families and still find time to create a healthier lifestyle for themselves. Feel free to join in as we discuss our weight loss journeys, our lives, and most of all the friendships we have made here. To catch up on all of us feel free to read SAHMs #95. Welcome
Old 10-29-2003, 10:34 AM   #2  
soontobethin

Spryng,
Hope you don't mind me using your opening. All of you write such great welcomes.
Thanks for the chicken recipie. It sounds wonderful. I think I will try it this weekend. DH and I need to eat alot better, but its hard to move to the healthier side. Especially for DH. He doesn't like it much when I replace things in the recipie for healthy stuff. Quote
"I can tell the difference. It doesn't taste the same at all!"
The trunk or treat was fun, but cold. We were suppossed to have 35-40 kids show up, but only 15 were there. I made mini chocolate chip cookies for it. I only did that because I know all the moms and kids, and we trust each other. And I didn't see the point in spending $5 on a bag of candy. We don't get many trick or treaters here, so it would've gone to waste any way. I hope you all have a good day.
Ricci
Old 10-29-2003, 12:08 PM   #3  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! Hey Ricci... dont tell him u are switching things to be more healthy... my dad sweras he can tell when my mom uses ground turkey in her meals instead of ground beef. I only use ground turkey and he never says a thing...lol Just remember to use a bit more spices and herbs. Maybe that will help. Have a wonderful day ladies!! talk to u later

Sandy
Old 10-29-2003, 12:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!!
Ricci feel free to use my opening anytime! lol. I used to copy Ginny and Jackie's all the time too when I would open a new thread. I'm glad yor trunk or treat turned out nicely even though it was small. That just meant more goodies for the kids that did show up!! And I agree with Sandy about not telling him you are using something healthier in a meal. I do it now all the time and I don't change when DH comes home and he never notices the difference and I don't tell so there is no discussion about it. But he really loves WW and me on it so I don't think he would mind even if he knew! He eats out constantly so when he comes home he's ready for a home cooked meal whether it's low fat or not.
Sandy, I hope you are having a good day too!
My day is going well. Great actually. I have some jumbo shrimp thawing out for my "oven fried shrimp" dinner. Can't wait to eat it!!! It's weird because now that I am on WW I look forward to every meal like it is a treat. Especially when it's a new recipe. Well, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:46 PM   #5  
I Can and I Will

Spryng.. yes i am having a wonderful day... thanks so much!! That shrimp dinner sounds wonderful... thats something i need to make more of... fish and seafood... i love it but dont ever cook it... i will have to find some recipes and go for it. Care to share yours for tonite with us Spryng?? It sounds sooo good. I like the idea of looking forward to new recipes as well. I will check back later... Already did my 2 mile watp video.. i really enjoy them. Take care of U

Sandy
Old 10-29-2003, 01:52 PM   #6  

Sure I would love to share this recipe!!

here it is:

Breaded Garlic Shrimp

4 oz shrimp
2 T wheat germ
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash dried parsley
salt n pepper to taste

Set oven to Broil
in a small bowl combine oil, wheat germ, and seasonings until mixture is evenly wet. Place mixture in ziplock bag, add shrimp and toss to coat. Broil until shrimp is done and coating is browned and crispy.

serves 1 @ 3 pts

So to make it for your family just adjust the recipe as needed. I bought some cocktail sauce and will have rice with this also. Enjoy!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #7  

Default I am still here!

I have been off line for a bit - 2 sick kids and me too. Not fun! I did manage to loose 2lbs last week - not too much but a start!
I bought myself a pilates mat and a resistance rope. Hopefully these will aid in my exercise.
I have been doing really good on not snacking - but boy is that hard! Bad habits are hard to break!
Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM   #8  

hi Laurie!! Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hopefully you are better now. Congrats on the 2 lbs gone!!! That is so great.
I guess it looks like I am on this computer constantly, lol. Well I keep checking to track my UPS delivery. I bought that feather bed and comforter last friday on QVC.com and it was shipped out yesterday so I keep checking to see where it is at and when I should get it. I can't wait until it's here. It's in Kansas already so I'm hoping I get it by friday!!!!
Well, the kids are down for a nap now so I guess I will surf the net for a little while. TTYL!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to hear you have been sick Laurie. I hope you and your chilren are doing better. Let us know how you like the pilates. My momma did them for a while and she decided it was just to much of a work out for her. I hope it suits you better.
Sandy WTG getting your walk in. Keep up the great work! Glad you are enjoying the workout.
RIcci, can sympathize with you and the Dh. Mine is the same way. It can make it very difficult to stay OP. He hates tofu which I love and isn't a big fan of anything that isn't pork or red meat. Sooo its a pretty difficult situation. Good luck and if you come up with any idea's let me know.
Spryng, I'm dying to know what answer you have gotten and what step you are planning on taking????? Its good to hear you had such a great nights sleep and are feeling well. I'm also curious about your feather bed. Is it like the oldtime beds the real feather beds? I didn't know they made them anymore. Wow I bet it will be like sleeping in a cloud. I'm SO allergic to birds tho Dh has a feather pillow my Mammaw got for him and he is very attached to it. Well we have to put it inside 3 pillow slips or I'll sneeze and wheeze all night!! Funny how that is, dogs cats and other pets never faze me. But birds... shew!
Ginny! How was your WI????
Ok I'll check back later my momma is suppose to call and I need to finish up this furniture I'm working on
Old 10-29-2003, 06:09 PM   #10  

good evening all!
Well the shrimp came out pretty good. They say it's "oven fried"... well, it's baked... and tastes baked but you know what? The kids are eating them up like no tomorrow! So I'm glad they liked them. I am full though. 4 oz doesn't seem like much shrimp but it really is. (I had 8oz, and I couldn't eat it all)
Misty, the feather bed is from the Northern Nights collection at QVC.com. They are very high quality and are hypercleaned so that those with allergies won't have a reaction to them. And it comes with a cover to protect the feather bed. I've never slept on one and I can't wait! I've been wanting one forever though. And at QVC you can get the bed, comforter and cover protector for great prices. So that is why I went that route instead of down to my local store.
Well I got some shocking news today. before my DH got his cell phone he had been using his mother's phone card to call me. We were told it was 4 cents a min and we would just pay her back when her bill came in. Well it came in today and you know what?? It was 833.00!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. turns out it wasn't 4 cents a min at all but far from it... try 1.25 a min plus lots of surcharges!!! So now we have to get that money to MIL and don't know how or when. I feel so bad that her bill was so high but I'm angry that she told us it was 4 cents a min when it wasn't. She's trying to work some kind of deal out with the company but who knows. So irritating. That was a very unexpected bill... I hate those.
Well anyway... got to get off here and start winding down for the evening. TTYL!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:12 PM   #11  

Oh I forgot to say to Misty that the feather bed is not like an old fashioned one. the one I ordered is from the silver down... which only come from the coldest regions of the world so that the feather are smaller, fluffier, and very very soft. You can get all kinds... goose down... duck down... just plain feathers, etc. But Silver Down is the softest and most durable and are crush proof. So that is why I chose that (as you can see I did a ton of research before I bought it, lol) Ok, gotta go. TTYL!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #12  

Oh I'm having the worst night tomorrow is my birthday and I'm having serious issues. Its the first year I've celebrated a birthday with out my mammaw. I've just cried and cried the past hour. Thankful everyone here has gone to bed. I know part of it is all these crazy hormones from pregnancy. But I really do miss her. She passed away last december. She'd always call early and sing happy birthday to me. Its funny how ya miss the little things. She was so dear to me. I just have to keep reminding myself she is in a better place and not suffering now. There is still a selfish part of me that wants her here tho.

Spryng, your bed sounds wonderful. I bet it will be very comfortable. We just purchased our first new bed and mattress a few weeks ago. We got a pillow top mattress. Its VERY comfortable. I really love and so does Dh. We have had a real problem finding fitted sheets for it tho. Anyow I'm so sorry about the incident with the phone card. Those are really a racket. We had one that promised 5 cents a min but in the fine print there were certian guidelines to qualify for that rate. Needless to say we ended up in the same boat as you with a 400$ bill. Now we use prepaid cards when we travel.
Well gals bachelor Bob is on. And I could use some distraction tonight. Hope you all sleep well!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:13 PM   #13  

Misty I am so sorry about your mammaw. But you never know... maybe your little guy will arrive tomorrow and make it a happy day for you!!! yeah I guess for a pillow top mattress you need deep pocket sheets huh? I like those too. our matresses are very old now... but they keep us off the floor so I'll keep them a while longer. lol. How did the Bachelor go?? I missed it. The O.C. started tonight again so I had to give up the bachelor. Who did he choose to go home?? Who do you think he will pick in the end??
Well my evening has went ok. I'm tired though. Guess I'll head to bed. TTYL!
Oh Ginny, how did your WI and meeting go? Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:56 AM   #14  

Good morning all!
A busy day planned for me. I'm getting this house ready for DH to be home tomorrow. I'm so excited to see him!!! So I'm catching up on some laundry and doing some general cleaning. But I wanted to check in real quick and see how everyone else is doing today. I hope we all have a great OP day!!! TTYL!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 AM   #15  

Well where is everyone?? My day is starting so slow. Believe me I'd be tickeled to share this birthday with our new baby. But I'm getting use to the idea of him staying in there until Thanksgiving. I really don't feel like there is any possibility of him coming anytime soon.
Last night on the Bachelor he let go the gal that lost her grandmother (I can't remember her name). He kept the cuban girl and the Kelly jo and another dark haired girl I can't remember her name either. But I'd say he'd do alright with any of the girls that are left. They all seemed really nice and had supportive families. It was actually a pretty boring episode. But it took my mind off things. I'm doing better today. Just getting along really slow. So I have no idea what I'll be doing today. Its funny kinda like the quiet before the storm... the kids are behaving extremly well and so is Dh. Our household is generally a train wreck in the am with everyone carring on. everyone is so still... hmmmm. I'm not sure if I should be happy of suspicious. No one has mentioned my birthday yet either. Well I need to get dressed and start moving. HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!
Closed Thread