South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Totally hot Tuesday Beach Chat 7/2

Good morning chicks seasoned and new

Thought I would start us off today on yet another glorious (yes extreme sarcasm) morning. My hair is resembling a Brillo pad with the humidity. Curly haired girls understand my gripe. Fortunately for work my hair is always in a bun, just hope my bangs behave lol

Very happy I figured out the pedometer feature on my watch. It's only been a couple of years trying lol

Nothing other than work this week. How was Canada Day? What's on the agenda for today? Am I the only one who cannot believe it is July already??? Need to pick string beans this week. I have a feeling they will be added in salads yum!!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Jennifer. It's only 59 here and going to 77 but, once again, it'll be sunny periods punctuated by t-storms. Such weird weather this year. My friend Art's lower corn field is so flooded that a pair of mallards are raising a family in it.

Canada Day was busy around here as usual. My cousins came down from the Island en masse and invaded me mid-afternoon. The leftover cookies from the exhibit opening are now gone. I really should not have cookies around here because I nibble on them so I was glad to see them disappear. They will be back today to pick up a battery they were recharging. (There is no electricity on the Island and they need it for the fridge.)

Today will be my usual Monday with a trip to the Bank with last week's money from the Mill and Cafe. I'm going to try to work in a trip to town to pick up a few odds and ends. It'll be a tight week as I'm going to Picton Wednesday afternoon to get lavender for wedding bouquets and won't be back until noon the next day. I'm staying overnight at a B&B on the lavender farm and will spend the rest of that day and Friday doing flowers. Fingers crossed for a no-rain Saturday! Hmmm - just realized I need to get the Fair schoolwork entries out of my car since I will also be hauling pots of lavender. I need a van!

On with the day - I know it's Tuesday but it feels Monday-ish!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning early chicks! Jekel, I understand the hair thing - I'm not really curly, but I look it on days like this!

Ruth - glad they took those cookies off your hands . I keep wanting to make more blueberry buckle for the neighbors, then wonder how much will wander into the wrong mouths? It's funny (and not) about your friend's corn field.

I was taking it easy on myself and not walking (again) today - it will be a long day, and even longer with last minute prep for camping. And then, I wake up early anyway! I recently discovered surfing blogs so I will take a breather and read some of my favorites this AM before it goes too crazy. That will be while the sausage is cooking for DH (I have overnight oats ), and the beans are soaking for bean salad.

Have a cool day. Didn't seem like we were just cursing the S word, waiting for it to warm up!?!?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Woo hoo! Just looked at the July calendar and realized my special visitor will be on her way exactly three weeks from now - God willin' and the crick don't rise!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We are hiking again today. I work this afternoon. I think I'll do a small grocery run in middle.

Our new laptop came yesterday and I spent the evening in frustration at Windows 8. Sigh.

Have a great day.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks to Jekel for starting us up this morning. (Is it bad to say that I am SO glad I don't have that work schedule?!)

Cloudy again here as well, seems the weatherman is recycling the same forecast over and over: "a mix of clouds, sun and t-storms". Ugh.

Today I am busy sitting on the couch recuperating. The doctor claims he was able to fix the cartilage yesterday and my knee should now get better. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that by end of summer I will be back to walking for exercise.

Ruth and Twynn, I totally agree about not keeping sweets around. When I get stuff for DS 1 & 2 I try to get things I don't like. But blueberry buckle sounds awesome. Karen, aren't those new computers frustrating! Funny how each one is a little different.

Here's wishing all the chicks on OP day!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-02-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Same old, same old but it's my last day of work this week Apparently there was a lot of flooding near my Mom's last night. I need to call ahead and make sure our campground is still operational because we have a cabin and I really don't want to be stuck in a tent anywhere this year. The ground is just too darned wet.

We picked up my new upright freezer last night. I am so excited. I've been using a small chest freezer and just hate trying to find things in there. We found a small upright freezer that is perfect for two people and fits in my kitchen. Can't wait to transfer everything and get rid of the old one, just in time for berry season.

Time to get moving on that checklist
Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick check in for me sounds like everyone is doing well, rainy start to the day here and is only supposed to reach 71 degrees today. Strange weather

Karen I bought DH a windows 8 laptop and it does take a bit getting used to. I am working on cleaning up pictures from old laptop to transfer for him to new and that is trying me 34K pictures

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I was already on the run this morning....mom fell in her house yesterday and I was going to head over for a quick check and rebandage before work. It could have been much worse so I am grateful for that....then the boss texted me at 555 to say I was supposed do open where was I.. (i always go in at 7 apparantly he forgot to tell me-but I didn't argue arg........) So I left my post unfinished.

I continue on a great OP streak and a belt is now required with work pants. Xan's link regarding sugars/white flours actually triggering overeating in the brain was such a powerful reminder of why I don't need to be eating that stuff.

We might go to Glenwood after work tomorrow. I just heard from my coworker and she will be back for shifts next week. I am glad.

Now I'm headed out to the porch for my afternoon coffee.

See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

late check-in here as I was running around with doctor's appointments all day (but totally on Ph1, even if a little late). We head out to drive the 8 hours to Myrtle Beach at 6p tommorow...going to be a long ride!

Debbie - I hope your mom is ok.
Closed Thread