Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #1  
on a journey

Default July Chat

Let's get together and talk here. Whatever you need to vent or say, don't worry, we are here for each other.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #2  
on a journey

How is everyone?

My weight is up to 250. I am expecting some money in a few weeks, I'd really like to buy a bike. I'd love to get out and do some riding.

I can't believe it is July already. I really can't.

I hope you all are well. I'm ok, I struggled some today but I made it through. The anxiety was kinda bad. I hate the physical symptoms, they are awful.

I feel better tonight. I hope you all do too. with much love.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ohio!

I can't believe it's already July! Thanks for starting a new thread

Sorry your weight is up and you're feeling anxious. What helps you out when you feel that way? My weight has been up recently too, and I came here today to talk about. Hope you feel better!

So, my diet needs some changing. While I've been sticking to the workouts for the last 2.5 weeks, my diet has been on the back burner. Not like I've been eating terribly, but I've been craving salt and binge eating after my workouts. I have a feeling I've been revving up my metabolism and not modifying my diet accordingly. I felt like absolute crud (thanks PMS!) the last few days, and I decided to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand.

Here's what I did:
1. Tuesday - being very bad/stress eating/trying to replenish my salt loss
2. Wednesday - trudged through 10 minutes on the elliptical, still ate poorly
3. Thursday - ran another 10 minutes, better than nothing right?

I want to focus on the positive, rather than the negative for the 3 days that my body was needing salt and higher calories. I realized that I need to eat more during the day, so that I'm not binge eating at night.

Here are some of the recipes I'm going to try over the next few weeks:
- Spinach-ricotta stuffed shells
- lemon-tofu stir fry
- Mexican lettuce wraps
- Cajun shrimp kabobs

I'll still keep up the workouts, but that's my goal for my long weekend: to change up my diet.

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
Let's get together and talk here. Whatever you need to vent or say, don't worry, we are here for each other.
Hello everyone,
These past 2 weeks haven't been good for me. I missed ALL OF MY EXERCISES LAST WEEK and this week I only worked out on monday
My eating hasn't been good either.

I've just been feeling extremley lazy these days,I think because of the heat.
But I won't give up
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #5  
on a journey

Hello everyone.

coffeeshopgirl, what makes me feel better when I get stressed over-the-edge are my deep breathing exercises, positive self-talk, and journaling. It doesn't go away but definitely helps take the edge off. I wished I was normal, I wished I wasn't sick. I want to be rid of this anxiety.

Tohisha. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. Don't be so hard on yourself, just get back on the ball. Wipe the slate clean, get back on the horse and go. You are wonderful just the way you are! You can do it. I know you can.

Today, I have to go work with a client I haven't worked with much and that always makes me anxious. I am doing it anyway, they are depending on me to take care of this individual.

My school starts in a few days and I will be pounded with schoolwork non-stop. Please, please everyone keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I want this so badly. I want a skill I can rely on. I really want my Graphic Arts degree.

I will check back in soon and see how everyone else is doing. Miss you all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 07-05-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ohiofreespirit & Tohisha77! How did your weekend go?

I thought I would stop by and say hello. I'm trying something new - a food journal. I already have a semi-exercise journal; it's more of a workout schedule posted right next to my elliptical. When I've completed a workout, I highlight the day in orange. It's a good visual for when I'm dreading my workout - seeing the amount of orange highlighted days motivates me to cross off yet another day. I'm almost at 1 solid month of workouts!

To build on this, I'm working in a food journal. I already plan my meals in advance, but it's still hard to stick to calories probably because I'm not holding myself accountable. So, I'm starting today, Monday, and logging my calories for the week. I'm tell you think because I will need some accountability by Wednesday, lol

Hope you're doing well!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/218/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone else feels like this?

I've been working on losing weight for almost 3 months now. I've lost 26 pounds, and I feel good about that, even though I still have a long way to go.

When I first started, I felt great, physically, mentally, everything. Now, though, everything just seems so hard. I'm hungry most of the time, but I don't really feel like eating anything, healthy or otherwise. I don't feel well most of the time, but according to the doctor, nothing's wrong with me that wasn't already wrong with me.

I would love to keep going, get healthier, and eventually get off some medications. I'm making good progress, so that's not the problem. I just feel like I'm losing my motivation and I don't know why.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Kelly R; 07-09-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Kelly R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I really need to get back on track with my diet and exercise, but my back has been killing me. I went to my back dr on monday and he's going to do a lumbar ICE procedure, this monday coming up. It sounds crazy. They stick a catheter in your back, like an epidural shot, and you get a pump, and it drips in meds for 3 days. O.O

I also saw a chiropractor for a consultation last night and she did a physical and took xrays. I go back tonight to see if she can do anything for me. I really hope she can, b/c I need to be able to exercise.

In other news, I'm stressed at work, but that's nothing new. There's so much to do this month. Also, I'm taking over my husband's job at the bakery in August, b/c he's going back to school. So that's even more stress. I hope I can handle it all.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #9  
on a journey

Hello ladies, you all are doing so great. I am so proud of you. You have a lot more motivation than I do right now. I haven't even been exercising at all. I have been totally dropping the ball.

Coffeeshopgirl, you are doing so well. I wish I had half of your strength and perserverence. I have just been so lazy lately. My weight is up. I want to get a bicycle so I can start riding around town but I need about $100 to get one.

Kelly, I think you are frustrated because you feel like you have so far to go with your weight loss. Please don't give up, losing 26 pounds is fantastic. I'd give anything to lose 26 pounds. Just keep doing what you've been doing. DO NOT give up!!!!

Moreta, I am so sorry about your back. I hope the chiropractor brings you good news so that you do not have to have that procedure done. I know what it's like to feel anxiety every single day. I hope you are ok. I am going to worry about you now.

My college has started and my anxiety is high but I am doing my skills and deep breathing exercises to help keep it from overwhelming me.

I hope you all are ok. I will say prayers for all of us right now.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 07-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/218/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the encouragement, Ohio! It really helps!

I'm sorry school is stressing you out. What are you studying? I know for me, exercise is usually the first to go when I'm stressed out. All I want to do is sleep, and it's so hard to get the energy to do just the bare minimum to get through the day.

Moreta, I hope everything goes well with your procedure. It must be so hard to have so much on your plate and be in pain, too.

Sending good thoughts everyone's way! Hopefully, we'll all be here in a couple of weeks talking about how much better everything is now.
Kelly R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #11  

Good morning ,and thanks for the encouraging words.
sorry for the late reply but I've been lacking motivation.
My Dr just upped my zoloft to 75 mgs and I do feel a lot better. Today I'll do some TAEBO and some weight lifting.
I hope all is well with you guys
Old 07-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #12  
on a journey

Hello friends.

Everything here is pretty good. I am doing ok. School is going pretty well, I am enjoying it. I have a lot of homework but so far I am keeping up with it. I wish he would give us some grades back so I know if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

I still am enjoying myself though and am getting a lot of satisfaction when I finish an assignment.

We are having a heat wave here in Ohio. I am running the AC right now. The house feels really good. I have it set on 81.

I hope you all are doing well. Thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
Hello friends.

Everything here is pretty good. I am doing ok. School is going pretty well, I am enjoying it. I have a lot of homework but so far I am keeping up with it. I wish he would give us some grades back so I know if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

I still am enjoying myself though and am getting a lot of satisfaction when I finish an assignment.

We are having a heat wave here in Ohio. I am running the AC right now. The house feels really good. I have it set on 81.

I hope you all are doing well. Thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts.
Hey ohiofreespiritI'm glad to hear you're doing good.
I'm going through a heatwave too here in NEW YORK .
This whole week is going to be in the mid-90s I was suprised I was able to do CARDIO and toning yesterday but I'm glad I did
The humidity is the WORST though.I think it's actually worse that the heat,it can make me feel lazy at times.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #14  

Yesterday was a good day
I did 12 mins of TAE BO and since the Dr upped my zoloft dosage to 75 mg,I feel even better

Today I want/need to do abs,chest and back.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #15  
on a journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohisha77 View Post
Yesterday was a good day
I did 12 mins of TAE BO and since the Dr upped my zoloft dosage to 75 mg,I feel even better

Today I want/need to do abs,chest and back.
I am so glad you are doing so well. That is awesome.

I have turned in 2 assignments in school that I am unsure about. I hope I do ok on them???? I pray I don't fail them.

I have lost a pound. LOL

The heat index here has been in the 100s the past 4 days. It's been awful. Today is better, we got some rain that cooled it off finally.

My anxiety has been up but I am handling it. Everything will be ok somehow.