Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Default shocked with a surprise pregnancy.. any insight/advice/support with extra weight?

Dear everyone,

I recently restarted trying to lose weight again, after too long of having bad starts and not making myself a priority.
This time I felt like life had calmed down a little, and I have a huge support with DH.
However I got the shock of my life a few days ago when I discovered I'm pregnant. We have 2 kids and I didn't necessarily think we'd have more, but even if so, of course the obvious thought is that I would lose the weight first.
So this news has certainly taken me by surprise to say the least!
I'm now at my highest ever, and now pregnant and while I'm excited, to say that I'm petrified is putting it mildly. I don't want to gain weight - in fact I was so pumped to LOSE it.
Are there any good resources or support groups or anything for those in my situation?
Since having found out I've been SUPER healthy... there's nothing like this to hit you over the head to make it a priority. I want to stay that way the whole nine months and hopefully come out of it without more weight and healthy habits to keep the rest of my life.
I'm excited about the journey, but also scared witless.
Has anyone been in this situation and can give insight? Are there any good support threads anywhere for this?
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the pregnancy. Enjoy it and when the baby comes get right back on the weight loss wagon :-)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I loved the book "what to eat when you're expecting." Older book but very good info! Congratulations!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default congrats!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I don't know if there are any groups or threads about that, but all I can suggest is eating healthy like you've been doing. Also, you should still exercise. There are loads of pregnancy exercise vids on youtube and such. Not to lose weight, but just to stay active and stave off any unnecessary pregnancy weight that isn't absolutely for the baby's development and growth. Also, if you're as active as you can be throughout your pregnancy, it won't be such a transition after you have the baby.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Congratulations! You should talk with your ob/gyn. This happened to me. I lost weight while the baby grew, after she was born, I weighed less than before I got pregnant, about 20 lbs. I ate healthy and exercised lightly. If you are obese when you become pregnant, the current recommendation is to not gain any more weight during pregnancy. Most people seriously overestimate the amount of extra calories needed... It's really only about 300 extra per day. But talk to your doctor, and good luck!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We do have a group under Dieting With Obstacles. It's http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/. Check it out.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

thank you for all the congrats! I am happy, shocked and NERVOUS! Now I really don't want to mess up! Will still want to stick around these threads, at least to stay on track !!!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 277/156/140ish

Height: 5'5

Congrats!!

Just continue to eat healthy and your body will do what it needs to do. I got pregnant with my first when i was 265 lbs. I wound up gaining nothing at all with her, well 1 lb actually. I didnt diet, i just ate healthy and gave up all soda and chips. When i got pregnant with my 2nd i started at 272 lbs, i wound up gaining 8 lbs total. I weighed less with both the day i left the hospital than the day i got pregnant. Too bad i didnt keep up with the healthy eating habits afterwards
sweetpeas98 is offline   Reply With Quote