View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #6

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Sounds to me as though you tend to set your motivation to things external, as opposed to internal.

Losing weight for someone/something else is a moving target. You'll lose interest, or they will. Things change with jobs and plans that cause you to lose steam. At the end of the day, it's not as important to them (or the situation) as it is to YOU to lose weight.

I've lost weight for many reasons to over the years. 10 lbs to fit in a dress for a wedding, a few pounds for a guy that I wanted to impress, etc. But those things change situationally and they are NEVER enough for long term, life changing weight loss.

If you want to lose weight for YOU, then it's doable. Decide if you are comfortable enough where you are, not to want to deal with year or so of eating less than you want. You may be, and that is no one else's decision for you.

It's not a crime to be heavier than a weight chart says. For the most part, it's just a personal decision. You may legitimately like and enjoy your life enough at this weight, not to have to deal with the uncomfort of changing it.

It doesn't count to WANT to WANT TO, you really have to have the desire and will and not just wish you had the desire and will.

IF you decide you really want to lose weight for yourself, then mentally prepare for a bit of uncomfort. Know your eating is going to be affected, and that even when you hit your target weight you STILL can't go back into your old eating habits. You don't lose weight mechanically. There will be stalls, plateaus, annoyances, etc.

For it to be a life changing experience, you have to change your life.

I don't mean that negatively at all, and I hope you make the best decision for you. Just get your feet under you and do what you really want to do!
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote