View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #7

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I want to clarify, because I wasn't clear headed when I made my last reply. I hadn't noticed your weight or your sample diet very closely.

If you were severely morbidly obese with additional weight-related conditions, such as someone who has more than 100 lbs to lose and may have other health issues and/or had weight loss surgery (for example someone like myself (I haven't had wls, but I do have 175 lbs to lose, with multiple weight-related health problems).

No matter what your size, you shouldn't be on a vlcd unless you have health issues that make the risks necessary (risks that a doctor has clearly explained to you), AND you're being closely monitored by your doctor AND your vlcd would need to be designed to be far more balanced and nutrient-dense than what you've described.

Someone with a lot of weight to lose and a compelling reason to be on a vlcd (such as to reduce the risk of wls or any other surgery, or to treat other health problems or as a post wls food-plan.

In your specific case, with only 9 lbs to lose - the risks would outweigh the benefits I would think. If you're not convinced, then see a doctor and ideally a dietician to make sure you have the supervision and a nutritionally appropriate plan.

In my case, when I was on a medically supervised plan, I was seeing my doctor once a week for several months until my doctor was convinced that my health wasn't being jeopardized, and then I could start seeing him twice a month, and eventually once a month (and this was back when I was young and in good health except for the 100 lbs of extra weight that I carried).

The medical supervision, a carefully designed food plan and the willingness to accept a certain amount of risk is essential.
My Etsy shop (currently closed for the summer)
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote