General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I should know better...

I don't drink to excess that offen, but it seems like lately I do at my once a month book club. Whenever I leave there, I have an overwhelming urge to text the last guy I dated - the one who broke it off with me, the one I'm not truly over.
It's stupid. I text him while I'm sort of drunk, I tell him I've been thinking about him. His favorite show TV show is a show my friend is a regular on. So he always texts me back that he watches that show and thinks of me...

But it's crap. He's not really thinking of me, he's just thinking its cool that he has a connection to his favorite show.

I should know better than to text him when I've been drinking.... Sigh

Tomorrow I'll be stronger.... I hope!
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Aw, it happens! I've been there a couple times! If you two don't really chat that often then maybe start thinking about deleting the number for preventative measures? Just a thought.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #3  

Oh amandine, I've gone through versions of that! I unfriended him on Facebook a few weeks ago, and I deleted all of our old texts. I still have him as a contact in my phone though... Was thinking that I'd want to know who it was if he ever tried to contact me... But so far it's only served as a way for me to contact him!

Either I need to move him into booty call land (and be truly ok with that ONLY), or I need to pretend he died. I don't think being friends is going to work....unless I stay drunk indefinitely

Thanks for responding
Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #4  
sugar is the devil

I think deleting the number would be your best bet. If his number isn't there, you won't be tempted to text him after a few glasses of wine.

I'm now curious as to which TV show your friend is on!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #5  

However, can I just say that my book club was awesome this month??

We read Joel Stein's "Man Made: In Which A Dad Learns To Be A Man For His Son", which is hilarious, but the author will actually Skype with your book club meeting!! So we spent about 45 mins skyping with him, asking him questions about his book. Very cool!!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I think deleting the number would be your best bet. If his number isn't there, you won't be tempted to text him after a few glasses of wine.

I'm now curious as to which TV show your friend is on!
You're right. It's his turn to respond, and I should probably just delete him from my phone completely.

I deserve better, I deserve better, I deserve better....

The funny thing is that I've never seen the show my friend is on - Mad Men. I think the char my friend plays is Ted.... He's a newer addition to the cast... I really should watch it one day.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I don't know how old you are but I was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE drunk dialer in college. I was that crazy desperate girl. I would even do the premeditated drunk dial, where I would go out and get drunk just so I could text some guy and tell him I was at a bar near his place. I cringe thinking about some this behavior. I would just hold my phone and be struggling to fight the urge to not text a guy.

Then for whatever reason I just out grew it. I'm not even tempted to do this anymore. I cannot even remember the last time I drunk dialed someone. It was probably 3-4 years ago. I guess I realized that it just doesn't work and creates more of what you don't want.

Last edited by Scarlett; 06-28-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #8  

Oh, I so get this! I've been there before and I'm grateful I do not have this particular challenge right now.

You can do better. For a boyfriend, and for a booty call.

I vote for deleting his number. If you really needed it, you could look it up in the detail of your cell-phone bill.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

It's like that country song by Lady Antebellum (I think that might be spelled right). "It's a quarter after 1, I'm a little drunk and I need you now."
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete View Post
You're right. It's his turn to respond, and I should probably just delete him from my phone completely.

I deserve better, I deserve better, I deserve better....

The funny thing is that I've never seen the show my friend is on - Mad Men. I think the char my friend plays is Ted.... He's a newer addition to the cast... I really should watch it one day.
You'll probably feel a sense of lightness that you didn't even realize when you delete his contact entry from your phone. Delete it!

I think that is SO COOL that you got to skype with the author! I would love to be a part of cool things like that. I need new friends, no one around here does anything cool LOL.

Mad Men = awesome. Ted = awesome character. Tell your friend he is a great addition to the cast and him and Peggy had amazing chemistry!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote