General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default Can't go on this way...

Well...this is a plea. I know what I need to do. I try. I stray. I don't excersise. It's a catch 22. I feel like crap with no energy...so don't FEEL like walking. KNOW I should do it...don't. I did medifast...went from 258 to 181. Wow...was I happy! I quit Medifast (too expensive long term)...now I weighed in at 250 again this morning! I really am disgusted with myself. I feel ugly. I'm tired. Tired of the roller coaster ride. Tired of people looking down on me...treating me different. I cannot believe the difference in the way people treated me when I was getting thinner! I have to ambition. No drive. It's like I don't care...BUT I DO CARE! I hate my body. I don't want to play my piano anymore in front of people...I don't want to go out in public. I don't want to do anything that involves people (even my NEW husband) seeing me. I hate it when he touches me, cuz, I know, he is disgusted too. His ex was skinny. I feel like a cow and hate it when he might feel my fat.

I need menu's. I think if I could have ready made healthy menu's and what time to eat the food....I might make it. I need help! I know I have to help myself, but, my denial is stopping me dead in my tracks.

Please don't tell me I need to eat smaller meals more often. I need someone to flat give me a menu. Daily with times to eat. I can follow that. Can you help me??????
busdriverjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

If you really think that having a strict eating guide/menu plan would be beneficial I would look into getting some nutrition counseling or going to see a dietician. They're professionals who can do an in-depth evaluation for you and set a plan that has your unique body and goals in mind.

That's probably not the answer that you want to hear, but I would hesitate to spend a lot of time and energy tailoring a menu for a brand new member with one forum post, who I know virtually nothing about. A dietician will be able to assess your needs and take into account all sorts of factors (eg exercise level, lifestyle, height, weight, health concerns, amount you want to lose, time frames, financial constraints, etc).

This is a good place for general advice though. If I were you I would do some research and experiment with calorie counting. Then I would try to make sure that each meal has a protein, fat, and carbohydrate component. Drink more water. Eliminate soda pop and fast foods. Cut out alcohol. Give yourself an exercise goal (even if it's a small one to start) and make it a priority.

All the best.

Last edited by Missy Krissy; 06-27-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

what kind of plans/diets to you do well on? what would fit your lifestyle? There are sooooo many plans out there so you can surely find something that will work for you, you might have to try a few to find the "right" one as they don't all work for everyone but once you find it you'll know So medifast worked right? so that is shakes? how about trying slimfast or something similar? much cheaper and there are lots of ways to build around it etc. You can calorie count, carb count, you can portion control or do something like intuitive eating, etc.. maybe hit your local bookstore and browse the diet section, read through the plans, see what catches your eye. I definitely understand your frustration and your desperation to do something and quick! There is a plan out there with your name on it, you just gotta find it
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think you have to figure out your own menu. You can definitely do so.

Here are some suggestions I'd like to offer and they are what work for me:

Your menu should avoid anything with refined sugar (in my opinion) and no caloric drinks. That means you drink only water or water with a bit of fresh lemon juice in it. You can also drink tea if it is sweetened with steevia.

For breakfast, I suggest a hard boiled egg. I usually have an egg white omelet (although I eat it later in the day because I do Intermittent Fasting and don't eat first thing in the morning. Anyway, the egg whites are mixed with veggies and topped off with salsa and that's under 100 calories (I calorie count). I try to eat protein in the morning because it helps me with cravings later in the day.

For lunch, I have Fitness Bread slice with some laughing cow cheese. This healthy bread is 125 calories and the cheese is 35 calories. I then have a cup of celery with 5 or 6 tablespoons of PB2. You could have celery with guacamole (take 1/2 an avocado, mix in some lemon or lime juice, salt and you can add cilantro and fresh pressed garlic). That will give you some healthy fats and loads of nutrition.

For snack, have an apple or mango or pear or a cup of watermelon with some string cheese.

For dinner, have salmon with steamed cauliflower or broccoli and if you're still hungry, have a baked yam.

As far as working out, I would suggest you don't make it optional. I just make it a requirement. Put your clothes out for the workout the night before and then just do it. Get a pedometer (I just got Nike Fuel band as a gift, but it's pricey at $150) and try to beat your daily activity every chance you get.

Weight loss is all about consistency. Take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself! Self loathing doesn't usually lead to great results and it's really not necessary. You know you're capable of losing weight. Medifast is very challenging and you were able to stick to it. I think calorie counting is a lot easier and I like it because it teaches me life time skills.

As far as gaining back...I've done that as well. I have never been able to keep my weight off for any extended period of time, but I'm trying to make this time different. I'm coming here daily for support/info and I hope you will too.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote