Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone else the same?

I find myself wanting support, but by people who are in the same situation I am in.
My family is very supportive and they ask how I'm doing and offer advice, but I often hate talking to them about it. I hate when they ask if I've made any progress, what I'm eating, or if I've lost any weight.
I don't know if I hate potentially disappointing them or if the constant hassle/ pressure is getting to me. Also, I think the green jealous monster show's up at some point.

Does anyone feel like this sometimes?
katevangogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #2  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

You will find lots of support here, from people just like you! I have really supportive friends and family who are all very well meaning, but what works for them healthwise doesn't work for me, so it can be frustrating talking to them about it (or rather listening to them, I rarely bring it up).

I come here daily and have found some really awesome people who get me and my issues.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

You've certainly come to the right place here... we're all in the same boat and ready to help each other out
francesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I feel lucky that my friends, for the most part, don't inquire too much about my weight loss efforts. They know I'm losing weight, and know that there are some things I avoid because of it (I'm not ready for a full out party...I don't know if I can control the eating/drinking just yet, so not going to push it).

My family, on the other hand, have no qualms about asking me the details. I know they are concerned for both mine and my fiance's health, but the questions can be tiresome and intrusive. I know my future sister-in-law is looking for some advice, which I'm all too happy to share, but the "you should try this diet, it seems to work" and "oh, are you allowed to eat that on your diet?" are the questions that seem to scratch the surface of my annoyance levels.

That's why I was soooo happy to find this site! I feel like any time I need to, I can vent, I can get a hug when I need the support, and I can look at all the success stories for motivation. When people say it's best to have a good support system when losing weight, it really is true! And this is the best support system I've found so far
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I agree this is the right place for support and understanding. I have solved the problem of unwanted suggestions and comments by NEVER telling anyone I am on a diet. OH, eventually someone will notice I have lost weight and make a comment. I make my replies as offhand as possible. I might say of someone asks if I have lost weight. OH, yeah , a little and change the subject.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I totally understand where you're coming from. While my whole family always had weight issues to varying degrees, I always felt that I would end up disappointing them at some point (talk about setting yourself up for failure). I know that their questions were out of concern. But coming here has been much more supportive in so many ways. No matter how much someone loves you and wants the best for you, unless you've gone through the challenges of needing to lose weight and the effort involved in doing so, it's hard to relate in a positive manner.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote