South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default MUGGY Monday Mutterings - June 24

And away we go with the last week of June. School ends around here this week and the kids are just itching for summer. They go back after Labour Day. I can't believe the month will be over and I don't have a finished veggie garden since it's pure mud out there.

We are in for a week of t-storms and sweltering temperatures but my house stays fairly cool. I do have AC but try not to use it all the time - not much point when I leave the deck door open for the dogs most of the day. Wee Houdini is staying close to home so either the fence is OK or he finds digging too hot!

A have a week with no appointments except one meeting on Thursday but that doesn't mean I'll be sitting around eating bon-bons and reading People! There's way too much accounting desk-work to tackle and I hope to get odds and sods cleared up around the house. I have a very important visitor arriving later in July.

Hope your Monday is "cool" in every way.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I should change today's title to Muggy Monday since it's already hot and sticky this morning. Yuck.

Our weather for the week is going to be very similar to yours, Ruth, and I hope I can come up with fun things to keep the girls occupied. It's way too early in the season to hear the dreaded words "I'm bored, Linda. What can we do?"
Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good idea, Cottage. I just changed it!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You ain't kiddin' it's muggy out there! It said 96% humidity before I went on my run, and it didn't feel *too* bad when I stepped out the door. Needless to say, I am dripping now!

I'm making lunch for the girls at work tomorrow (they opted for pulled pork), so after work today consists of shopping for everything. I'm considering making sweet potato salad too, which is DEEEElicious! We'll see what strikes my fancy.

I picked my first bunch of broccoli ever last night .
Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for taking my suggestion, Ruthie! It's going to be a steamy week.

Tammy, fresh broccoli from your garden already? I planted it once, but it turned out so buggy that I vowed never again. Make sure you rinse it well in salty water first! I have several recipes for sweet potato salad but haven't made it yet. I wish I could taste yours first before making it.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh it has been muggy here too!

I work again this afternoon. No workout this morning; our trainer had to reschedule to later in the week. I have a couple of errands to run. Not much else happening.

Have a great day.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Muggy here as well. Looks like a couple of days of hot, humid and potential t-storms in store for me.

First day of true vacation for me. Love it! Going to spend this week puttering in the garden and catching up on housecleaning. Got some weeds to pull and some perennials to rearrange. Knee surgery on tap next Monday and I'm not sure how long I'll be incapacitated.

Making a resolution to stay OP this summer. Last year I got a little sidetracked and the scale showed it.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #8  

Mmmm, cottage....mine has probably a bit too much maple syrup to make it SBD compliant. And pecans too. I'll send you a taste!

I meant to say....camping was fantastic! It didn't even rain a drop, which is completely against tradition. Then, I accidently got to the wedding early (the time wasn't on our invitations...that's how casual it was...) so they put me to work in the kitchen . The bride's processional was "white wedding" (yes, by billy idol) as she wore sky high platform heals in a deep red/orange color. Needless to say, it was quite interesting!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ah, days like these I enjoy being in the mountains. It's always cool and crisp in the morning even if it warms up later in the day. Last night it rained and when I went outside it smelled like a smoldering campfire. I'm thinking it means that the fire which is 30 miles SE must have gotten dampened a bit.

Beth, happy vacation!

I'm OP and off to work.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is also hot and muggy here as well and we have been hit with rain every day, Saturday's ball game was quite a rainy day but at least it didn't start raining til after the swim meet.

My kids have been out of school since Mid May so a month of vacation is already gone for them but they go back Early August so really only about 6 weeks of vacation left.

Today is a meeting kinda of day and I have to go to different locations as well for them.

Hope everyone stays cool.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #11  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hello! It seems to be hot and muggy everywhere, even in Canada (which is always my imaginary summer refuge). Or almost everywhere, seeing that Debbie is happy in the mountains.

I'm back again. I had four weeks of small, annoying illnesses (sinus infection, kidney infection, knee problems, etc etc) and one week on Phase 6, which really wasn't any more fun than the various ailments.

I really think I can look forward to a peaceful summer. Definitely no 60-80 hour weeks, and I have no excuses. I will have time to shop and cook. I will have time for vegetables.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ugh, 90+ degree days are not something we are good at in Vermont. I've got a 4pm database call (bet you are jealous) then we are off for a swim in the river.

I'm considering this pumpkin chocolate pie, crustless. I have to figure out how many SBD servings one cup of dark chocolate chips is.

Xan, always nice to see you around these parts

Okay, back to work for me.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #13  

Oh Linda, what a great idea you had! I made shrimp and avocado salad tonight, and only squeezed fresh lime with salt and pepper. It was delicious!!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I don't know what this fuss is about. It's 70 and no
Humidity here...no wait I am delusional from the sweltering heat wearing "my costume." I am amazed I did not spontaneously combust. Lol there is always tomorrow. Standing in the vestibule on my commute home. Cannot wait to jump in a cool shower. Stayed OP let's see how the night goes
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Was camping all weekend, so this is the first chance I got to check in. Hope everybody had a good weekend!!!
Closed Thread