Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #1  
on a journey

Default June chat

Hello ladies. How is everyone?

I can't believe it is June already. It is time to chat so bring your thought and vents here.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #2  
on a journey

Well, I hurt my right hip the other day and it was really paining me so I made a Dr's appt. She sent me for an x-ray and they called me a couple of days later.

They preceded to tell me a really really long word, actually it was about 4 words to tell me what I had wrong with my hip. Finally, he said, you are bone on bone in that hip. sigh I am scheduled to see a orthopedist in early July.

I am going to go back to walking at the gym, even though they called off physical therapy for me. I will just take pain meds before I walk.

What is going on with everyone else?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for starting the June Chat ohiofreespirit! I can't believe it's June already

Sorry to hear about your hip. Sounds like your cartilage is gone, since you're now bone-on-bone. I would recommend swimming - my mom has a similar issue with her knees, and swimming is great cardio, low-impact. Just a thought. Glad to hear that you're still motivated to exercise!

So, I've done 3 workouts this weekend, and today we cleaned the entire apartment. In other words, I smell like cleaner, lol. I'm a bit achy in my muscles, but I'm devising a plan to get back on track.

I'm so all or none that it bugs me at times. It's like I either work out, eat healthy, and lower my stress level, or be lazy, eat like sH$t, and embrace my stress. Anyone else go through the same thing?
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Thank you for starting this thread ohiofreespirit!

Ohiofreespirit,

Thank you for starting the thread this month! I hope that you can get some treatment for your hip. I have issues with thinning cartilage in my knee, and it can be painful at times. Good luck with everything.

Hi Coffeeshopgirl,

Yay for you on working out!! That rocks, way to go! I hear ya on being all or nothing with the eating, exercising and stress management. At times my life is severely up or down, with a lot of fluctuations and not as much balance as I would like. I have never coped well with stress, I hear ya on that definitely.

I am doing pretty well tonight. I am sunburnt! I was at my friend's pool with her and some of her family and I applied sunblock but it obviously didn't do much good. I had a lot of fun though and I enjoyed showing one of the little girls how to swim, that was really cool.

Today was a good day overall. I got to speak with a close family member and we had a good chat. I will be seeing him soon when I visit my family in a few weeks. It is hard to believe that it's June already, crazy!

Last night, I was really annoyed that Vonage, my phone company called me around 12:30 am, past midnight!!! At first I actually did not recognize the phone number so I called the police because I was a bit scared, Vonage called me twice and it was almost 1 am. I called Vonage and they couldn't trace the call as to who called, so ridiculous! So, I got very angry with them and I am seriously considering switching to a different landline phone provider, I do not get very good phone service here with them. When I did call Vonage back to explain my frustrations, the individual said that only sales representatives would be calling me, no one from any other department would be calling. They should know better than to call at almost 1 am. A few days ago, a tech support person from their company said I have a "intermittent internet connection" and my internet is through Comcast. I spent over an hour explaining this to Comcast which wasn't that effective, it is complicated, I have a lot of devices hooked up to what I call a "loop" where there are numerous wires and devices involved. The Comcast tech thinks that my network device "loop" is affecting my connection with Vonage and I may as well switch back to Comcast or some other carrier, sigh.

Well, I am going to go rub my aloe vera gel on my sunburn and get ready for bed. I am tired. I think I will go to church tomorrow. I haven't been for quite some time and I miss it. After that I will do laundry.

Take care everyone!

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I fell off the grid for a while. I've been doing an intensive out patient program and it takes a lot out of me. My last day is Monday, so back to the real world after that. My meds seem to have stabilized so I'm feeling ok. I found a new therapist, and I see her on Thursday. I hope it goes well. I'm going to tell her up front that I'm not into the whole spirituality thing and that I'm an atheist. I found on her FB page a bunch of things about how through God everything is possible, and I'm seriously not down with that. I kinda wish I would've seen that first before making the appointment. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

I also signed up for the ASPF Out of Darkness suicide prevention walk. It's in October and it's 3 miles long. So I gotta start training now, so hopefully I'll be able to do 3 miles by then.

Hope everyone had a good Saturday. I was stuck doing work. I did run to the thrift store though and got 3 pairs of pants and 5 shirts for $25. So I think I did pretty good.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #6  

Hi Moreta - Good to see you again Glad to hear that your meds have been stabilizing and that you're almost finished with the out patient program. Hopefully with your new therapist, God/spirituality is her driving force, and not something that she pushes into her patients. I agree with you, if you're not getting a good vibe after the first session, then look for someone who's a better fit. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Seabiscuit - How spooky getting that phone call at 1am! Hopefully Vonage will fix it, but yeah I would def be looking into other carriers. Sorry you're sunburned, but glad to hear that you got out to the pool and got to hang out with friends and family. Hope you have a good Sunday!

As for me, I'm just waiting for the husband to wake up and then hopefully we will go for a bike ride. Right now I need some coffee and breakfast, so off I go.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #7  
on a journey

Hello everyone. I'm sitting here with the breeze coming in on my face. It's so nice. What a nice day it has been.

I've been practicing my crochet. Jennifer wants a beret. I have no clue how to make a beret, even with the directions. lol I have been practicing half-double crochet, which the directions for the beret call for. I am getting pretty good at. Now I need to learn how to work in the round. ack

I am kinda bored right now. I need to find something else to do.

I have been worrying about what the Dr is going to say about my hip. I know there is no use in worrying but I can't help it. I tend to be a worrier.

I hope you all have a great Sunday evening.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Default Hi

Hi Moreta,

It's great to see you again! I hope you are feeling better. Regarding the therapist, I would be completely up front with her and honest as to how you feel, maybe even in the beginning. That way, you can voice how you feel and then sense whether or not she is going to work for you as a therapist or not. Good luck with that. It's great that your medicines are becoming stabilized.

Hi Coffeeshopgirl,

Thanks, yes, it was bizarre getting that phone call so early! I am definitely considering switching landline phone carriers.

Did you have a nice bike ride? I like to bike also, I have to get a cap for my bike's tire.

Take care.

As for me, I am doing so-so. Today I didn't feel very well because of my sunburn. I finally ate some food and slept a lot which allowed me to feel better. I still feel fatigued and I have to do laundry, sigh. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow. I am also irritated, I was going to do grocery shopping from home, where they would deliver and I had so much difficulty with this supermarket's website, so frustrating. I have been more angry lately, I don't know why. I wonder if it is partially due to my Topamax being reduced somewhat??

Take care everyone.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #9  

hi ohio - My mom does crochet, and she's made a bunch of blankets and slippers for us throughout the years. I'm sure the beret will come together. What color are you making it? Also, i would certainly be worried (conscious) of the issue with your hip; after all, it's your body. And I know what you mean about the boredom - I've been feeling similar as of late.

seabiscuit - Sorry to hear that you're feeling angry. You have really good coping mechanisms though, so I wish you all the best in working through it. Also, sounds like you had quite the sunburn - glad to hear you're eating and sleeping a bit more comfortably now.

Unfortunately, no bike ride today either. Too much cleaning (although still calorie burning, lol) and the weather just wasn't in our favor. We did take a motorcycle ride to see the new Star Trek movie, which was really good in my opinion.

For this upcoming week, I'm going to try two things: (1) work out 30 minutes every day Mon-Fri and (2) do one chore each day after work. Hopefully, this will give me something to do in the evenings rather than binge eat and free up our weekends for bike rides and picnics. I made it 3 days (of the 4 day week)
last week of working out, so I'm hoping that I can make it through a 5 day week.

Wish me luck!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #10  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi coffeeshopgirl,

How are you? I hope that you are having a good day.

I am angry and frustrated. I got my most recent blood work results and my hemoglobin dropped significantly, I am iron deficient anemic, and I don't know why! I am angry at life, also frustrated that my iron levels are lower than they were a month ago, and I am so ticked off right now!! I am also angry with my hematologist whose office didn't call me to let me know about the blood test results!! Wow, I am really annoyed. I am going to call a doctor in the city tomorrow to see if I can go to a better doctor, not one who shows me videos of his kids!

I am really upset, I just want to scream.

Sorry I am in such a pissed off mood.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Hi coffeeshopgirl,

How are you? I hope that you are having a good day.

I am angry and frustrated. I got my most recent blood work results and my hemoglobin dropped significantly, I am iron deficient anemic, and I don't know why! I am angry at life, also frustrated that my iron levels are lower than they were a month ago, and I am so ticked off right now!! I am also angry with my hematologist whose office didn't call me to let me know about the blood test results!! Wow, I am really annoyed. I am going to call a doctor in the city tomorrow to see if I can go to a better doctor, not one who shows me videos of his kids!

I am really upset, I just want to scream.

Sorry I am in such a pissed off mood.
Hey Seabiscuit i am sorry that you received disappointing news and that you're feeling so annoyed. I hope it doesn't disturb your sleep tonight, and that you can contact a doctor you feel confident with!

Coffeeshopgirl - congrats on cleaning the whole apartment ( a few days ago) and I like your resolve to try to do a chore each evening. That would be very sensible! Oh and for the 30 minutes of exercise per day. Hey have I asked what kind of motorcycle you guys have? I really liked the last new Star Trek movie.

Moreta - hi!! it is good to hear from you. I sure hope that the therapist can keep her strong religious thoughts separate from work. Really good that it seems your meds have stabilized.

ohio - thank you for starting the June thread So very sorry to hear of your hip diagnosis I hope you're not in too much pain.
I have all confidence that you can turn out a kewl beret for your daughter My husband does the website for an online yarn outlet, I wish I liked knitting or crocheting because I would SCORE with all kinds of stuff. Wish I could give you some!
Hey I am still looking for some white jeans to be like you

Well I don't want to rub it in but I am feeling so good, but I always do at this time of year. It is beautiful outside, I take such good care of our lawn and flowers and it shows and i take pride in that I love riding to the summer job on the motorcycle so much. I love doing laundry and hanging it outside! Just everything is better.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #12  
Pretty in pink

S/C/G: 274/262/240 for now

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone, I have about 5 minutes until my Seroquel turns me into a zombie! I had a bad binge today but I'm trying not to beat myself up too badly. Tomorrow is another day, right ?
PudgyFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #13  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Default Hi there

Hi,

I am sorry that I was in such a negative mood the other day.

Holly- Thank you for your support! I did make an appointment with a different hematologist for another opinion and I see him soon.

How have you been doing?

PudgyFlamingo- I know the feeling about Seroquel. I used to take it and when I did, I felt exhausted at times from it. How are things with you?

Things are a bit better tonight. I went to my local tennis court and hit a few tennis balls, which felt great, it got out some pent up frustration! I've had some good conversations with family and friends, which has been good for the most part. I did have one experience with a family member which has been upsetting but I am hoping that will be resolved soon.

Tonight, I called a prospective employer and I had a good conversation with the manager there. I am planning to stop into their workplace on Friday and I will out an application then!

Have a good night everyone.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #14  
Pretty in pink

S/C/G: 274/262/240 for now

Height: 5'2

Seabiscuit - hitting balls is great! Brfore I gained weight I also thought kickboxing would be good for anger. I am also looking for a job and it's really incredibly frustrating. Keep on trying though, and you will find something!

I am feeling down tonight. Today I had the pins removed from my hand and found out that the surgery didn't work out so well. Turns out it was a really complex break to fix, especially the fracture in the joint of my pinkie. I have absolutely NO range of movement in my pinkie at all. I cant make a fist without the pinkie sticking straight out. I have to learn to use the hand again, but the pinkie is useless and I keep dropping things because I am used to being able to grip with it. Now I have to decide between learning to live with relatively no motion in my pinkie or having a second surgery that might not make anything any better. I am terrified of surgery and so I am leaning toward the first option, but on the other hand I am 30 and I'm going to be stuck with a less functional hand for awhile. *sigh* i'm stressed and depressed and all I want is comfort food.
PudgyFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I've been hurting a lot the past couple days. I saw my back dr and he changed my muscle relaxer Zanaflex, but wouldn't change anything else, and now i don't see him for 2 months. I am so pissed. The muscle relaxer is working, but now I can feel all my other pain. He was going to up my gabapentin, but he only wanted to do one thing at a time. I hate drs sometimes.

I saw my new therapist on Thursday, and I think we got along well. The session was an hour and a half long. I didn't know I had that much to talk about, and I only got about 80% done. I see her again next thurs.

My mood has been ok. My husband is going to a comic book convention tomorrow and I'm bummed that I'm not going, but my back can't handle walking around that much and standing in lines.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote