View Poll Results: Whats the biggest age difference older or younger you would consider dating?
1 - 3years 1 4.35%
4- 6years 10 43.48%
7 -9 years 5 21.74%
10 - 15 years 4 17.39%
16 + years 0 0%
Other please explain ;D 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 02:25 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking

oooooh gosh yes im pulling an all nighter
my weekend of partying is rewarded with a sh1tload of work so its 2:30 now and im prolly going to stay up till 5 go to bed and get up at 7 THE HORROR
but i had fun ;D Kirsty ya woulda been proud!
anyway girls back to the grind ( oh if only it was with eric neis lol)
ps the poll Q is from an experience i had over the weekend that i will explain layta
Old 04-30-2001, 04:26 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default morning girls

wow, what a weekend! my works do on friday night was very very drunken. don't you hate it when they top up your glass all night so you don't have a clue how much you drank?! it started about 7pm, and i didn't get home till 4am....during which time i have little recollection of what i did/said to anyone! eeek. will no doubt find out from my co-workers today if i did anything really bad/embarassing. but it took me forever to recover on saturday. sounds like you've been burning the candle at both ends kierie! good girl!
and this week is not shaping up well! tomorrow there are going to be may day riots in london. it is apparently going to be based on the monopoly boards and oxford circus is going to be targeted. which is just near where i work. so there is talk of letting us leave work about 2pm tomorrow. hooray!! i just hope i don't get caught up in any of the demonstrations, it was pretty violent last year. and then there is going to be another tube strike from 8pm wed till fri morning. and some of the trains are going on strike too, so both mainline and underground trains will be out....
roll on friday when i'm off to paris for a long weekend!
hope everyone had a good weekend and that your week goes better than mine is set to!

kirsty

ps what are points?!
Old 04-30-2001, 04:35 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default HAPPY MONDAY!!!

Does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself? This is a funny Monday, I have SO MUCH to do and I'm still trying to get myself organised workwise - haven't done a thing on my thesis since I got back from Spain and now I'm starting to get a teeny little panicky feeling about it. I have just tidied and dusted my study (and it's only 9.30am!) - idea is that if I create an organised work environment, the organised vibes will somehow filter through ... Feng Shui anyone?!

Had a great weekend although by the time we got back last night we were both ready to drop and gave in to the evil chinese takeaway temptation. So much driving! And poor blokey had to do all of it because I don't have insurance. But Friday night was ace - the hotel was fab, though I didn't get to try the pool (we got there too late). I think he liked his birthday! And the conference on Saturday was fun, I met lots of cool people (always nervous about going to these things on my own). Then Saturday night we stayed with blokey's best chum from College who lives up that way - and that's a whole strory in itself! Briefly, he had been really out of touch and everyone wondered why, then about 6 months ago he wrote and said he'd been living with a bloke for the last year and he didn't want to tell anyone because he thought they'd react badly (of course noone did, but I guess it must be a scary thing to have to do). So this was like the first time we'd seen him since, and the first time we'd met his man. Blokey called him a prat for even thinking it would be a problem and then we had the best time. They live in York which is a gorgeous city I didn't know at all ... it has nearly 400 restaurants. I say no more.

Anyway, better go and start organising ... what's the betting I'll be back erally soon?

hugs,
Lolly
xxx

ps:- we watched Kirsty's tv appearance on Friday, and blokey's friends had seen it too. Cue 10 minutes of us all trying (in vain) to get our fists in our mouths. Kirsty, you truly have a gift. Be sure to use it wisely, my child ...
Old 04-30-2001, 08:28 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Default Drumrolll Please!!!!!

Yes oh baby yes, I AM AT GOAL!!!! Actually I am below goal!!! Isn't this great!!!!! I am trying on size 7s and having them be too big in the hips!!!! I can't believe this, so I am kind of over the moon today.

Anyhoo, sorry I have been absent as of late. As for today's poll, my ideal man would be either at most 2 years younger and up to 4 years older, essentially between the ages of 21-27. That's just me though, I don't have a lot of relationship experience, so I would probably feel pretty okay dating a guy a few years younger, maybe even a 20 year old if he's mature enough. Yes I know age is just a number, but I personally don't want to date a 32 year old who's thinking about a family in the next couple of years, though I have seen many 9 years diff marriages that are happy, so I am not against the age diff thing in general, but just for me.

Also, to Suzanne, Belle, Lisa and to others with horror stories about ugly poopyheads making nasty comments, I feel for you. The best revenge though is to be as nice as possible and to realize that these people have problems to sort out of their own and to maybe pity them for being so shallow. I remember 2 weeks after joing WW, I was taking Luke for a walk (my parent's doggie) and a girl yelled a nasty comment at me from her car...... I was over the moon since I had just lost 8lbs in 2 weeks, but then she crushed it down.... Oh well, she'd have zero idea who I am now anyway hehehehehehehe. Also a guy at the gym kept staring at me I think trying to figure out who I was, I was a girl who he repeatetly called "Big Al" through high school and there I was a much more petite and prettier size 10 (at that point it was about 2 months ago). Yup "Big Al" was the awful nick I received in hs.... God I hated it so much. I NEVER answered to it though drove some immature guys who were in the grade above me who were in my math class nuts (It didn't help that I had the highest average in the class either). Look at me now, I am a smart, pretty woman (though I do have some pretty pics when I was big a well) with a good head on her shoulders and maybe I should thank these guys because they made me stronger. Luckily by the time I was 16 I finally connected that they put me down because they had low self-esteem....

Oh I am moving today (sort of, I am going to Ottawa staying at a friend's and moving in tomorrow)! LOLA, if you have any suggestions where to get some low-fat yummy stuff or other hints for places to buy low-point foods feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. I live pretty much downtown (don't want to reveal exactly where on the open forum), but off of Bank north of the Queensway.

Jules: I hope you're doing okay, glad to see ya back!

Lolly: Good Luck with your thesis.

Kierie: giving ya thinking about Eric Nies vibes your way (Ben Affleck is in Montreal right now..... yummy).

Kirsty: yeah we told my brother not to go back to the UK on May Day, so now he can help me move since he's going back on the weekend.

See Y'All

Ali
Old 04-30-2001, 08:36 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

KO and Kirsty... sounds like you ladies had fun weekends! Makes Monday's all the more depressing, doesn't it?

Kirsty - You can fit your fist in your mouth??? I CAN TOO!!!! My friends make me do it all the time - it's funny. I just have a small hand, that's all. My friend Ben jokes because he can't put his first in my mouth, but we've tried putting my fist in his mouth and it worked

Lolly, I bet it sucks to be back from a nice get away. Maybe you can close your eyes and pretend you're still there.

Okay - well... I must admit, my weekend was just depessing I went out Friday with friends and was paid no attention buy the guys. Not that that's unusual.. but it just sucks when at one point all your friends are dancing with guys and I'm sitting there by myself looking like a loser. And I wasn't drinking. Which I'm happy about. But still... it just sucked!!

Saturday was nice though. My friend had a cookout for her 25th birthday. All they had were hotdog and hamburgers, so I went and bought chicken - so YEAH ME. Also, they had potato salad, baked beans, chips, dips, etc etc... and I just had a grilled chicken sandwhich and fruit. I was so proud. I didn't even ahve birthday cake.

BUT Sunday was just awful. I weigh in today and I just am scared. I went to brunch with a friend who was in from out of town. I planned on having a big brunch and figured I'd eat about 15 points. Well, I ended up with 18 - but I wasn't too upset. I had 9 left for dinner - no prob right?

Well, my boss got us the private box at the Red Sox game for yesterday afternoon. I was determined to do well. The box is catered with ball park foods like hotdogs, sandwhiches, cookies, brownies... and a fruit and cheese tray. Well, I sat there and ate grapes the whole time to keep me from eating the other stuff. I was so proud. I didn't eat any of that junk UNTIL!!! In the 6th inning the attendant brought in pizza. I figured, I've done well... it's getting close to dinner. I will have a slice for dinner. Well, that slice turned into 3!!!!

I ended up with 39 points for the day! I seriously considered throwing it up (I've never done that - honest, but I've thought about it a few times.) I didn't want to waste a week of good work on one lapse. But when I got home, I took off for the gym right away and did the EFX for 70 minutes and the bike for 30. The machines said I burned 940 on the EFX and 215 on the bike. I sure hope that that helped a little. I am just so scared to weigh in/ Well, WI's in 3 1/2 hours... so I'll let you know!

Brenda - Yeah for the Avs!!!! I'll be watching tonight!

Lisa
Old 04-30-2001, 08:41 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

ALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COngratulations being at goal!!! That must feel amazing. Well, you've worked so hard and now you can be our maintenence guru!!!!!

Again - Congratulations - you should be SO PROUD!

Lisa
Old 04-30-2001, 08:43 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Lolly: York ROCKS!!!! I LOVE YORK!!! It's my favorite place in the UK!!! People are often sensitive about revealing stuff like that though, but I should tell ya a story. My younger brother is openly gay and lives with his partner of 3 years (they've been living together for a year). My parent's are pretty open about it (exept to my VERY catholic relatives who probably wouldn't take it well). OTOH I am moving to Ottawa and will be living with a guy (as roomates no less, it's completely platonic) and she's being SOOOO hush hush about it like "Ali is moving in with her friend" or "her roomate" being as gender neutral as possible. She's fine with it and everything, but she says she's not sure how other people will react to it. It's weird, even some of my friends are hesitant about the situation, but the ironic thing is I could be moving in with a stranger female instead and I am sure everyone would be fine with it. I have known my roomate for about 8 years so I trust him and he's a nice guy.

Anyhoo, I have a zillion and one things to do today. I may respond tonight from my friend's place, he has a cable modem (most of my friend's in Ottawa are male)... take care!

Ali
Old 04-30-2001, 08:47 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Default GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Ali - that is so fantastic! Big congrats to you!! We knew you could do it! Now you've just got to maintain! Do let me know how it goes. I lost every week on WW when I was losing and the first week after I got to goal I put on a pound!! hee hee. I also found it hard to get my mind to be happy at staying the same weight and to not keep trying to lose more. Good luck with the move.

Lisa - the weird thing is I actually have pretty big hands and a small mouth....
Good luck with WI, I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit ignored by blokes. It's always worth remembering to go out and have a good time and enjoy yourself whatever happens with guys. The more you look like you are having a good time the more they'll want to be part of it. But I must say I'm v glad you didn't throw up after the food! I know I've considered it, esp when you feel all full and bloated as well as guilty! But I hate being sick and I know it is a v bad thing to do and can lead to all sorts of problems (not least your teeth falling out thanks to all the stomach acids!). Def better to accept what's happened and try not to do it again!

Lolly - hope you are working hard today!! I've just had a lazy lunch and now I really must do some work since we're leaving early tomorrow (yippee!) thanks to the May Day rioters.

Anyone else suffer from UDIs? Unidentified Drinking Injuries!? I always get bruises after a night on the piss. BF got a really big one on his thigh, he thinks he must have walked into the edge of a table on Friday night, but neither of us can remember (and the majority of the tables were round). Ho hum. Perhaps now I've conquered WW I should think about the AA!

Kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 04-30-2001 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2001, 08:48 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Lisa: 39 points definately isn't the end of the world, take a deep breath, drink lots of water and start fresh today!!! and don't worry about the guys, the best thing you can do is when you're friends are around is to look like you're having the best time in the world, guys notice that kind of thing, be the confident beautiful woman that you are

Thank you so much for the congrats

Kirsty: Thanks as well!! Yes, I like eating more though, I am now eating at 27 points and it will probably be increased to 29, I could get used to this

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 04-30-2001 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:13 AM   #10  

Default FABULOUS!

Ali, CONGRATULATIONS! You have done a fabulous job and I am so excited that you made goal. WOOHOO!!! I love your signature too I know that you feel great, way to go!

Kristy - Friday was a very wild night. Did you hear any storeis about what you did when you came to work this mrning?

Lisa - Sorry that you had a depressing weekend. I htink that it sounds like you did quite well overall. I wouldn't worry too much about last night especially since you exercised so much afterwards. Good luck at WI.

Lolly - Glad you had such a nice weekend. Good luck getting re-started on your thesis. I can' t get to work on my school work either, it just never goes away.

Kierie - I hope you are feeling ok today. Sounds like a wild time.

I had a great weekend. I rented Bounce on Friday night with the girls and made pizza at home (under points plus exercise). I went to WI on Sat am and lost again, -2.4lb., YIPEE I was so excited. This is the first time I have lost 2 weeks in a row this year and I am only 1 pound away from virgin fat territory. I ran lots of errnads on Sat and it felt wonderful. I spent a gift certifiacte at Old Navy and bought a few more things. Everything fit in a size 12 and I was so excited. Sometimes I have trouble with that, the only thing I bought in a 14 were some jean shorts so that was ok.

Went out for evil Mexican food on SAt eve and pigged out on chips. It was worth every point, esp since I didn't go over for the day I had saved points all day and exercised and mowed the yard (DH was away). Yesterday was a little quiet, bought fabric for curtains for the bedroom and painted some doors and made 0 pt veggie soup. I am feeling quite energized so far this morning except for the prospect of school work. I am llucky that I have time to do it on slow days at work though.

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend. Hi to Trish, Belle, Shaylene, Suzanne, Brenda, Stacey, slinko, Jen, and Tonya. See you in a bit.

Sarah
194.4/160.4!!!/153WW
Old 04-30-2001, 09:15 AM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all.

Weigh in went well and I was down a pound. Yah for me.

Ali: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so great. YOu know, when I was a sr in college I lived with a guy roommate. Totally just friends. My folks were a little strange about it as well. I did not even think about it. Oh well, dif. generations.

Kirsty: Weekend sounds fun. You know, I have not had a night like that since I was married. I need to get out more. Be careful today. Oh, what are May day riots? does so fringe communist group hold them?

Lolly: sounds like you had a great time. I love chineese take-out. What a great treat once and a while.

Lisa: Don't worry about weigh in. You can make up for that one slip and weigh in great next week. Overall, it does not hurt things. Plus, DON"T PURGE! I did that off and on for many years since hs. It is a very bad plan! Very many bad sideeffects. Happy to say I have not done that for about 3 years. It really was WW and mostly my hubby that got me over that BAD PLAN!

KO: hope the all nighter went well. I am way too old for that any more.

Ok, must get back to work.

Hello everyone else.

Trish
Old 04-30-2001, 09:20 AM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Sarah - sounds like you had a good weekend and did extremely well good luck on the weight loss.

Ali, Kirsty, Trish and Sarah - thanks for the kind words. No worries... I'd never actually throw up. I'm 25 and I've never done it... I can't see myself ever actually doing that. But I had to admit I was thinking how much easier that would be than going to the gym or something.

Kirsty... DO I EVER know about UDI's!!! I get them all the time. Sometimes it's bruises. Sometimes I'm really sore and have no idea why. Stuff like that. Usually my friends just fill me in. I find I'm usually sore because the more I drink the more I think my dancing should involve dancing low to the ground and working out those thigh muscles!

Well, I'll fill you in on the damage after i WI.

Lisa
Old 04-30-2001, 09:49 AM   #13  
Parrothead

Default I love Outlet Malls!

Is anyone else in LOVE with outlet malls? I went to the largest one in TX yesterday and had a blast. I ended up with 7 tank top-ish shirts (halters etc.), 2 pairs of shorts, a sundress, a pair of chinos, and 2 button up shirts for DH all for under $200!!!! I was so excited. Now all I need for the cruise are some strapy sandles and another swimsuit. The stores we shopped at were Old Navy, Banana Republic, the Gap, and J. Crew. I wonder how many activity points I earned trying on clothes??

As far as WW goes, I've been good at exercising this week, but the food this weekend wasn't too great. So far I'm over by 17 points for the week! To top that off my TOM is around the corner and my scale says I've put on 3 pounds since Wednesday. I was so hoping to hit goal this week, now I'll be happy if I don't gain!

Ali ~ Whooo Hoooo! that is so great that you are at goal! Send some of that dust my way.

Sarah and Trish ~ Good job on the losses! It seems like the group is right on track again after the gains at Easter. Good going!

Lisa ~ Don't worry about one day up. Look at me, I'm up 17 for the week. I think the exercise you did way makes up for it. Even though the machine says you burned x amount of calories, your body continues to burn after you stopped. I think you'll do fine! I also get tempted to purge but I quit doing that in HS, so I don't want to get into the habit again. My work has scheduled a day at the ball park for tuesday, but since I am so up, I am going to pass. Its all about beer and ballpark food so I have to stay away.

Kirsty ~ I have had many accidents while drinking. One time I hit the back of my arm on a toilet paper dispenser while squatting and it looked like someone had hit me with a baseball bat. It was aweful. I also fell during my bachelorette party and ended up with a huge scar on my knee. I think people at work were worried about me for a while, but now they know what a klutz I am.

Lolly ~ I am a huge fan of Chinese food. Luckily DH and I got a Wok and an authentic cookbook so we can make food that tastes just like takeout except without all of the oil. Friday we made Moo Goo Gai Pan and it came out to 5 points a cup. I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Well I am off! I'll check in later.
Hi to all who are out there!

Kay
Old 04-30-2001, 09:50 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone!

Well, work is back to normal, and so should my posting!

Trish ~ Way to go on the loss!!

Sarah ~ Your girl's night out sounds like fun, way to go on your loss too!!

Ali ~ I am so excited that you reached goal, I cannot believe how much weight you have lost, incredible!! A big "hi-five" to you, what an accomplishment! I think it is great that your roommate is male, personally, I think it is easier to live with men than women.

Kirsty ~ You crack me up!! You sound like you had a great weekend, but we have word problems again, "piss", pretty much only means "urine" where I come from....or that you are angry....

Lisa ~ Don't worry about the pizza, you did fabulous this weekend, and worked out at the gym, I am sure nothing will show on the scale, don't be too hard on yourself!!!

Lolly ~ Your weekend sounded wonderful! Get organized!!!

Kierie ~ I remember all nighters, could never do it at my age anymore though!! (I turn the big "30" in July....)

Well, I haven't been good at journalling for the last few weeks, and the scales have remained the same, but I know I am only living on borrowed time, so I am kicking it into gear today, and journalling again, I still want to lose the last 3-4 pounds of what I gained back from my all-time low.

I had a great weekend (food wise did horribly...but time to move on...) DH, the kids and I planted flowers and I bought a couple hanging basket flowers for my porch on Sat., the weather here has been wonderful, sunny and 80 all weekend...

We had our perk test done on our land on Friday, and it passed just fine. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is a water dissapation test, if water stays stagnant in a hole that is dug, that you have to pay more money for a special septic system, when you build a new house. Anyway, it is all fine, so the last step is going to the bank, so we need to fill out that long, application, but we have been pre-approved, so I am not worried about not getting financing.

I am leaving for San Diego, CA on Friday morning. My little brother and his wife have been living out there for 3 years, and have decided to move back to Wis., so my mom and I are flying out, helping them pack, and driving the U-Haul back while they drive one of their cars. So Ma and I are stopping in Las Vegas on Friday night, to see the sights and maybe drop a few coins into the slots, then driving to Colorado to visit some relatives, and then onward home on Monday afternoon. It is going to be a tiring trip, but fun. DH is staying with the kids the whole time, this will be the longest that I have left them, I know I will miss them!

Well, I better get back to work!! I hope everyone has a great day, a big "Hello" to you all that haven't posted yet, or are just reading the posts!!

Check in later!
Old 04-30-2001, 10:08 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm sitting in my hellacious newswriting class and doing more makeup work cough cough
this girl in class is such a suckup i think she'd stick to walls
anyway the girl reporter in me is wondering about the mayday riots whats the back story Kirsty?
Annnyway the poll Q was inspired by 2 guys I had gotten chatted up by on Saturday night one was 20 and the other was 19/20 both very cute and charming granted it coullda been the drinkies one of which was called eesh smurfc*m my head stillll hurts lol
anyway lades back to work
Kierie
Closed Thread