Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default Phasing out

I'm down 29 pounds!!! 7 more pounds until I reach my healthy bmi, and then I'm thinking of phasing out of Medifast. I still have about 10 pounds to go after that but I feel like I can do that on my own. I'm really not losing weight quickly...I was, but now that i'm closer to goal I'm only losing 1-1.5 pounds/week, which I think is pretty typical for any diet... I'm making healthier choices, I know what I need to do to keep it off, I have a good workout routine that I can up once I'm off... Mostly, Medifast seriously messes with my digestive system, and I'm ready to be done with that. I can't get rid of it. I have the worst, foulest smelling gas, I get bad stomach cramps and bloating, and I'm getting diarrhea constantly...sorry, tmi, but none of that is typical for me. I love the program, I actually love the food, and the weightloss, but I can't take the digestive crap anymore. I'm taking my probiotics...i'm staying away from soups as much as I can, as that's a big trigger, but there really is nothing I've tried that works. So, 7 more pounds I think!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4"

I completely understand about the GI symptoms, I had them badly at first and I have sort of adjusted but I do notice the same as what you're talking about the INSTANT I eat any of the MF foods. I love the food too, but like you, it's not typical for me to feel that way.

Best of luck through your journey and you should know you're one of the people on here that has inspired me to tough it out the past few weeks on Medifast!
citygirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #3  

Thanks Citygirl, that means a lot!

Interesting story...turns out, I have a hypersensitivity to tums. Yes, certain medifast foods affect me badly...but my problem fell with the tums I took whenever I had indigestion, which is often. The tums gave me BAD diarrhea, not the food. I've been laying off them, and my problems have all but disappeared, even the ones that were the reason I started the tums in the first place. I guess the probiotics are finally doing their job. I wasn't taking enough tums to overdose, in my opinion, but I've never been a tums popper, one or two here or there and I was taking about 10 a day recently...(but the daily dosage is 14 so...) I still get gassy sometimes, and cream soups still don't agree with me, but I can lay off them no problem. Anyway it makes me happy, my need to quit medifast has gone with the symptoms. And I officially hit 30 pounds. I'm not in as big of a hurry to get off it anymore!!

Yesterday I had the most amazing strawberry rhubarb mousse, totally on plan. Amazing!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #4  
Medifast 6/18/13

S/C/G: 255.6/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Interesting, I am at the end of my first week and I have had terrible diarrhea and gas the past two days, coincidentally when I tried the Chicken and wild rice soup !
becksdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #5  

chicken and wild rice soup does me in, it's a shame because it's so good!