Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday, October 28th Daily Chat

Good Morning

Just sitting here drinking my coffee eating my tky sausage waiting for my boss to return growl lololol.

Whats shakin on this glorious Tuesday ?
Old 10-28-2003, 10:13 AM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Drank my coffee already and I am on my first 32 oz bottle of water for today!

I had my first migraine yesterday! I thought I was losing the sight in my eye and ended up in the Eye doctor's office!! I still have the headache that goes with it all.. but I was never so scared! So I am drinking a little extra water today just to see if I was dehydrated. It could be stress and it could be my insulin resistance too so I am keeping tabs on it all!

Needless to say, I didnt exercise yesterday. I will be doing my treadmill today though!

Got a Daisy meeting today as well so I am going to be busy again! I really cant wait for this month to end!! I am SOO busy until Halloween is over!

Hey, anyone with kids, what are the costumes you/your kids are dressing up as? My DS is going to be a Macaw! DD is going to be Cinderella. I found DS's costume at Costco and DD's costume is being made by my mother.

Of course, this year I am not dressing up as I havent even had time to think about it!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #3  
Head Princess

Ah! I'm a dork! I forgot we changed to daily chats. So I posted my little bit on yesterday's thread. Silly me!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:35 AM   #4  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Star - you can't be a geek AND a dork!!

My dd isn't really dressing up as anything, but we did get her a cute halloween outfit which consists of bright orange sweats and a matching T-shirt with a pumpkin on it. We actually got her a matching earwarmer headband, but she looks like John McEnroe when she has it on (She has curly hair) so we'll probably leave that off.

She's only 19 months old so she doesn't really care and has never had candy - so we aren't really taking her anywhere to "Trick or Treat" except for my work in the morning so I can show off my adorable daughter!!

We don't much go all out for Halloween anyhow - I wouldn't have dressed her up last year except my mom bought her this cute little doggie outfit that was really more for a boy and I didn't like it - but she dressed her up in it anyhow. And, it was cute on her.

Had to get McDonald's for breakfast but ordered scrambled eggs and a sausage patty - skipped the biscuit and hashbrowns.

My ear is somewhat better today. The weird plugging is gone, but the hearing is still "off." I'm going to wait it out and see what happens.

Good morning all - here's to a good OP day for all of us!!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:47 AM   #5  
Head Princess

But I AM a dork and a geek! Not very appropriate for a princess, either....

After last week's size 7 victory, I put them in the closet because while I could put them on without breaking my fingers or laying down to zip them up, they were still very tight. I put them on today and we've downsized from tight to a little snug in the waist. Yippee! I'm still very much in the 9/10 range, but it's nice to know I'm still losing. I love this eating style!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default HI THERE TO ALL GEEKS/DORKS/PRINCESSES AND LOSERS!

Just got reminded (by Karen's post) that I have NOT been chugging the (still full) water bottle on my desk! Shame on me!

Sorry to hear about the ear/eye/head ailments - hope everyone feels better soon! Jina...congrats on the great weight loss - awesome! and Star....just suck in a little more - we know you can do it! lol. Also a special welcome to Bandaid - hope you join in!

I am thinking of taking day off tomorrow to do those DARNED INVITATIONS as I cannot sleep at night due to the stress I am feeling.....have to get those out of the way!

My bloodwork is back from dr's visit: all seems good (sugar = 5.1, chol = 5, HDL is 1.16, LDL = 3.2 and triglycerides are 1.39 and total ratio is 4.3 which is within normal range). The bad news is a slightly elevated uric acid level (mine is 431 omul1/L and normal is between 130-340)...not sure what this means, but I have done some research and discovered I need to DRINK LOTS OF WATER (to flush out the uric acid and prevent it from crystallizing) or I may begin to suffer from gout. (Dr's instructions via secretary were to drink lots of water and watch my diet???)

Other research says elevated uric acid may be caused by many things including diabetes, insulin resistance, obesity or losing weight rapidly....so I'm not panicing yet. To reduce this one should cut down on meats, esp organ meats, shellfish and alcohol. Some info indicates that a low carb diet should be followed - how funny is that?

Hallowe''en costumes this year include: 5 yr old is deciding between a bat and tiger (we have costumes for both - tiger was last year's and may be tight with warm clothes underneath!), 12 yr old is some kind of a leprechaun? (green/black striped stockings, green skirt/sweater, and of course green glitter makeup), and 17 yr old says he will be walking down high school hallways dressed up as a (truck) transformer.....can't wait to see this!

I am still trying to hunt down some hallowe'en tatoos to wear on Friday (and pass out at work) and I do have a funny hallowe'en pair of glasses/nose w/warts/mustache, etc which I will sport at opportune moments.

So I'm off for lunch now: how about a liver and shrimp flambee with a bottle of wine to wash it down?...ha ha

Froufy

P.S. For all you geeks/geekettes who would like to share your excel spreadsheets complete with formulas with those of us who are "technologically challenged"...feel free to do so!

Last edited by Froufy; 10-28-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:46 PM   #7  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Well my spreadsheets are all password protected because if an administrator here ever saw how much I weigh....YIKES!

Halloween - we like to call it "Costume Day"!
Since dh and I both teach Bible class, he is going as Jonah AFTER the whale spit him up....seaweed and wooden fish hanging all over him AND worse yet is tuna juice which he plans to cover his hair with for "the aroma" of being inside the fish for 3 days praying!

I am going as Queen Esther - and if I may say so myself, my purple velvet gown that I made is just beautiful! My dd found these jewels on a piece of ribbon (like they use on trading spaces to decorate the bottom fringe of a lamshade)...and they look just gorgeous on the bottom of my crown haning on my forehead.

My 7 yr old is going as a black lab puppy...she picked out all the fur fabric and I am still vacuuming it up off my dinning room floor!

The 18 month old is going as a ballerina with her pink tutu and feathery cap. She LOVES to dressup in her sisters old ballet show costumes so even though I had made the first dd a Hershey Kiss costume for this age....it is definitely the second ones personality to be the little ballerina!

Praying for strength this week to AVOID THE CANDY!!!!! I am actually very nervous about this upcoming weekend.... I just have to remind myself - I've tasted it all before - there is no new candy which I must try.....
Old 10-28-2003, 03:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Hello all I just got back from the gym Im on my 4th 32oz bottle of water lol.

I also went to the doctor about my neck problems . I broke my neck on July 02 2002 and have been getting better but some of my muscles in my neck are still weak and causing certain muscles to work harder than they should causing pain and tension headaches.

So I have to start physical therapy again but better than surgery.I had a dream last night of eating bread it was so real I woke up feeling guilty lol.I have not had bread since March.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:32 PM   #9  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Good grief!! I'm on my FIRST 32 oz. bottle. Of course, I still have two more to go... but still. Y'all are like fish!!

I did have 16 oz decaf coffee - which I count since it's decaf it's still hydrating my body.

I've decided that I do miss pizza... don't miss much else, but I do miss pizza. Of course, I decided that as my dh ate pizza in front of me for dinner last night after he got home from school.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #10  
Head Princess

With the low carb movement right now, you probably won't be missing pizza much longer. I know they have low carb versions now, but I have yet to find low carb pizza that tastes right. I'm keeping the faith though! Pizza...... Oh! And pasta that doesn't have the texture of dried worms!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Quote:
Originally posted by StorybookMama
Good grief!! I'm on my FIRST 32 oz. bottle. Of course, I still have two more to go... but still. Y'all are like fish!!

I did have 16 oz decaf coffee - which I count since it's decaf it's still hydrating my body.

I've decided that I do miss pizza... don't miss much else, but I do miss pizza. Of course, I decided that as my dh ate pizza in front of me for dinner last night after he got home from school.
Lol I figured the more I drink the more I go to the bathroom with all those trips to the bathrroom I must add an exrtra 1/2 mile of walking a day hehe.I have a water cooler right near me and a huge 32oz cup and if its in front of me I'll just keep drinking lol.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #12  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default The Water Cooler

Ahhh - I used to have a water cooler at work when I worked in Downtown Seattle. I loved it - and drank more fluids when I had it.

Where I work now, we have the nastiest tap water and I have to cart my water in from home where it is filtered and/or bottled and tastes better. Yes, I am a water snob - but my tastebuds are WAY sensitive to additives and chemicals.

I have pleaded with them to let me have a water cooler but they just won't. *Sigh* What good is working in the Legal department if I can't break the rules.

So, maybe when we find a house, I'll be more willing to pay for water delivery!! And, find a way to have a water cooler on my desk!!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:54 PM   #13  

Hi everyone.
This is the first year DD isn't going trick-or-treating. It's wonderful in 2 ways. First I don't have to take her out in the cold and probably wet to bring home tons of MY favorite stuff. Second, she's decided she wants to dress up and hand out candy. I bought halloween candy last Friday and it's up in the cupboard. I can hide away in my office or bedroom on Halloween and I won't even have to look at the stuff. Also, she picked out the type of candy to give out and while I wouldn't mind eating about 700 of the lovely little candy bars, they aren't my favorite.

Did anyone else see the scathing article on MSN about "low-carb diets?" I read enough to get P.O.'d and then quit. Apparently it was written by Weight Watchers folks (surprise, surprise) and appeared to be chock full of misinformation. It gave the impression that vegetables were not encouraged or even allowed. It also stated that the reason people were losing weight was solely because when they cut carbs they cut calories as well. I don't know about you guys, but I've been on "diets" where I've consumed between 1000 and 1500 calories a day and managed to lose maybe 4 pounds in a month if I could even keep motivated to stay on it losing at such a slow pace. These days I eat between 1800 and 2400 calories and have lost 23 pounds since August 27th. HELLO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

O.K. That's enough. Everyone have a great day!

Jen
Old 10-28-2003, 05:34 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Thumbs up

I'm glad I didn't see that article! My petunia's all irked just thinking about it! I'm amazed at the amount of misinformation about low carb lifestyles and atkins in particular. I'm sure I sound like a preacher when I'm talking to people about my WOE but it's just so dang exciting to me and I want people to know what this is REALLY all about!

So get your rumor stomping boots on and spread the word!!! (could be good exercise too )
Old 10-28-2003, 07:50 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, no trick-or-treating here. My husband and I are both too old to go, I guess. I do have a fun Old Navy Halloween shirt I'll be wearing, though, and some very cool orange Halloween socks. And, we're carving pumpkins! I love holidays, and I always have to participate in all the traditions!

Today went pretty well. I had to travel for work, and we ended up eating at an interesting place -- I'm not sure what to call it. By the name, I thought it was Italian, but they had wraps, salads, and stir frys. Even after eating there, I'm still not sure what it was. I ordered a romaine lettuce salad with grilled chicken breast (so I thought...). Well, it ended up being a romaine lettuce salad with some form of spicy chicken salad on top. I think it was mainly chicken, mayonaise and spices, so I *think* it was OK, but it still made me nervous. Plus, I found some little, squishy, sweet things mixed in. I'm still not sure what they were... I accidentally ate a few, and I'm stil not sure... maybe chopped grapes??? What a confusing lunch!!

Supper was much better, though. I actually knew what I was eating. Broiled fish, scallops and shrimp -- yummy!

This article would have irked me, too! It seems like everyone is against Atkins these days. I'm like Jen.... I've been on low-fat, low-calorie diets before, and I've starved and barely lost a pound! Now, thanks to Atkins, I'm always full, I feel better, my Chrons' disease is under control, and I've lost 11.5 pounds in three weeks. Show me another WOE that can do that!! Argh!! What is it with these people???

Hope everyone had a great day!!

Take care,
Jina
Closed Thread