Old 06-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 5 (June 17/13 - June 23/13)

Week 4 is complete. Here's to a new week!

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 1.9 lbs or 0.09% . A lot of freebies and some members forgot to weigh in. It wasn't pretty, but that is the roller coaster ride called life.

Our Biggest Loser:
SuperHeroTeacher (- 4.2 lbs, 1.85%)
(It would have been AlyssaMcN, but she didn't participate in the Chat thread this week)

Honourable Mentions:
Novus (-2.8 lbs, 1.53%)

Dahlia55 (-1.0 lbs, 0.65%)

Rated (-1.0 lbs, 0.57%)

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Keep up the great work!

Let's refocus and attack week 5 with gusto GO RED
Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great job, superheroteacher, Novus, dahlia, and rated!

I'm up again this week (of course) , but I exercised every day. Someday my whoosh will come.

Here's to a good week!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Great job, superheroteacher, Novus, dahlia, and rated!

I'm up again this week (of course) , but I exercised every day. Someday my whoosh will come.

Here's to a good week!
Thanks Riddy! 2 weeks ago I posted a loss of 0.2 pounds the entire week, and I'd been working out every. single. day. I was really disheartened and took a day off from working out, and WHOOSH - dropped almost 3 pounds over night. And it stuck, plus took another pound with it the next day when I resumed workouts. Maybe your body is ready for a break day...
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #4  

Good morning team,
Okay, let's get back to the basics.

Are you drinking enough water?
Are you making good food choices? Think before eating. Is this the best thing I could be fueling my body with?
Are you moving your body? Walking, stretching running, yoga, lifting weights-anything?

Let's recommit to our lifestyle changes and lets get helthier!
Have a great Monday!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #5  
MF 3/31/13

Getting back to the basics:

Are you drinking enough water? More than enough! At least 80 oz a day.
Are you making good food choices? I have been 100% on plan since Saturday after partaking in a few vodka tonics on Friday.
Are you moving your body? Yes, trying to fit a Walk at Home workout or pool workout daily.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #6  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I've been avoiding 3FC because of that scarey malware warning. I'm so happy to be able to get here safely again.

Well, Team Red, it looks like we need to kick it into overdrive this week! Does everyone have a plan for getting back on track? I know it's a rough time of year, with lots of grad parties and weddings and barbecues and suchlike, but WE CAN DO THIS!

I need to start planning/logging my food again. I've been very lax about that. It hasn't affected my weight loss, but I know I'm not eating as healthily as I should be. And I didn't exercise AT ALL last week. I took a not-needed break after the Color Run and I have to get back on track.

Have a happy week everybodee! Go Team Red!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Sorry I missed weigh in ladies- every time I went to the site it said that it could harm my computer, but today it's fine... Weird
Anywho-
Mel you're so spot on about thinking before you eat. I really try to do that too and think of my food as fuel for my body.
And the water is a big one too! We need roughly half our body weight in water in oz everyday so let's drink up!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

SuperHeroTeacher you are doing awesome! It seems you are super consistent!

I haven't been tracking my food these last two weeks and I can tell I am starting to slip back into old habits. Two more days till summer when I can fully concentrate on me. For all the celebrations the next few days I am just going to try to not make things worse.

Last edited by Rated; 06-18-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #9  
MF 3/31/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
SuperHeroTeacher you are doing awesome! It seems you are super consistent!

I haven't been tracking my food these last two weeks and I can tell I am starting to slip back into old habits. Two more days till summer when I can fully concentrate on me. For all the celebrations the next few days I am just going to try to not make things worse.
Thanks Rated! I try to be consistent, but some days are harder than others! I haven't tracked in almost a week. I'm still on plan, and haven't slipped up - I just felt like I needed a break from food logging. I'm going to get back to it tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #10  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I'm frustrated with my scheduling right now. Between my very fast paced summer class and DD's track, I'm finding it hard to fit in working out. I get that diet is the bigger part of weight loss, but I also have my calories based on burning a lot of calories swimming and running. With those activities cut way back, I should have been cutting calories a lot more. Whoops!

I'm really missing swimming, but with the indoor pool hours, it's out until mid-July, when my class is over. My runs are all shorter than I'd like because this humidity is killing me. It's so hard to breathe! I'm trying a different approach of sticking with shorter, faster distances and gradually upping the distance while maintaining the faster pace. We'll see how that works out for me. I've got 7.5 weeks until marathon training starts.

On Sat, at my DD's track meet, she talked me into doing the parent event. It was the 200 meter, so I figured why not. How hard could it be? The answer is very hard. Sprinting is a very different beast than distance running. Holy ouch! Last night, during her track practice, I did an easy mile and then ran stadiums. That was HARD! I'm happy to find that I'm much less sore than I expected to be this morning.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #11  

hi all-
sorry to be silent. Work is kicking my butt this week.
Have an all day board meeting that I'm prepping for.
Hope everyone is doing well- and getting back to the basics. It's been quiet on the chat boards due to all the 'mal-ware' warnings etc.
Seems like everything is back to normal now.
Have a rockin' Thursday and power into an awesome Friday!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Nike I totally agree about the diet being such a big part of the process when you're super busy. I also think that's when it's the hardest to stay on track too!
We are so busy with moving and getting ready to start a new job that it's crazy for us too. My hubby and I already have a moving plan for eating though. We'll get subway sandwhichs one day and chicken Phad Thai the next night. No pizza and soda here! I don't want to get derailed. Then we'll go grocery shopping the second morning we are moved in.
I am going to make it happen!

I have lost two pounds this week, but I always like to see it on the scale a couple days before I count it so it will be just in time for weigh in
Old 06-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #13  

We are dealing with flooding here in Calgary today. Board meeting was cancelled, all schools are closed. Surreal.

Bigmid (Jacky) the co-leader of the blue team And I both live in Calgary. Luckiy I don't live near the river and am dry & safe right now, hope Jacky can say the same.

Have a great Friday all!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #14  
MF 3/31/13

Stay safe Mel! Thinking about you
Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #15  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I completely lost my post the other night. Grrrr.

Drinking enough water? Yes! 2 years of Medifast has cemented that habit - I usually get at least 100 ounces a day.

Making good food choices? Mostly. I'm definitely sick of dieting, but my definition of cheating has changed, too. Nuts are my current weakness.

Moving my body? Oh yeah! Although I took a day off yesterday - just didn't have time. I was out of the house from 715am til after 10pm, then I had to make lunch for today when I got home.

I had a new best 5k time this week - 38:42! Yahoo! So I rewarded myself with new purple running sneakers that I don't need, and signed up for a 4 mile race on the 4th of July.

Stay dry, Mel!

Last edited by Riddy; 06-21-2013 at 10:45 PM.