Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #1  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat June 17-23

The Google Chrome Browser emphatically did NOT want me visiting 3FC yesterday or today, but I punched the button labeled "proceed at your own risk" and now I'm here, opening up a new chat thread on behalf of those who are more prudent in their risk management practices.

I laced up my sneakers & went out for a run this morning in a nearby park, rather than heading out to my usual Monday 6 AM spin class. I've been meaning to do this for weeks, but on the mornings when I felt ready, we usually had some kind of downpour happening. Here's to successfully challenging my routines this week in whatever small ways that I can manage.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #2  
Workin' It

Thanks for starting the thread, Saef! Chrome isn't letting me into 3FC either, I had to come in with another browser. Good job on the run this morning! Changing the routine is good.

I have to get back into my routine this week. I feel run down and terrible, and I feel like lack of exercise has to have something to do with that.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

WHEW I can get on here again!

Today I have my first dentist appointment in 5 years. Yep, 5 years. I lived in Japan for 3 and just never went there, then I came home and had no insurance/no drive to go. I'll be lucky if I don't have gum disease and need all my teeth extracted. -__-

I watched "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" right before bed, so I slept sort of funny.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

The malware has been defeated! I couldn't get on with either browser I use until now.

I had a quiet Monday. 3 of the dogs are away. I took the last walk of the day's pair to a different off leash and the poodle was SO happy with the change in routine (saef take note ). She sprinted through the grass and tried to steal toys from the dogs in the water. Usually, at the regular off leash, she's off in search of p**p to eat - I have the two of them again tomorrow (along with a lab going on a second walk) and I'm going to go there again. It's a bit far to drive but worth the effort to make the dogs so happy.

The beer and chips blowout from Saturday hasn't left yet but I'm confident it will be gone by tomorrow. I wore shorts at work for the first time this year. I think I can finally switch over to summer cooking too - many more salads (I have a new recipe book) and meat thrown on the grill. I can feel those 5 winter weight lbs. starting to leave already!

Good week all! Glad we can all chat again.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I could have bypassed on Chrome at work today but didn't want to risk it. Safari at home would not allow me to proceed.

I've been discussing wedding plans with DD. It seems that sooner rather than later is the choice--something around Christmas. But they're torn on location. Seattle (where his family is) and here. I don't relish planning a wedding and reception up there from down here. And I looked at wedding planners--does $2000 or more make it that much more worthwhile to use a planner? She doesn't want a church wedding, but if they have it there it'd be at his family's church. She really wants it outside and you just can't do that in Seattle at that time of year. Really, you can't plan a lot outside in Seattle regardless of the time of year! Yikes! And to top it off, she'll be in grad school AND trying to plan this at the same time!

DS gets to have a colonoscopy tomorrow. His last meal was lunch and the procedure isn't until 3 PM. He's already hungry!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Your son is having a colonoscopy Allison?

I don't relish the idea of wedding planning. Sounds very stressful! But exciting!

I use Firefox at work and couldn't get on here either. I'm at home on my iPad so I wonder if things are back to normal?

I'm incredibly sore from trying the insanity DVD yesterday. It started in my calves and seems to be spreading! I did body pump tonight which was probably a mistake. Now I can barely move!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #7  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yay for saef treading where others feared to tread - malware or no. Thanks for starting the weekly thread. I missed my 3FC fix yesterday.

Good luck with the dentist, krampus. My hope is that at some point in life a trip to the dentist isn't dreaded. I still feel like a little boy when I get scolded because I haven't flossed daily.

My challenge today is to assist with some plastering and painting, which is not a trade where I could make a living because I just don't like to paint. The good news is that it's hard to nibble anything when the hands are grubby, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Always nice to use my fitness in everyday life. I just turned our double mattress 90 degrees by myself.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Your son is having a colonoscopy Allison?

I don't relish the idea of wedding planning. Sounds very stressful! But exciting!

I use Firefox at work and couldn't get on here either. I'm at home on my iPad so I wonder if things are back to normal?

I'm incredibly sore from trying the insanity DVD yesterday. It started in my calves and seems to be spreading! I did body pump tonight which was probably a mistake. Now I can barely move!
Oops! NO, DH is having the colonoscopy.

It sounds like a good stretching session or yoga will help with the ache, Michele.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

LOL Allison! That's what I thought. Good luck to him!

Bikram Yoga is on the schedule tonight so hopefully that will help with the soreness-- it is slightly better than yesterday.

Hope the dentist goes well Krampus!

My work party that I got out of for today is back on my schedule. They changed the time and I didn't have a good excuse so I'm going. I will avoid the lasagna, the desserts, and alcohol. I'm bringing fresh fruit and hope there are some other healthier options. It's at lunch time so I don't plan on eating much (or staying too long).

Three more days of work until my break. I can make it!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #11  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Hi folks! Things are either getting crazy or settling down here, I'm not sure which. We finally have both babies home from the hospital! Just finished giving them baths. Feeding is kind of confusing because sometimes both of them are really hungry, sometimes one of them only eats a little, and sometimes one of them is just sleepy and won't eat at all. Right now DD2 (hey, I can refer to my DD's now!) wouldn't wake up to eat, probably because she was tired out from her bath. I guess we should have fed her right after washing her instead of waiting until DD1's bath was done. (DD1 chowed down.)

In any case, other than us trying to figure out what is "normal" in terms of their eating, they seem to be doing just fine. My parents are coming into town tomorrow to see the babies (they saw them right after they were born in the NICU but then flew home again) and help out. I'm not sure how it will go -- my mom is generally really helpful to have around, but my dad sometimes just causes more stress. I'm hoping that if I give him a job and a todo list that it will keep him out of my hair (plus, they are staying in a hotel instead of in our house which helps). We've decided to ask him to do some home repairs and babyproofing, and also hand over the video camera and make him the official videographer. My mom, I'm hoping, will help us out with groceries and cooking, which is where we're struggling right now.

I posted photos of the babies on facebook but they're protected. I'll try to get a good one to show you guys soon!

Allison - congrats to your DD! Wedding planning is a major pain, and IMO a wedding planner is 100% worth the money. There are different levels of planners depending how much help you need. They should be able to work within your budget if they're any good.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #12  

Jessica! So glad to hear the girls are home. How is Carter reacting to them? Don't worry, you'll fall into a routine with the feeding/changing/bathing/napping soon enough. Just remember to get enough sleep yourself!

So another chat session with DD regarding venues. His family is from Sequim, WA, which is north of Seattle. I found a really nice venue there and a caterer they recommend. She said she'd rather have it in Seattle. Ugh. More $$! I did suggest she call a wedding planner to get an idea of what to expect.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #13  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

ARGH have a few cavities ($700 worth of work WITH insurance?!) and I need my upper wisdom teeth out. I cried a lot after the appointment but BF calmed me down with a delicious homecooked dinner ripe with GARLIC PASTE and my roommate took us out for ice cream - Went back for my cleaning today and I have 3 weeks til filling appointment #1. Somehow I managed to leave my free toothbrush & floss there - ARGH!

Nice fast-paced run at lunch today. Looking forward to lifting later, too.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

^ you will be happy you got your teeth worked in. Instead of waiting any longer. I waited too long and needed a good gum cleaning....but thankfully no fillings.

I am at maintenance now of 145, but after only a week in maintenance I went up to my red line weight 146. I guess I need a bigger cushion and get down lower. So, I am kicking up the weight lifting and calorie restriction. I have a graduation and a bridal shower to host this weekend so things ate kind of crazy.

I will do my best but maintenance seems to have eluded me so far.

I second the others who suggest a wedding planner. I am my BFF's wedding planner and sheesh, its a ton of work.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Krampus, I had a similar dentist experience a few years ago - it was about a 5 year lapse for me as well, and not a pleasant experience. It'll be good to have everything taken care of, though!

Jessica, congratulations on the new additions to your family!

Allison, good luck with the wedding planning for your DD! A handful of my classmates got married (or will be) this summer and I have no idea how they managed to do any planning during the school year.

My mom and aunt visited this weekend, which was a really nice "girls weekend" but I think mostly all we did was eat! Today I took a pretty long walk/jog with a friend but I'm still feeling the bloat hanging on. I definitely want to watch my eating and keep up the workouts this week - next week my bf and I are going to the beach and I know this week won't make a huge difference but I'll FEEL better in my bathing suit if I stay on track.

Last edited by iriswhispers; 06-18-2013 at 11:18 PM.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote