PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Progesterone Cream?!

So I'm a pretty senior member on this board... sometimes things worked, then it stopped working. I've yo-yo'd within 30-40lbs for the past 15 years, never below 160lbs.

The past year has been even more nightmarish than any previous year with PCOS. My mood went sour, I lost ALL libido, I felt enraged all the time, and I gained 35lbs within 8 months while exercising and eating low carb (how how HOW????!!!!!!!). I also developed anxiety and scary panicky feelings. I could hardly handle the tiniest bit of stress. My energy was at an all time low, and just thinking about taking a walk to get exercise seems impossible because my body just doesn't have the strength to do it. I spent over $2k this year just seeing doctors, trying different prescriptions, and even tried a personal coach, thinking I was in a funk and it was my fault?!

Then 4 days ago I started using progesterone cream.

My pants are looser in the belly. I'm happy. I'm upbeat. I no longer feel stressed. I'm sleeping like a log and feeling refreshed in the morning. Every fiber in every muscle in my body is teeming with energy, and I am strong.

All this from some over-the-counter wild yam cream?? It's not a placebo effect because I've tried everything in the past 2 years, and nothing made such a drastic difference such as this. I felt it 20 minutes after I put the cream on the first night. The change was so immediate that I went to bed and felt my body just melt into the sheets as I drifted off.

Doing some internet research, it seems low progesterone can allow cortisol to wreak havoc (I think they both control each other). Is it possible I was a walking cortisol factory??!! That seems to make the most sense from the drastic change I've experienced.

Anyway, I'm having the best week I've had in years and feel like my old self! Hopefully this will help with my weight loss efforts and bring about my period again.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm so glad the cream is working for you!

I did try it years ago but I didn't see/feel a difference. But I was really only concerned with ovulation at the time, lol.

Have a great day!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

I tried natural progesterone cream a couple of years ago and loved it. The first thing I noticed after the first day was I could see the bones in my feet and ankle!!!! Like you I also lost that constant rage!
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #4  

I had great results with it as well. I don't know that I have PCOS... but there was a time when my PMS made me seriously on the verge of insanity (when during most of my life I never even had PMS).

After using it for a year I was able to really taper off and I think perhaps I trained my body to balance hormones better. As I don't feel the need for it too much anymore.

Highly recommended.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote