UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/???/120

Height: 5'8

Default Will Get Back On Track!!!

Hi all!!

I have been overweight all my life and have been dieting on and off for 11 years now. I finally reached my goal two summers ago and was thrilled about it! I maintained it very well, making sure even though I was skinny I would not over indulge.

Back in February, the school I work at was taken over by another. Things were good for a couple of weeks then the true colours appeared. I was put under so much emotional and physical stress it was (and still is) horrible. That triggered my binge eating marathon which lasted 3 months and resulted in me adding 3 stones! (18KG) The shock of wut I have become in only three little months did not make things easier, it only lead me to eat more and more.

I have been seeking support from people in the same situation and have been seeing a councilor. My mind is finally switching back to "skinny me" and not wanting to be imprisoned by food. I have come to realise that the job is not worth the emotional pain I cause myself.

I have been back on my plan for 11 days now and am planning not to "cheat" for at least 189 more days (200 days total).

Wish me luck! I would love to hear people's stories so please feel free to share!!!

xx

Jasmin

Last edited by kjasmin1986; 06-18-2013 at 09:00 AM.
kjasmin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I am in the same boat. Goal 2 years ago, felt great. Got injured and in 6 months put it all back on plus 5 lbs. I love the "skinny me" analogy bc it is so true. A switch went off just over 2 weeks ago and I am back on plan. I figure 6 months back to my goal again and would love to go 200 days more without binging! I may have to take the odd day off to go out for dinner for celebrations and functions but I will keep that to a minimum.

I have a good life. A good job, a great husband and hobbies that keep me busy. I have NO idea why I binge. I have no weird issues in my past but I did have an obese grandmother so probably genetic?
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/???/120

Height: 5'8

Hi Harriette!

I am sorry to hear about your injury. How long have you been back on your plan?

Body shape/metabolism has something to do with genetics but binge eating results from emotional issues (coping mechanism) or learned habbit. I am both unfortuantely! I binge when bored, sad, stressed, scared, anxious...etc. Since I was a child, when I was bored I'd go to the fridge and take out a whole pyrex of pasta (which had about 5-6 portions) and eat the whole thing... more followed! My weekends consisted of me watching cartoons and eating junk food until I couldn't breath anymore. Luckily I am tall (and big at that time) so my classmates were too scared to bully me but being over weight and "scarry" made me an outcast. No one would sit next to me nor talk to me. My only friend was food.

Anyways! try to think about it, maybe finding the reasons behind your binge eating will help you get over it!

Best of luck with your diet and keep strong!!!

xx
kjasmin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote