Old 06-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Default NSV! NOT the Biggest Bridesmaid!

Woo hoo! The bride just sent an email out that our dresses are in and the email she forwarded from the shop had everyone's size in it (another issue we could discuss, I know...)

Anyway, at a size 12, I am not the biggest! YES!!!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Ugh...I was the biggest bridesmaid in the bridal party, and it's awful and embarrassing. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed because I worried the rest of bridal party was looking at me, thinking, "Thank God I'm not her." Well, now I know that was probably accurate.
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha29 View Post
Ugh...I was the biggest bridesmaid in the bridal party, and it's awful and embarrassing. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed because I worried the rest of bridal party was looking at me, thinking, "Thank God I'm not her." Well, now I know that was probably accurate.
Does that make me a bad person? Before, I'd always feel uncomfortable being the largest person in the room, in a photo, on the company softball team. Is it wrong to celebrate not having to feel uncomfortable about that anymore?

Does anyone else look around and try to figure out where they are in terms of size compared to the people they are with? I do this, but don't feel it's a bad thing. I certainly don't do it to judge anyone other than myself.

Last edited by Underwater; 06-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #4  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

You're not alone Underwater...I do the same thing, sizing others up compared to myself and as you stated it is definitely not to judge others, only myself. You have a right to be proud that you have lost the weight, congrats.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

I think that you are probably more coming from the place of being happy not to be the old you that WOULD have been the biggest bride's maid, rather than looking negatively on any of the other bride's maids that happen to be a bigger size than you at the moment. Was that as clear as mud?

I'm in my sister's wedding in August and the other two bride's maids are rail thin, thinner than I'd ever even want to be. I'm also 31 weeks pregnant lol. But I was super happy that despite being pregnant I'm not going to be the 'fat' bride's maid, like I would have been a few years ago. I might even be a little happy that I'm no longer bigger than my sister (as was the case our whole childhood).

It's not that I'm looking down on her, just that I'm happy my own situation has changed. From what you said I think you're probably thinking along the same lines.

So I say congratulations and enjoy the chance to get fancied up with your hard earned new body!
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha29 View Post
Oh Sasha, Don't give it a second thought. I think it's hard to feel beautiful/comfortable in someone else's "taffeta" wedding vision. I'm sure the other girls were thinking/fretting about themselves and not comparing themselves to you.

Underwater, congrats on fitting into a size 12 dress. The last bridesmaid dress I wore was size 22, and I vowed that would never happen again. Luckily no more of my friends have tied the knot yet so I have some time to slim down some.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Awesomeness!!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5"6

No judgement, girl. It's totally normal AND awesome! We all do and think it! Congrats on being super fly!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #9  

Thanks guys... love you all! This is really my only place to talk about weight loss. My husband has always been slim so while he gets a lot of it, he can't relate
Old 06-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I don't think there is a thing wrong with you being happy that you are not the biggest bridesmaid. I always look around to see if I am the biggest at whatever event and it is such a relief when I am not.

I am sure that you will be kind to whoever is the biggest bridesmaid and not make fun of them behind their back.

Congratulations on the size 12 and with being comfortable being in the wedding!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Does that make me a bad person? Before, I'd always feel uncomfortable being the largest person in the room, in a photo, on the company softball team. Is it wrong to celebrate not having to feel uncomfortable about that anymore?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating that!

I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. It was lavish and the dress was a strapless number. I was the largest bridesmaid by far and it was mortifying to have my dress altered because the largest dress size was a 20.

Congratulations on your success! There is plenty reason to celebrate!
sosurreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #12  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

This is going to sound totally naughty but.... I will be the biggest bridesmaid for sure, but definitely the one with the most confidence!! I started losing to get ready for a wedding I am in this September, and now I am just happy to be losing weight for me. Sure, I may weigh more, but I have a beautiful smile and am fun and my eyebrows are perfect. LOL I am completely prepared to be the most curvy and glowing bridesmaid this wedding has ever seen!!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
but I have a beautiful smile and am fun and my eyebrows are perfect.
You lady, are awesome!! (and I am seriously jealous of your perfect eyebrows, I'm seriously considering an eyebrow implant before a boob job )
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #14  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Awesome Underwater! You have every right to feel that way, you have earned it! You are only taking notice in the fact you have lost weight and are now a smaller version of your former self.

Now, if I can only catch up to you.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
Awesome Underwater! You have every right to feel that way, you have earned it! You are only taking notice in the fact you have lost weight and are now a smaller version of your former self.

Now, if I can only catch up to you.
thnknthin, our stats are pretty close. I am going to try to maintain at 150-160 so we will be twinsies