Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #1  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Default I'm back :-(

I'm back after about a year's absence. Major life events and a new job and a new city. I'm back where I started. Anyho, I'm on day 8 of induction. Exercising daily. Lost 7.6 pounds so far.

Been catching up on the various threads and holy crap, I had no idea about the Atkins bars and the three carbs they say they have isn't true. I could cry. I just ate one. All that hard work down the drain.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

back!
Staying away from those Atkins bars and sticking to real food will pay off greatly. Those bars were never designed to be eaten on a daily basis despite what the labels say or the "new" Atkins books. They were made for emergencies when no other low carb alternatives are available.
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Yeah Back to you!

Bars,... do not help and do slow down the losing.... They are good in a pinch.. but it still have the Sugar Alcohols in them and that still isn't the best... Tho if you are craving sweets (TOM) A bite of these do help sometimes... Welcome back to you and looking forward to seeing your Ticker Go Down Down Down Down!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 06-13-2013 at 07:12 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #4  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

cldwvWelcome back!!!! Congrats on down 7.6 already!! Totally agree with JerseyGyrl and Wannaskipandlaugh - stick to the whole foods!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #5  
Cindy

Thanks everybody. I feel like such a failure as I did so well last time and then let myself slip because of various reasons. I'm committed this time. I grabbed one of the meal bars as I was in a rush yesterday morning and thought I could have that for breakfast or lunch. I guess I would have been better served to go out and get a salad or chicken or something. No more bars!

Has anybody had the jimmy johns unwich? There's one right by my office. Do you think those would be ok?

Anyway, coffee with heavy cream and a splash of sugar free carmel syrup and a cup of herbal tea so far today. I made a nice big salad for lunch and have a couple strin cheese with me to snack on.

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Has anybody had the jimmy johns unwich? There's one right by my office. Do you think those would be ok?
Yes, either the Hunter's Club or the JJ Gargantuan Unwich look acceptable for Atkins Induction
The Hunter's Club is 3.92 carbs with 1.73 grams dietary fiber and the JJ Gargantuan is 7.15 carbs with 1.73 grams dietary fiber.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #7  
Cindy

Awesome, thanks JG! That will come in very handy in a pinch.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #8  
Cindy

P.S. JG-- I'm a Pittsburgh girl too!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #9  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

I think we got aJimmy Johns somewhere nearby. I'm going tomorrow to try that unwhich!
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Welcome back Sunny.. Glad you have you back to talk with us! We have more action here than when you were here last time Wooo Hoo!!!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 06-17-2013 at 05:54 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #11  
Cindy

Hey guys! I had to drive seven hours yesterday and didn't pack any food so I popped I to a jimmy johns and got the hunters club unwich. I give it a thumbs up. They went a little heavy on the mayo for me. I'll ask them to watch the mayo next time. Very good and very filling.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #12  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everybody,

I went to jimmy johns on Sunday and I tried the Vito unwich for lunch and the ham & cheese unwich for dinner. I liked it a lot. I wonder what their bread tastes like?

No I don't.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I finally got back on Atkins after stopping around the holidays last year. I tried Weight Watchers for awhile and it worked at first until all those carb cravings came back and I just have no willpower. The only diet I can seem to stick to is Atkins because I lose all the cravings. I had forgotten just how satisfying eating low carb is. I kept putting off my start date and I was truly dreading it and then once I started it was so easy to get back into it. I found it easier this time than the first time around. I guess because I did it for so long before that I knew what to stock up on and I know to make sure I have plenty of low carb things on hand such as boiled eggs to grab in a pinch. I haven't bought any low carb sweets because I'm still on induction. The first time I did Atkins I bought the Atkins bars and they taste great, but I do think they may have caused me to stall. Anyway, I am so glad I'm back to this way of eating. I've lost at least 11 pounds since starting 11 days ago! I started zumba at the end of January and do one-hour classes four days a week. I didn't do any exercise at all when I was on Atkins the first time, so it will be interesting to see the difference. I really love zumba and, although I did not lose weight doing zumba alone, I really have toned up and I can tell in my legs and arms.

I had forgotten all about Jimmy Johns until I read this thread. I've been bringing my breakfast and lunch to work every day, but if I ever forget that's definitely something to keep in mind because there's one about a mile from my work. I had the unwich a couple of times in the past when I was on Atkins. I also love the guacamole bacon burger at carl's jr. You can get their burgers wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. I have to take off a lot of the lettuce though because they put like a whole head of iceburg on there

Sorry to be so long winded.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #14  
Cindy

@sunny---their bread is awesome!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #15  
Cindy

Hi Mandy. I agree with you about starting being the hardest part. I kept putting it off too.