General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #1  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Default How to survive a girls weekend!

I guess it is just starting to dawn on me that I am going to be spending a whole weekend with 6+ girls.

aaaaaaand cue the panic attack!

Sh!t. How am I going to get through this?

I am less concerned with my diet and more concerned with my mental stability...

I am not really a girly girl. I don't spend much time with girls. Generally speaking, they tend to annoy the **** out of me.

I just don't have the patience. They are all lovely girls, two of whom were former roommates. I adore them, I truly truly do. But I have this sinking feeling that I am going to get annoyed and grumpy and just be miserable. At least that is what I am imagining.

At least now, I know I should be able to keep up, not have to take quite so many sit breaks while shopping.

Being the only Plus Size girl sucks as it's not really like I can do a whole lot of real shopping anyway. I get to be the friend to sit with the bags, while everyone tries stuff on. I find clothes shopping with skinnier friends really stressful and depressing. Please tell me how to get through this!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I think you'll be shocked at how much "girl" springs up when you're closer to goal

I'm always the chick holding the bags that can only find stuff at one store. Look at it as an opportunity to visit, and you can go through stores and mentally plan your "goal" style. If they're like my friends, (I've spent 7 hours sitting in the Midtown mall, I'm serious), bring a book and pick a bench then visit when the skinny folk are done spending all their dosh.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
I think you'll be shocked at how much "girl" springs up when you're closer to goal

I'm always the chick holding the bags that can only find stuff at one store. Look at it as an opportunity to visit, and you can go through stores and mentally plan your "goal" style. If they're like my friends, (I've spent 7 hours sitting in the Midtown mall, I'm serious), bring a book and pick a bench then visit when the skinny folk are done spending all their dosh.

Ohhhhhh Jane! I love your new avatar, Looking so good

You're right, I know that I am already becoming a tad bit more girly (Shhh don't tell, don't want to ruin my rep!)

Bringing a book is a good idea lol. Ugh, at least we will be in Calgary and there will be new stores, not the same 20 midtown stores over and and over again (ohhh did you hear we are getting a bath and body works soon?.... crap, my girly slipped out there... oops) I guess I can be happy that I might be the only one to turn from this weekend with cash in my pockets still (I hope!!!)
Old 06-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #4  
Starting over sucks.

Thanks!

Yeah I saw that when I was up there a few weeks ago. I'm trying to con my bf into taking me to stoon next week when he writes a test. I LOVE that city. I live in a hole compared to it!

Calgary will have way more selection! And you can pick out little progress rewards you can use now.

I won't spill your secret. I have hundreds of pounds left to lose and I'm so girly now it's ridiculous. I need to go find a quad and some mud and reclaim my tomboy status ASAP!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #5  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Its funny, I just got back from a long (4 day) guy weekend. Its a golf trip that I've taken with 7 other friends for the past 18 years. Not a year goes by that there isn't some sort of a drama by the end of the trip! This year was no exception.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #6  

What are you talking about Joe, guys aren't dramatic!!!???

...............Are they?

I think you just flipped my world upside down

Jane - I am sure the grass is always greener! (Tho its so much better than Regina ) I could really use a good rip through the mud on a quad about now!

Last edited by Silverfire; 06-11-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #7  
sugar is the devil

^ I'm from Calgary. Let me know if you need an escape route
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
^ I'm from Calgary. Let me know if you need an escape route
That is awesome! I might have to hold you too that Anything awesome you recommend checking out? I think we are planning on spending lots of time at crossiron mills...
Old 06-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #9  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
What are you talking about Joe, guys aren't dramatic!!!???

...............Are they?

I think you just flipped my world upside down

Jane - I am sure the grass is always greener! (Tho its so much better than Regina ) I could really use a good rip through the mud on a quad about now!
I wouldn't have thought so either! The drama stemmed from the fact that one or more of the guys invariably wants to do his own thing and not do what the rest of the group is doing, which upsets certain people more than others.

The funny thing is that there was a group of women at the same hotel, about the same age as us, doing a girls' weekend - and they were quite content to hang out with each other at the hotel the entire weekend and -- seemingly - had no drama.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #10  
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 216/214/145

Height: 5'7

I've been a myriad of different sizes and even when I was at my lowest weight (150) and got to buy clothes in "normal-sized" stores, I still HATED shopping with other people. Even when I was enjoying shopping for myself, which was a novelty. Group shopping is just not for some people--and I don't think that means you're deficient in any way, Silverfire!

Why don't you do something nice for yourself, like get a pedicure? I bet you could talk your girly friends into that (no bag-holding required).

Last edited by NyxPhoenix; 06-12-2013 at 10:04 AM.
NyxPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #11  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I can definitely relate. I was invited to a bachelorette weekend getaway and I declined to go. I know this is not good advice, but honestly, if I were you, I just wouldn't go. I feel like life is too short to do something you don't enjoy...unless you think it'll be fun? For me, it all depends on who is going and what we'll be doing. If everyone goes out for a hike, you could go and if everyone goes shopping, maybe you could just opt out of that activity? You have a right to do what you want with your time without feeling a sense of obligation. Just my 2 cents.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I wouldn't have thought so either! The drama stemmed from the fact that one or more of the guys invariably wants to do his own thing and not do what the rest of the group is doing, which upsets certain people more than others.

The funny thing is that there was a group of women at the same hotel, about the same age as us, doing a girls' weekend - and they were quite content to hang out with each other at the hotel the entire weekend and -- seemingly - had no drama.
I hope no one tries to get dramatic about wanting to do our own thing for a little bit! I know there are some stores that I am the only one who will be excited about and fully intend on taking advantage of a few minutes of me time!

NyxPhoenix Yeah, I have never really been big on group shopping (nor do I really understand peeing in groups lol) Pedicure is a great idea, might be a nice way to end a long day of shopping too!!!

luckymommy If I wasn't in the wedding party, and if it was someone else's stagette I would totally consider declining, so there is no getting out of this one! And to be honest there is much of it that I am really looking forward too

I bought a bathing suit yesterday. The hotel we are staying in has a pool and a hot tub and I fully intend on taking full advantage of that!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #13  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think you'll have a great time then!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #14  
Starting over sucks.

Being in a wedding party leads to many, many many shopping nightmares, but duty is duty.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #15  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm definitely not a girly girl, by any means, & I'm not very sociable. I like being around other people, I can get along fine & make conversation (though I detest small talk) but I need a lot of alone time. Or at least mellow/quiet/everyoneSTFU-time, ya know? So, Silverfire, I totally get why you're worried about this.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I was going to be renting out a beach house for the weekend with 9 other girls, most of whom I didn't know well or had never met at all. None of my close friends were going on this vacay & I was really worried I would be miserable. I don't have anything against girls, but I usually don't have a lot in common with most women. Anyway, I was afraid I'd be grumpy, irritable/*****y, unnecessarily sarcastic, etc. But, actually, I had a great time & I was in a good mood the whole weekend. The girls were fun & I got along well with them all. I was the largest girl there, but not the only "big" girl, so that helped. I was really surprised at how much fun it was to spend a whole weekend in a gaggle of 10 girls, but we really did have fun getting to know each other better & hanging out on the beach.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote