Old 06-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default Shorts frustration

OK it's a good problem to have...but it's still just a little frustrating. I seem to be shrinking in my thighs...and much less quickly in my hips (and my belly, back and boobs...where I want it gone!). I bought ONE pair of shorts, JUST two weeks ago, because I literally only had one pair that I could wear. Then it got too cold and I've been in pants until today. Today is 80 and we had a zoo field trip, so I had to wear shorts that I can move in...well I pull out my new ones...that I've worn once...and they fit nicely around the hips but are too loose in the thighs. They started rubbing wrong just walking around the house getting ready for work, so I had to change...yet they fit wonderfully for a full day of walking at six flags. I can only guess it's because I do a ton of cardio on the ARC trainer, which really works the glutes and thighs, but I also do the ab circuit several times a week... I can't wear shorts that are too loose around my thighs, they give me awful chub rub...so I was stuck wearing pants today (those don't seem to hurt if they are too loose) and it was HOT. I only wear shorts that go at least close to the knee, and they just rub badly if they have too much extra fabric.

So now summer FINALLY gets here and I have NOTHING to wear...not one pair of shorts that don't make me chafe. I went shopping this weekend but didn't buy anything because NOTHING fit properly...my hip to thigh ratio is now unproportionate to the way they make clothes and everything that fits around the waist is too loose in the thighs. It wouldn't matter so much except for that damn chub rub. I think I need to lay off the cardio and step up on the ab workouts. Looks like I'll be stuck wearing tight exercise shorts under everything until I'm more proportionate! Or wearing jeans...

Last edited by Andi24; 06-11-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #2  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

or keep looking for shorts that fit you?
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Yes, but how long do I wear them before they no longer fit? And that's the problem... it's really hard to find a pair that fit me...I'm losing it in the places I don't need to! we went to 3 different stores and I scoured good will, and yeah I found a pair at Boston Store...they were $40. I bought a pair that fit me 2 weeks ago and I can't wear them anymore. I don't want to do that over and over again either.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #4  

I just alter mine in the areas that are too loose.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Find a decent priced tailor in your area?

the ones that work out of their houses often cost less than the shops. or if you know someone who knows how to sew offer to pay them a few bucks to alter them?
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

baby powder on the thighs? I forget what I used to do to stop the thigh rub
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Running stores tend to sell stuff to rub on to prevent discomfort from rubbing. I'm sure I read a post on here about what helps chub rub maybe 2 or 3 years ago, maybe search the term?
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #8  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I agree try finding someone who can alter them for cheap. During most of my weight loss journey I saved a ton of money getting clothes altered instead of constantly buying new. That or look into used clothing locally to see if you can find anything that fits better.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote