Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With Halloween around the corner, how do you think you'll handle the candy issue?
I swore to stay totally OP and not have a single piece 8 28.57%
I promised I'd have just 1 piece and that would be it! 0 0%
I plan on having a tiny piece of SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE as my treat. 2 7.14%
I have a WEIGHT & SEE ATTITUDE right now. 2 7.14%
I'm not holding out for much hope for myself. 1 3.57%
You mean it's not Halloween already? I'm already guilty! 2 7.14%
I'm not opening my door, didn't buy any candy, not an issue! 6 21.43%
I'll let you know AFTER Friday! 4 14.29%
Can someone just tie my hands and tape my mouth up? Let's just say, I'm worried! 3 10.71%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:20 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/27-11/2

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33692

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today, read between the lines

FEELING GREAT

Do you want to just feel good? Or would you prefer to truly feel great?

It can feel good to overindulge. Yet it can feel great to enjoy the lasting rewards that come through practicing discipline and restraint. It can feel good to be lazy, lounging around and doing nothing. Yet it can feel truly great to invest your time in creative, effective, productive efforts.

It can feel good to win an argument. Yet it can feel great to develop a mutual understanding with, and true respect for another person.

It can feel good to live for today, abandoning all your responsibilities for the pleasures of the moment. Yet it can feel truly great to live fully in the moment while remaining responsible to the positive possibilities that the future will bring.

Rather than living for the fleeting pleasure of feeling good, fill each moment with meaning, integrity, responsibility, discipline and love. Then you'll know the lasting joy of truly feeling great.

-- Ralph Marston

A WAY OUT

When you're stuck, there is a way out, as much as there may not seem to be. Stop focusing on being stuck and you'll begin to see what that way out can be.

The way to get beyond being stuck is to get beyond what you're doing. What that means is that there is something you must change. By changing what you're doing, you can begin to move forward. And soon you'll be far beyond the place where you were stuck.

Yes, change can be frightening and change can be difficult. Yet the fact that you're stuck is compelling proof that change is your best course of action.

Eventually you'll see that being stuck was not such a bad thing. For it will have pushed you into making a positive change, a change that you'll soon be grateful for having made.

When you're stuck, there's much that you can do, if you'll simply accept the need for change. Change for the better, and move forward faster than ever before.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-27-2003, 06:56 AM   #3  

Default Monday, Monday....

Morning! No work today! Hooray! I don't have to work until Wednesday this week. I do have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Can't wait to see what HIS scale says....I am hoping and praying the complaints I get on my scale from my daughters is well founded, and it is really five or more pounds heavy!

I have a cake to do for a lady today too. She wants a goldfish, so it ought to be fun and challenging. I hope I can stay out of the cake scraps and icing....

DEB: I did get into the peppermint stick ice cream on Saturday. It just was not as good as I was expecting it to be. I don't think it is going to be a problem for me. Now the double chocolate chunk.....
Old 10-27-2003, 07:13 AM   #4  

Good Morning All

Sorry I went AWOL again last week but wanted to check in to say Hi to you all. No changes to report here, still up a few pounds from my lowest. My eating was quite good this past week but who knows what this week will bring. I will be working away from home for most of the next two weeks, which means lots of restaurant meals again which for me is a bad thing. I don't think I will be doing Halloween this year. I have bought some potato chips and candy for dishing out but probably won't be home in time for the trick or treaters. If that's the case I will just dish it all out to the 6 grandkids.

Gotta run. Have to leave for work in a few minutes.

Have a good week everyone.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:14 AM   #5  

Good Monday Morning everyone. Had a pretty good weekend..no major cheats to report except some movie popcorn. I didn't even eat the whole bag which is unusual for me!! Gosh, I wish I wasn't so addicted. How did everyone else do staying on plan this weekend? I am glad I also exercised 5 times last week, so I met my goal. Did some more man pushups yesterday (HAHA)..I really need to get over myself on those pushups...Talk to you all later. I am going to go back and read the posts from the weekend, and I will be back to reply-
Old 10-27-2003, 09:32 AM   #6  

Default Hi going to be a good week

Hi everyone, this is going to be a good week. Everyone enjoy your extra hour of sleep? Not much to report, because not much happened. I was not happy with the Cowboys, but Tampa Bay people were, so at least some good came out of it. Some one has to win. Have a Super week.

SuperDave
Old 10-27-2003, 09:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Help, I'm drowning........

I have eaten anything and everything that was not nailed down this weekend. Had a late breakfast yesterday, an early lunch so I didn't even need dinner. But no, can't dare skip a meal. So since I had been bad all weekend, why not eat anything you have ever been wanting, right? So I did. I was so sick when I went to bed I couldn't even lay on my stomach! I was alone last night and boy did I take advantage of it. Even hid all the evidence and took out the garbage! Had some pies left from bunco, ate those and decided to throw the last of one away, on the way out to the trash (out on the curb), had to take one more bite. I am truly a foodaholic and need the 12 steps. Oh I while I am stuffing my face, I am reading a fitness magazine. How stupid is that?? Even though I was sick at my stomach I was thinking I hadn't gotten into the Halloween candy yet better do that before Monday. At least I didn't. Totally whacko!

I had a good long talk with myself. Faced the music and stepped on the scale that alone should do it for me. I am journaling and counting calories.

Seriously considering doing the South Beach for a couple weeks. Anyone know the lowdown on it that can be easily explained here. I know no carbs for the first 2 weeks, but what about fruit and veggies? Anyone?

Back to exercising tonight too. I have to stop the bleeding quickly.

Deb, I checked no way would I be into the candy this week. I needed to also check that I had alaready been into it. But I am thinking positive so I checked the first one. I should have called you last night so you could have talked some sense into me.

Monet, enjoy your day off. Sure hope you see a good number at the doctor.

Rosalie, try to make good choices at those restaurants. There is something healthy there for you.

JackieO, sounds like you had a great weekend. Have you ever tried taking your own air-popped popcorn with you to the movies? At least you would be saving some calories from the butter. I know, that is the best part. Guess you can see I didn't do as well as you over the weekend. How embarrassing

Off to skim the posts from the weekend. Be back later.

Jackie
Old 10-27-2003, 09:51 AM   #8  

Good Monday Morning!

Hope everyone had a good week last week. I was unable to even read the board, much less find time to post. It was a crazy and busy week but it seems I'm back to normal today.

The Bar Mitzvah was nice yesterday. I liked it because it was very casual and I could wear my normal every day clothes. What was unbelieveable was my friends new home. Did I say home? I mean more like a mansion! The house is 16,000 - yes 16 THOUSAND square feet! There's 7 bedrooms, and all but 2 of them are huge, bigger than my master bedroom! I asked Fred how many bathrooms, he couldn't remember, 9 or 10, asked Sara the same, she wasn't quite sure, but every time you turned around there was another one. Kitchen has 2 Sub Zero fridges and on the other side I think it's a freezer (didn't want to go check it out and look tackier than I already was) 2 washer/dryers in a bigger than you'd think someone should have laundry room-huge walk-in pantry, please, I could go on! I took some pictures and will e-mail those on the e-mail list that I have so you can take a gander if you want. Oh, the owner of the Marlins lives down the street and across the street from their house, if you know this story (I didn't) the now defunct Worldcom owner's home, which is not finished due to him being indicted. OMG, just found a website with info on the home from this guy from worldcom - check it out:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...an-house_x.htm

Of course, I was taking pics of this home as we were driving away! It's gorgeous but unfinished and the front doors are plywood. Gosh, what would it be like to have THAT kind of $$$ - too bad I won't ever find that out.

I am working in the dining room today. It's a mess and I've decided to keep active today while tackling this area. ELI works in there as his office and it has papers all over the table. In fact, the entire table was obscured with crap and well, it seats 8 people, so it's a fairly large table (at least by my standards, with Sara, it wouldn't be), so I'm trying to clear that off. Have it down to about 1/4 of junk on it now and will try to get it 100% cleared. Same with the floor. I really want to get my house in order!!!

Parents are due home this Friday - really looking forward to having them home, esp. my DM!

Thanks for all of you who are going to plan on staying with me through yet another holiday season.

I'm liking the time change - hmmm, that's a good question for a upcoming poll!

Anyone going to any Halloween parties? Not me, I'm giving out candy, I love seeing the kids. We usually get about 40-50 kids and I'm prepared. Target has the best price on candy this week, $1.50 a bag and I even had coupons I've eaten enough candy this past week and swore as of today that it's only going to the trick or treaters, not the piggy eater!!!!ig:

Okay, I'm outta here, will check back in a little while!!

Toodles

Debbie
Old 10-27-2003, 10:04 AM   #9  

Good Monday morning:

I skimmed posts but didn't take notes so I won't be able to do replies today.

Friday was busy. We dropped off Delaney at a friend's house and I volunteered in Britt's class; sure glad I don't teach kindergarten kids all day (I'd be bushed at the end of the day). I did have a great time with Britt though and she loved having me there. We then picked up Lane and got to the grocery store. We got home late and then I had to get dinner going. We did get to the pumpkin festival Saturday; the girls had a ball. When Delaney was out in the pumpkin patch, she was running from pumpkin to pumpkin saying, "balls." She thought they were a bunch of orange balls. We bought her a little one to bring home, and she has been carrying it around with her. Britt was able to paint a pumpkin there, and had her face painted. I was not very good.....I had a few bites of a funnel cake, had nachos with jalapenos, had some popcorn, and then had a piece of DH's birthday cake yesterday.

Britt & Lane have colds, and I woke up with a sore throat so I am sure I am getting their colds. Of all weekends to indulge in sugary foods; probably suppressed my immune system enough for me to pick up their colds. I am going to keep Britt out of school today, but she has a doctor's appt. later this afternoon anyway. We also have to have her costume altered this morning.

I have a prayer request for my sister Audra & her family. They were evacuated from their home yesterday afternoon; they live in the San Diego area. They have 3 kids and had a chance to throw a few things together. They think that her oldest child's school has burned down, as well as the youngest two's preschool. My sister got a job awhile back to help with expenses and actually had all of her x-mas shopping done. They had to leave it all behind, including a brand new bike for her 10-year old. I am so worried for them. I know it is all material stuff, but it is also their home, and how do you explain to a 2 & 3-year old why they lost their home, rooms & toys! Thanks for any prayers.

I better get going. I hope to check in later!

Nat
Old 10-27-2003, 10:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

With all the talk about boobs last week, thought I would share this one with you all.

Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, G,
and H are the letters used to define bra sizes?
If you have wondered why, but couldn't figure out what
the letters stood for, it is about time you
became informed!

{A} Almost Boobs...
{B} Barely there.
{C} Can't Complain!
{D} Dang!
{DD} Double dang!
{E} Enormous!
{F} Fake.
{G} Get a Reduction.
{H} Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up
Old 10-27-2003, 10:40 AM   #11  

Quickie...

MONET, I wish I felt the same way about that ice cream, but I love it. LAUREN says it reminds her of whipped cream with peppermint. Didn't care so much for the Red Velvet one, but I managed to polish off both half gallons in a 24 hour period

JACKK, that was funny!!!!

PANCHO, prayers to your family. I just e-mailed my cousin who lives in SD as well to see if she's okay. She lives near the stadium. She's a teacher so I know she has no school today due to the fires. May call my Aunt who lives here to hear what's going on.

Toodles

Deb
Old 10-27-2003, 10:42 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Man, the cooler weather and warm oven are upon me. This time of year I am faced with all the goodies my crew loves. Yesterday my mom came over so it was no exception. She thought I should make some bread. Okay, I did and it was wonderful! You know I had to taste the end piece hot out of the oven. So then we saw a recipe for bagel sticks. They weren't half bad. Next time I am going to put a small sausage and cheese in them before I boil and bake them. Then were were the homemade chicken and dumplin's and coconut topped muffins. Since they liked the muffins so much there weren't any left. Sooooo, I made pumpkin muffins for breakfast this morning. Britt called and when she heard I made muffins she wanted me to bring some up to work. You guessed it, I'm going to make a batch to take up there this afternoon.

Considering I didn't do badly at all. A few bites here and there but since I didn't eat yesterday to speak of I won't complain. I was too busy cooking to eat...

(((Jack-K))) I have been where you are. We have lost our minds for the month. Me last weekend and you this weekend past. Now it's time to get back with the program. You can do it!!!!! Plus you are SO close to goal....

Deb....wow! I can't imagine that kind of footage. Plus that's a lot of toliets to scrub. I'd hate to think I left something in one of my bathrooms and can't even remember how many I had...too funny. The kitchen sounds like a dream though.

Poncho....praying for your sister and her family. So many people are being touched by these fires.

Rosalie....hey woman! You can do it. When you eat out just make the best choices you can. Stay strong and OP as much as possible.

SuperDave....no extra hour for this gal. For some reason I woke around 3:35 and was just about asleep and hour later when the yard beast decided they wanted to go out and bark at nothing. Then hubby was restless because it was about time for him to wake. It was nice though...it was sooo cold in the house this morning. Nothing like being snug as a bug in a rug with the covers pulled up to your ears. I enjoy this time of year very much.

Monet.....praying that those scales behave and show your loss!!!! Enjoy your days off. Are you going to chill or do you have plans? A goldfish cake sounds very interesting.

The kids are in the middle of lessons. So I'd better scoot for a bit.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/154/140-135
Old 10-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #13  

Nat- your family is in my prayers.

Debelli- Good Luck with the house cleaning. Sometimes breaking it up in smaller pieces makes it easier to accomplish. Just visualize the finished results. I wish this could help me with my closet..

JackK- Sorry to hear of your food obsession this weekend. I went through that recently and know it can be hard. But maybe that is what it took to get the cravings out of your system. I can totally relate about taking the food out to the trash and having to have one more bite. That part of the post made me laugh because it reminded me of an incident about 2 months ago when I was picking croutons out the trash can in my office to put back on my salad. Now that is REPULSIVE. (However, they were resting on a piece of paper so I thought they looked clean). This is like confessions of a food addict. I was also cracking up laughing at the reading of a fitness magazine while munching. It's like we think the calories are negated because we are reading about squats. HAHA. Anyway, I am confident you will get back on track today. Don't beat yourself up about it..it could be worse, you could be sifting clean looking croutons out the trash.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:54 AM   #14  

het crystle- we were posting at the same time. Your recipes sound yummy. Have a good day!
Old 10-27-2003, 11:12 AM   #15  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

I hope everyone is off to a good start this week!

I started rereading the new SB book this morning. For breakfast I has two soft boiled eggs, and a slice of WW bread with margerine. I went to the grocery store yesterday and finished stocking up on what I still needed after Friday's trip to Harry's. The good news is that I used the last of my old loaf of bread this morning and so I get to bake a new loaf with my good flour!

Yesterday--after urging everyone to rest I cleaned out a closet (two bags of clothes to Goodwill) and the very messy drawer to my bedside table. If I can get to the other closet within the next couple of weeks, then I might actually have room to put some clothes away!

I'm now waiting for the Dr.s office to call me back about scheduling my surgery. It will either be the 5th of December or the 6th of January. I'd like to do it before the first of the year because on Jan 1st the deductible starts over again. But if it has to be then, so be it!

JackieO--We all have stories like your crouton one! Because we ALL have really screwed up relationships with food!

Crystle--the Nov. Guideposts has a recipe for yeast rolls that I thought I might try to adapt to WW flour to see if I can use them for Thanksgiving dinner. Sounds like you had a busy day baking! Be careful!

Nat--will keep your sister and her family in my prayers!

Deb--I'll also keep your SD family in my prayers! Sounds like you had a good time yesterday. It's always fun to see how the other half lives!

Jackie--What has gotten into you girlfriend? I've certainly been there and when it gets that bad it usually means that something else is going on--any idea what?

SuperDave--Hope you have a good week yourself!

Marie--it's good to hear from you!

Time to get to work--I hope this is the first day of a good OP week for everyone!

Susan
Closed Thread