Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 AM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#432

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:48 AM   #2  

I don't have time to reply - gotta get to work but wanted to say:

GO THIN

I am with you on your new committment.

Later, Chicks.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:34 AM   #3  

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! Just deleted my entire post....

OKAY, HERE GOES AGAIN.....

Good Morning my lovelies,

2 cute: I am hanging around, had a busy weekend is all. Had company visit, and worked. Friends we had not seen for about 1 /1 2 years, it was wonderful to catch up. We rode to Desota State Park, (they wanted to see some fall foliage, they live in South Alabama, near the Florida line, so not much of anything down there denotes seasons changing!), then we had dinner, and enjoyed the ride home, stayed up till the wee hours chatting of course, and they left yesterday am around 8ish, then I was in at work by 11a. Because it was short notice I didnt get to put in for the time off, but it was still great to have them here. And your comittment is admirable!! you inspire me too, YOU ALWAYS HAVE!!! As for the enthusiasm, it is still a bit early, but, I feel it brewing.... doning the old sneakers soon and going out for a walk, cool and crisp here, or may just turn on the old watp tapes and jitterbug in the living room

AND I AGREE, TINNNNNNNNNNNNNA WHERE ARRRRRRRRRRE YOU?

Jen, Thin, Lucky, Sandy (I miss you honey), Mary, Barb, Kat, Michelle, and anyonelse I may have missed, have a and healthful day. WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL, AND AWESOME, AND AWE INSPIRING!! WE ARE STRONG, INVINCIBLE, UNSTOPPABLE!! WE ARE A UNITED FORCE, THERE ISNT ANYTHING WE CANT DO TOGETHER. (SEE 2 CUTE, I told you it was brewing), well girls gotta move, gotta shed some lbs.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

As usual .... no time to catch up but I love you all and I really do appreciate your support.

The weekend was not as good as I hoped. I actually drove to the store and bought myself 4 bags of chocolate ... it was on sale. . I did get into one but stopped myself, again, before it got too bad. Now I have 3 + bags in the car and I'm going to try to give them away, at work, on my lunch hour. If I can find the receipt I might take them back but I really need them away from me soon.

The company was fun but when your not used to kids a 2.5, 4 and 6 year old can sure wear you down. I don't know how mothers do it .... but I'm glad they do.

Gotta run
Old 10-27-2003, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Pssst. Tina was at the races in Atlanta this weekend.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All!
No time to talk, but I had to at least say Hello!
I have to run off to a meeting.

Terri - Thanks for reminding us about Tina going to the races.
Tina - Can't wait to hear all about it!

Old 10-27-2003, 11:12 AM   #7  

I just wanted to pop in real quick to say

2Cute: If you haven't gone back and read my reply on the last thread PUH-LEEZ do!!!

OK, talk at ya all later,
Jen
Old 10-27-2003, 11:42 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning everyone. Well I did get about 5 hours sleep now.

Jen... I am sorry for the mix up. I never thought that you thought I was a coward. And I am glad you are such a gracious poster. I am glad you did not take offense to my first post... OR my second. LOL
I agree with you... the written word can soooo easily be misunderstood. That is why I was so worried you misunderstood mine. I am just glad we are both on the same ground.

I must say... in my dreams last night (or rather early this morning) the group was soooo MAD AT ME !!!!
I had terrible nightmares !!! Everyone wrote me angry posts.... defending Jen. They were all in HUGE letters and each one worst than the one before. LOL I almost feared coming here this morning at all.

I am just glad it is all over and done with. No more mention of it .. PLEASE.
I like living in my fantasy that everyone still LOVES ME.

Okay, I was here wayyy too much all night. No computer for me today.
Have a wonderful Monday.

Here is my Monday Motivation in review...
I have titled it.... The C.A.P.E. Crusader.
Commitment Attitude Priorities Enthusiasm

( 2cute goes off singing to the Mighty Mouse tune....
"Here she comes to save the dayyyy... It is the CAPE Crusader ... shes on her wayyyyy"
)

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-27-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:46 PM   #9  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello Chickies

Jehari , BarbPA , determined to succeed , J-Ann, pjkdreamer ,
LuckyLadyBug:

I wrote a nice long relpy and deleated the dang thing I will try and do better next time....

AND 2cute: Of course I still love you, I am willing to bet there isn't anyone here who doesn't!

I am so disapointed in myself I hardly want to post these days...It seems like I do so well at staying OP and then for some completely sensless rationalizing I think I can go off and EAT whatever I want for a day or two...and my scales doesn't lie.
I am paying weekly to go to WW, buying the higher costing low fat foods, and then a stupid bag of chips or a container of icecream can do me in!...Oh no, I can't eat just a handfull of chips or a 1/2 a cup of icecream...not me... What is this all about?
I want to and I HAVE to lose weight and get more fit..or my diabetis, high blood pressure, or whatever will get me sooner than later!!! I am reasonably intelligent, but this is beyond me...I am so ticked at myself...but as Thin says...I am COMMITTED to doing this and I will...I am nearly 13 pounds lighter than I was in September, but it is just a drop in the proverbial bucket!!!!!!! End of rant....

I have been trying to catch up on the posts, and at this time am planning to go to OK for the gathering in April. I am looking so forward to meeting you all who are going.

I am pretty much done with the house stuff, still boxes that I haven't finished going through, I am going to put them in the basement on a table and go thru them when I feel I can handle it emotionally, try and do 1 a week or something. It is weird to see so much of my life in boxes...divorce is not a simple thing.....I am not sorry I left just sorry that I am having to re live some of it everytime I go thru boxes.... The painters will be here when there are a few rain days and then my carpenter will be finishing up the mantel for my wood stove and a computer desk addition with shelving for me. I wanted a place to be able to lay out papers and have room to work. So we designed a plan I think will work out nicely.

I have been busy baby sitting Laura and Sarah ( 2 and 6) grandddughters. Sarah has been having trouble with her stomach tubes and needs to go in tomorrow to have then re done. So she is uncomfortable today. I think I have mentioned she has a tracheostomy and feeding tubes and is deaf...and on a ventalator at night, but she is doing wonderfully well all things considered. Goes to deaf school in the AM and regular school in the afternoons. She always has an pediactric RN or her parents or myself with her. Even when she sleeps. It has been a long 6 years for her folks and all of us who love her so. Sarah is now considered medically fragile not guarded so that is a plus...she is just like any 6 year old , naughty and funny and sweet.
And Laura is just so easy to watch, perfectly contented to play and look at books...very good natured.

Now if I don't lose this post too I will sign off.....

Last edited by Syn; 10-27-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:53 PM   #10  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Alaskan Pudding Pies

Recipe By :from "The Magic of JELL-O"
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Ingredients:
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding & Pie -- (4-serving size) or your favorite flavor

Filling
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
36 large cookies -- your favorite variety

Preparation:
1. Combine milk and pudding mix; blend well. Fold into topping.
2. Spread fillng about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick on half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, pressing lightly and smoothing around edges with knife.
3. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Store in covered container in freezer or wrap individually and store in freezer.

TIP: Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips or nuts to pudding mixture. Roll "pies" in chocolate chips or colored sprinkles before freezing, if desired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : I had a package of Lemon Crisp cookies (these are very large cookies, by the way), Wal-Mart's "Great Value" brand, and a small box of JELL-O instant lemon pudding and pie filling, and used Cool Whip Lite and 1% milk when I made these - - -

Using the above ingredients, I figured 1 Alaskan Pudding Pie = 4 WW points

I'm going to make these again! Next time, I will use (Wal-Mart's) Great Value Oatmeal cookies and vanilla instant pudding...

These are so good, I have tried them. How many points would they be with Fat free sugar free pudding and lite or FF Cool Whip?

Hope you enjoy these treats.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #11  

I'm baaack....agaaaaain!!

Syn: I know how you feel. I'm so terrible with catching up on indivdual replies. When I actually do and it gets deleted, I'm like "oh forget it". The pie sounds yummy!

2Cute: I'm with Syn! Of course we all love you. Silly you!

Later taters!
Jen
Old 10-27-2003, 06:25 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Just trying to pull us up from the trenches so we don't disappear!

I gotta get a couple of assignments emailed to my professor of one class so I can study for the mid-term I have in the other class! I'll be back!

Michelle
Old 10-27-2003, 06:48 PM   #13  

Well, Kat, I didn’t have to park and fight crowds to go to the Mall of America. First, I usually walked because I lived across the street and second I knew when the “slack” time was. Where there is a will there is a way!!!

Kay Welcome! We may not always be good at dieting but we are great at support!

2Cute, thanks I will hold you to your “I will find you a better guy !! Could you look now and send him up here? I would like to get started. About all your posting this weekend – try sleeping! Actually in your sleepless state you were quite inspirational.

Syn, glad you are posting. I missed you when you were gone.

I have the same problems as 2Cute and Syn with eating. For me, I truly believe it is all in my head. I don’t ever physically crave a certain food. I hear some people say they just like to eat but I am very finicky about my food. I also didn’t gain all this weight until I was alone, so I have to really look at that. Well, unless 2Cute gets in gear and sends me that guy. I don’t even enjoy my food. At least not after the first bite – from there on it’s just how much can I shovel in! I know I try to fill myself up using food as a substitute – looking for love to fill me up. So, my question is, “Why doesn’t knowing that help?”

Here is a new thought for you 2Cute:
Losing weight is within my control.
No matter what happens, I’ll stay the course. If I do what is required, I will succeed.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:14 PM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Lucky... the only way you are going to "get lucky" is to come see me in April.
Give me guideline as to what kind of guy you are hunting.
I know a couple of qualifications already. I know you want a Male... but...
did he have to be born male?
Minimum heighth??
I assume you don't want him married already.
Does he have to have a job ?? LOL

Remember... I did not promise he would as tall and good looking... only that he will be a live breathing MALE.
what age is your preference??

I am off to bed tonight. If I come in here tonight at 2am it will that I just woke up... not going to bed.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi All! I need to talk. Can I share about my miserable day??? No? Sorry, I'm going to blab away.....
Let's go back to a week ago when I picked up my 3 dogs at the kennel....when I got home I noticed that Lucy (one of my older ones) had chewed a patch of fur off a hind leg and scratched around her eye - it was raw and painful looking. It looked like it was on the mend so I decided just to keep a close eye on her....flash forward to last night....we had a thunderstorm and Lucy is scared of thunder so she slept in our room. I woke up all night long hearing her scratching. Then Jeff got up at 5:00 to catch a 6:00 train to NY (this is relevant later on). I went to work deciding to call the groomer tonight to get Lucy in for a nice soothing bath --- couldn't find any fleas or anything on her, just seemed irrated....Meanwhile, we have horrible rainstorms today and it takes me FOREVER to get home from work....I arrive home about 7:00.....discover that Lucy has now chewed a big area of fur off her tail....I immediately get her in an oatmeal/dog bath (a dog shampoo)...Now, here I am with 3 dogs, one of them in the shower trying to escape and the other 2 running around trying to "help". When I get Lucy out of the shower and try to dry her off she does the usual doggie shake so now my bathroom looks like a hurricane went through...then she heads for the bed to dry off! So I am chasing her around with a towel and trying to cover my bed with an old sheet....At this point I decide to run to PetSmart to buy a hydrocortisone cream for her....Charlee (chihuahua) and I leave the house in ruins and head to the store....When we get back I fight Lucy to put this spray on her...it seems to make her feel better! So, I figure the bathroom has already been declared a disaster area, why not bathe Heidi (my other older dog). So, it starts all over again....Boy, now things are really a mess.....Jeff finally calls me (it's 9:00pm). He is just now leaving NYC to head home....asks how my day is.... "Just Dandy", get you a$$ home! Grrrr!!! Now it's clean up time --- clean the bathroom from top to bottom, vacuum the bedroom because there is dog hair everywhere.....Time to take the dogs out to go potty.....Heidi and Lucy do their thing and come back in. As they are coming in, my little "angel", Charlee decides to run out in the rain, off the porch and exploring the yard, so here I go, out in the rain in my pjs praying not to step in dog poop to retrieve my little dog.....finally back in, everyone is bathed, house is clean, I am worn out!!!! DH is still not home and he has to take the train back into the city at 6:00 am again. I feel like I am single these days.... I may go on a man hunt with Lucky!

So, that is my day....sorry to talk you ear off. At least it's on-line so it's easier to ignore me than if I was sitting with you...

The GOOD news in all of this???? Yes, there is good news....... I got a pretty good workout with all the action and it makes up (if even slightly) for me not making it to the gym today!!!

Let's hope tomorrow is a brighter day!!!
Love you all!
Closed Thread