Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/275/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Different Kind of Challenge. 28 Days

So I am doing a few different challenges that equal up to 90 days for a challenge in this forum. I found a photo of questions while finding my challenges. Looks like it was edited from the original though. I was thinking as a new person here I want to get to know the people who are all giving me such great advice and making me want to stick to this.
So here is the questions so you can copy and paste! I figure each day you come back and update your response so the thread doesn't get outta control. It makes you look and think about why you are doing this. I guess for the people who find it a bit harder to stay on track this makes you remember to do it because it will make them happy. For the others I cant wait to share and learn about everyone!

Day 1: Your stats
Day 2: How tall are you? Do you like your height?
Day 3: A photo of your inspiration. What do you like about this?
Day 4: Your greatest fears about weight loss.
Day 5: Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?
Day 6: Do you binge? If so explain why you think you do.
Day 7: Does anyone (like a loved one) know your trying to lose weight? If so are they supportive in the right ways?
Day 8: Your workout routine
Day 9: Do people every make comments about your weight in a negative way? If so feel free to vent!
Day 10: What is the hardest thing you are giving up in your weight loss journey?
Day 11: Whats your favorite thread on here and why?
Day 12: What do you love to eat on your diet track
Day 13: Are you losing weight in a healthy way? Or unhealthy (crash diets, not eating right ect)
Day 14: Whats your Ultimate Goal Weight? When do you expect to reach it?
Day 15: Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so has this helped you? If not would you ever consider it?
Day 16: When did you first decide to lose weight? What made you have that aha moment?
Day 17: What is your most liked exercise? Most hated?
Day 18: What food is your weakness?
Day 19: What do you think of when you are having a hard time pushing through your workout?
Day 20: Favorite diet type?
Day 21: What was your highest clothing size? DONT HAVE TO ANSWER THAT IF YOUR NOT COMFORTABLE. INSTEAD TELL US WHAT YOUR FEEL GOOD OUTFIT IS.
Day 22: What was your lowest weight? How and why did you gain?
Day 23:What excites you most about reaching your goal weight?
Day 24: How do you deal with being around tempting foods?
Day 25: What is your favorite body part? How would you feel if it changed from your weight loss?
Day 26: Your definition of beauty?
Day 27: 5 facts about you!
Day 28: What your your stats 28 days later?

Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:
Day 11:
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day 18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21:
Day 22:
Day 23:
Day 24:
Day 25:
Day 26:
Day 27:
Day 28:

Last edited by pixie3208; 06-10-2013 at 02:01 AM.
pixie3208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #2  

Day 1: 5'6" 277lbs
Day 2: Northern Chick I am gonna update mine right here I am 5"6' also and I think its a great height!
Day 3: I have no clue how to upload photos on here, My inspiration is the fact that I know I can do it because I was once smaller in size as I have photos to prove it. I just wanna feel beautiful again.
Day 4: My fear of weight loss...A few. Extreme hanging skin, realizing my face isnt any prettier without all this fat on it, loosing weight to late. Meaning by the time I lose weight it will be to late to have children because something else will go wrong and they will take my other ovary. (Missing one due to 60lb ovarian cyst.)
Day 5: Because I think I look much nicer without all this weight, also because I want to be able to run around and have fun without always being out of breath and sweaty when no one else is
Day 6: Yes def do! I will feel super hungry and shakey and it will not go away unless I eat so much I am way beyond full
Day 7: Everyone does Im chatty ha. My fiance is helping. He pushes me to play just dance, go for walks, and bike rides with him for extra exercise even tho he hates all of those things!
Day 8: Right now just making sure I do some sort of exercise throughout the day. But time to kick it up since all went well with the doctor
Day 9: Ever hear "You would be so pretty if you lost some weight." or "You look nice except..." ha I hear stuff about my weight alllllll the time. when ever I see my parents. they were both very skinny growing up. haha NOT ME
Day 10: Hardest thing I am giving up? Eating as much as I usually do. I need to learn to cut down annddd be happy with it
Day 11: This one cause even tho I do not respond a lot I DO read all of your answers Also the 90 day fitness challenge It makes me feel guilty if I dont do what I need to be doing
Day 12: I love Edys Fruit Bars 60 calories and made with real fruit. Not an everyday thing but its good!
Day 13: Id say healthy
Day 14: I ultimately want to weigh 160 because that is the healthy weight for my height. Id hope to reach it in at most a year and a half
Day 15: No I love meat. I am italian MEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT
Day 16: I decided to lose weight because I have to much chin! Ha I am fat I had a 60lb ovarian cyst growing off my ovary up my abdomen and I ignored it because I thought it was just fat. Had surgery and now I am ready to move it because I never want something like that to happen again
Day 17: Most liked exercise? I like p90x ab ripper x CRUNCHY FROG and I like just dance . I absolutely hate jumping jacks they hurt my boobs even with a bra on and give me a friggen head ache!
Day 18: SALLLLAAAMMIIIII haha
Day 19: I keep telling myself to do it I say I dont want to be fat I dont want to not breath GOTTA GO GOTTA GO
Day 20: The only eat icecream diet Ha Im kidding. Umm Idk Just cutting portions
Day 21: A lot higher then any of yours ha My pants a 24 Yep. Time to change that. Now I wear a 22 Must go down!
Day 22: Well I was born at...ha kidding. Prolly only 150 I gained because I got lazy. I dated someone for four years who would only sit around and eat and watch tv I got into that mold.
Day 23: It will be just in time for wedding dress shopping for my wedding on August 29th 2015
Day 24: If I want something like a little slice of cake at a birthday party I take just that. A LITTLE slice better then what I used to do. "Oh 6 pies? Ill have a giant slice of each please!"
Day 25: My booty cause thats what my fiance likes. I am hoping it gets nicer and not disappears!
Day 26: I dont think I have one :/
Day 27: I obsess over stuff
I would paint my nails every single day if I could
I have had my hair any color you could think!
I loooovvve makeup
My other four facts make me feel superficial

Day 28: Down 12 pounds woot!!!

Last edited by pixie3208; 07-03-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5"6

I absolutely LOVE this idea, Pixie! Thank you! Welcome to 3FC! I've been here since January and I call it home now!!!! Pretty much all of the computers at the school I work at have it saved. Just enter "3" in any website browser and it pops up!

Day 1: 5"6, 169.3 lbs (and have been the same for the past 3 weeks!)

Looking forward to learning more about everyone!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5"6

Hey Pixie! It's Day 2!

I am 5"6 and I love my height. Not too short, not too tall! I wish I was taller for the sake of my BMI, but otherwise, I am down!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #5  

I just updated mine so there all together
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Day 1: 5'6, 29 year old female, don't care about the weight cuz I'm feelin good
Day 2: 5'6...I love my height. If I had to change it I'd shave off 2 inches so I could be shorter than my boyfriend. Hehe, I don't mind it, but it would make him happy.
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #7  

Welcome 100mother!
My fiance is much taller then me so I never have to worry unless I wear heels. Cause I wear hiiiiiiiggghhhh heels ha then I am like his height and he hates that
Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #8  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Pixie...what a great idea! I will join in.

Day 1: I'm 55 years old and I weigh less and less each week....currently at 168 lbs.

Day 2: I'm 5'5". I guess I'm ok with my height, but when I was younger, I was 5'7". So, I've shrunk with age! (It's a shame I didn't shrink width-wise) I used to like being 5'7", but that's a thing of the past.

Day 3: I'm not very good at uploading photos, but my inspiration would be a photo of Tuscany, Italy...and this little story explains my username. My daughter is getting married next year and the wedding will be in Tuscany. I raised her as a single parent, and she has asked me to walk her down the aisle. So, whenever I'm tempted to cheat on my diet, I think about Tuscany and the wedding, and I ask myself: Do I want chocolate? Or do I want to look good when I'm walking my daughter down the aisle? So far, chocolate has always lost!

Day 4: Like others have said, my biggest fear of losing weight is failing to lose it...or losing it, only to gain it all back again. However, I am determined to get it off and keep it off this time. Here's hoping!

Day 5: I want to lose the weight so I am happier with the way I look. Plus I'd really like to shop for clothes and for once just buy what I LIKE, rather than having to buy only those clothes that will hide how big this is, or won't show how fat that is.

Day 6: Binge? Hmmm...not normally. There are certain things that I keep eating until they're all gone, such as potato chips. I just can't seem to see them sitting idle in the bag! But, other than that, I don't binge.

Day 7: Both of my kids and my parents know I'm trying to lose weight and they're all very supportive. My son is a personal trainer and he also gives me a lot of diet and exercise tips.

Day 8: Time/work permitting, my workout routine to date has been (1) 45-minute daily power walk outside, weather permitting, or on my treadmill otherwise, and (2) daily weight-lifting...one day upper body, next day lower body, with Friday as a rest day. As of Wednesday, I'll be off work for 2 months, and I'll be adding biking and swimming to the mix, along with a few other things!

Day 9: Fortunately, I've never experienced any negative comments about my weight, at least not that I recall.

Day 10: My weight loss journey is really a change in lifestyle journey, which involves not only eating healthy but also getting fit and living healthy. That lifestyle change included quitting smoking, which was the hardest thing I've had to give up on this journey. I quit the same day I started dieting (100 days ago today), and I'm soooo happy that I've been able to quit AND lose 24 lbs (so far) at the same time.

Day 11: My favorite thread is the daily weight loss challenge since the need to report daily helps to keep me motivated.

Day 12: My favorite food on my diet is a little treat I allow myself a couple of times a week: a small (one-stick) fudgsicle...no fat and only 40 calories.

Day 13: I'm losing in a healthy way. I'm not on any special diet. I'm just restricting my calories/carbs and eating a good amount of protein...lots of salmon, grilled chicken, salads and steamed veggies. My treats or "deserts" (I have one and only one of these every day) include Greek yoghurt, fruit, a protein bar, or my 40 calorie fudgsicle.

Day 14: My goal weight is 125, although I might change that as time goes along. I'm more interested in how I look and feel than what the scale says. So, if I get to 135 and I'm happy, then I'll stop. Alternatively, if I get to 125 and I'm not happy, then I'll keep going. I'm also not too focused on time. It will take as long as it takes (although I'll be really happy if I can get to goal by next Spring!).

Day 15: I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian, and I would never consider either. I rarely eat red meat...but I love seafood and chicken.

Day 16: I've been bouncing up and down between 160 and 190 for quite a few years. A few months ago, in March, I decided to quit smoking. I was worried that, by quitting, I would put on even more weight. So, I decided to diet at the same time. I quit smoking and started my diet on March 11, 2013...and have been doing very well with both so far. I'm also able to exercise better since I quit smoking. As a result, my eating habits and exercise have now become more of a lifestyle change than just a diet, which makes me believe I will be successful in losing the weight this time around.

Day 17: My most liked exercise is walking (outside, as opposed to on a treadmill). My most hated exercise is weight lifting. I just find it boring, but I do it anyway.

Day 18: I don't really have any particular food that is a weakness, at least not in the sense of something I can't stay away from. My "weakness" (or problem) is most often lack of time. My job is very demanding, often requiring me to work 16-to-18 hour days, 7 days a week, for weeks on end. When that happens, I turn to fast food to save time (although I don't particularly enjoy fast food). I need to break that habit.

Day 19: If I'm having a hard time with my workout, I think of my daughter's wedding next year and how happy I will be if I am at goal on that day...that motivates me to keep going.

Day 20: My favorite diet type is what I'm doing now and that is no special diet. I eat healthy...lots of protein, limit carbs (in the form of bread, pasta, etc.) and limit portions. I'm hoping that will start to establish long-term habits.

Day 21: My highest clothing size was a size 16 in pants and a size 14 (or XL) in tops. I suspect I never got any bigger than size 16 because whenever I had to start wearing my size 16 pants, I would say to myself "it's time to go on a diet"!

Day 22: My lowest weight was 6 lbs, 6 oz, which is what I weighed the day I was born. Then my mother starting feeding me, which explains why I gained weight. On a more serious note, my lowest weight as an adult was 125 lbs. I've gained over the years mainly due to stresses of my work (see Day 18 where I speak about turning to fast food and other "time savers" when things get too hectic at work), plus not paying enough attention to eating healthy and exercising regularly.

Day 23: What excites me most about reaching goal is feeling comfortable with my body and being able to wear/shop for clothes that I truly like, rather than wearing clothes that I buy primarily to hide this or that. For example, being able to wear sleeveless tops rather than always having to wear sleeves to hide my fat upper arms.

Day 24: When I'm around tempting foods I just ignore them. I ask myself what would I rather have: A few minutes pleasure from eating the tempting food, followed by guilt for the rest of the day? Or a feeling of satisfaction all day followed by ultimate success in reaching my goal? So far the second answer has won every time.

Day 25: My favorite body part is my waist. My waist always stays small relative to the rest of me, which means I tend to have an "hourglass" figure and my relatively smaller waist makes the rest of me look smaller. Also, whenever I lose weight, my waist behaves itself...meaning I always lose from my waist first. I still have a ways to go before I'm happy with my weight, but even going from 190 to 162, I have noticed the biggest difference in my waist and I'm starting to look good in clothes again mainly because of the weight loss in my waist.

Day 26: Beauty can take many forms...physical, a kind heart, etc. But to me, many of the most beautiful things in the world are those found in nature as opposed to in people: a beautiful sunset, the way the sun glistens on water, an escarpment full of trees just changing into their fall colors, a winter wonderland scene following the first snowfall. These sights often take my breath away.

Day 27: Five facts: (1) I have 2 adult children who are the 2 loves of my life; (2) I also love my career and I'm a bit of a workaholic; (3) As important as my job/career is, my family comes first...which includes my children and my parents; (4) I'm otherwise a bit of a loner. When I'm not with my family, I prefer to spend my time with nature and animals as opposed to attending parties with lots of people; (5) I'm generally a very happy person and I rarely get angry or upset.

Day 28: Well, it's 4 weeks later and I've moved from 168 to 161.5, for a 6.5 lb loss...or an average loss of about 1.5 lbs per week. Considering that I'm 55, I can't complain about that progress!

Last edited by Tuscany; 07-06-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #9  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Ooh nice thread

Day 1: 5'5", 228 lbs and 29 yrs old

Day 2: I'm 5'5" tall. I like my height. I think it's just fine

Day 3: I don't have A photo that inspires me. All the success stories and goal pics on 3FC are inspiring. My own profile photo inspires me because all these years I have seen myself as someone big, fat and unhealthy and I never thought it was something that could be changed. Now that I am in the process of becoming healthier, I see a difference and I am starting to accept that yes, it is possible. My old pics of me at my highest weight motivate me. Seeing myself fit into smaller clothes inspires me even more

Day 4: my greatest fear about losing weight is failing!!! This one time I do not want to fail at all. I want to hit goal hard!!!

Day 5: I want to lose weight because I am finally fed up of being fat and being judged for being fat. Appearances are such a big deal and I feel I have missed out on a lot just because I do not look skinny. I am doing it for myself. Finally after all these years, it is all about me!

Day 6: I used to binge before I started on this weight loss journey. I think I did it mainly for comfort and cause I was in denial about my weight. I knew that I was not supposed to binge but I always told myself nothing would happen and I would go ahead and overload on the chocolates and junk food.. something that I don't want to do ever again!!!

Day 7: Yes!! My family, friends and bf know I am trying to lose weight and my bf is my backbone!! He is the one who made me realize that I need to do this for myself and my family is more than happy to see me happy and healthy. Though friends tend to put a block on my plan by offering me drinks n junk food with their 'just have one', 'just for today' and blah but NO means NO and I think they are getting the message slowly.

Day 8: Try to move more. Take the stairs to my 6th floor office everyday. Hit the gym and do at least 1 hour of cardio (a mix of running on treadmill, elliptical, bike) and I try to mix in weights and core exercises now and then. But it's mostly cardio for now.

Day 9: Now and then a few friends have made some comments but I let it pass cause I was aware of how I looked and that I was fat and unhealthy. Back then I was in denial and just laughed it off. Now I don't let it get to me cause I know I am on plan and pretty soon I will give the same people a reason to appreciate my efforts and be proud of me

Day 10: The hardest thing that I am giving up is my social life. All the late night outs drinking and the random 2am binges with girlfriends after getting drunk on cheap wine. I am definitely not hanging out with my friends as much as I used to last year. I won't say they pull me down but it is tough to stay on plan AND have the same amount of "fun" as I used to. Tough choices have to be made I guess.

Day 11: My fave thread is the daily accountability thread where I log my daily exercise and weekly weigh ins. It keeps me on track cause I don't want to fall off the wagon with so many people watching on 3FC

Day 12: I love eating veges and fruits now. Fruits more so, I never used to eat any fruit before. Now I eat at least one fruit DAILY !! Also, I noticed I love green peas a lot in my salads. Funny how peas have replaced onion rings and fries!! (eww)

Day 13: I am losing weight in a healthy way. I am watching what I eat and sometimes I do eat what I should not be eating, like sweets and the occasional ice cream. But I eat just a spoon or two and I am done. This way I am not on a crazy diet and I can be at peace knowing that when I get to maintenance, I won't balloon back as soon as I start eating all the 'bad' foods. Everything in moderation right now coupled with daily exercises seems to be the key.

Day 14: My ultimate goal weight is 150 lbs. I would love to weigh a little less than that (my bf is 145 lbs, I am trying to get him to bulk up a bit so he weighs a bit more than me when I reach goal ) I hope to reach goal by the end of the year. I know I am being a bit too hopeful. Realistically, I think I will reach goal by beginning of next year.

Day 15: I was a vegetarian for a whole year last year and I weighed my highest !!! So I don't think being a vegan or a vegetarian is the key to losing weight. There are so many factors involved like denial, stress, bad eating habits, bad lifestyle habits, lack of exercise that add to one becoming unhealthy even if they choose to eat only vegetables. There is more to weight loss than just what you eat. I am damn sure of that now!

Day 16: I have been struggling with weight issues for too long now. The longest relationship I have been in (8yrs) fell apart cause I got lazy and stopped taking care of myself. My ex-bf gave up on me and called me a loser and for some reason that didn't make me want to do anything positive at all. That made me want to rebel more and not listen and well once the ego takes over, what can you do other than be in denial? I decided to do this for good after I met my current bf. I met him at my highest weight and he looked beyond all the fat and made me realize that I could be a better person for myself and how my life would turn around if I just gave it a shot. People do judge fat people, like it or not. Once you find someone who believes in you and changes your entire mindset, you WANT to be better for that person and you WANT that person to be proud of you. I don't want to be an embarrassment for the people I love. I know they love me irrespective of how I look but like it or not, there are and will be people who will point out your flaws and I don't want to put the people I love in that position where they won't be able to defend me or where they might feel a bit embarrassed because of me. Never !!

Day 17: My most liked exercise is running on the treadmill. My most hated exercise is running on the treadmill. I like it when it's done. I hate the thought of starting it

Day 18: Ice creams!!! I stay away though. I have a good enough will power

Day 19: There are days when I get back home from work and I just want to do nothing but slump on the couch and pet my cat. Those low moments when I don't want to do anything and be lazy, I just tell myself to do one thing at a time. Like get up from the couch. Once I'm up, I tell myself to change into workout clothes and put on my shoes. Next, reach for my car keys and ipod. Once I am out the door, I know I have won half the battle.

Day 20: Counting Calories !!!

Day 21: Biggest clothing size was a 22W (would have been ashamed to admit it but I am not because just yesterday I bought myself a size 16 dress pants for work )

Day 22: I don't remember my lowest weight. As far as I know I was ALWAYS overweight. All the way from junior high up until now. The fat kid, the fat girl, the fat woman. That was me

Day 23: Seeing the people I care most about being proud of me and the thought of wearing all those really cool clothes that I never even thought I could wear. Somehow, those clothes were NEVER made for me. That mentality has changed. Those clothes ARE made for me and one day I WILL wear those outfits that only 'those' girls wear.

Day 24: I am surrounded by tempting food and people who tempt me with food and the only way to stay away is by saying "No". No means No. That's it.

Day 25: My favorite body part? I never had one. Now I am starting to like my legs. I want them to get thinner, I am sure I will love them once I reach goal

Day 26: Beauty to me is when you are comfortable in your own skin and when you are happy on the inside, it shows on the outside. I firmly believe in that.

Day 27: 5 facts about me? Hmm.. I'm going to get back to this one later.

Day 28: 28 days later I weigh 225 lbs!! aah booo!!!! Need to work harder

Last edited by nitrus29; 07-02-2013 at 06:34 PM.
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #10  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

This sounds like fun!

Day 1: 40 years young , 223 pounds today (going down daily)

Day 2: I'm 5'2", by far the shortest in my family. I'd rather be a few inches taller.

Day 3: I don't have an inspiration photo. I find inspiration in random places. I get inspired by the people here on 3FC daily, my daughter (ranked #1 in her class and an athlete) inspires me, I find inspiration in nature, etc.

Day 4: my biggest fears about weight loss are the same as my biggest fears in everything I do = FAILURE! I'm an all-or-nothing perfectionist kind of personality. I fear if things slow down I'll quit.

Day 5: when I started I wanted to lose the weight to someday be pain free. Now a few months into the journey, I'm continuing because I love the feeling of success when I step on the scale and it goes down, or when I feel normal walking through the mall with my daughter...

Day 6: I don't binge anymore, but I did daily (every night - late) before I started Medifast. The reasons are too numerous to go into detail on a challenge thread, plus I'm over it - not willing to relive the past...

Day 7: pretty much everyone I know knows I'm trying to lose weight. I believe that everyone is being supportive in the best way they know how. I'm a firm believer that people do the best they can and when they know better, they do better. If people aren't supporting me the way I need them to, it's my responsibility to let them know what I need.

Day 8: if only I could actually stick to a routine when it comes to working out! I started the 100-days of exercise challenge a couple weeks ago and I think I'm up to 12-days. I have pretty severe arthritis in my knees and shoulder so activities are limited. So far I'm sticking to the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home program. So far I've only done the 1-mile routines, hoping to bump it up to 2 miles next week.

Day 9: nobody makes negative comments about my weight (at least not to my face).

Day 10: carbs. I miss carbs so bad I could cry.
Day 11:
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day 18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21:
Day 22:
Day 23:
Day 24:
Day 25:
Day 26:
Day 27:
Day 28:

Last edited by SuperHeroTeacher; 06-19-2013 at 05:22 PM.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1

Aww, this is a nice kind of idea. I love how you start with stats and just general questions, no kinds of goals with food or exercise or anything and finish with your stats 28 days. I'm in! Great to get to know other people here too.

143lbs

5'0. I do and I don't. I would like to be a bit taller, like 5'6ish would be nice.

I have a picture of myself which I rather not upload. It was me on holidays in Spain in 2010. I was at my highest of around 154lbs and I just look at the picture and the rest from that holiday and wish I had looked better. I would not like to be that weight again, isn't I rather be slim and healthy. Also, I bought two dresses in a smaller size that I am determined to look great in come November. This is more inspiration for me to keep on going.

I've had previous issues with eating. While I was never underweight, I lost weight in an unhealthy matter. My goal is nearly 15lbs lower than my lowest weight I had reached at that time. My biggest fear is that I won't be happy at my goal and want to lose more and more. It's something I think about often enough and I just hope I am happy with my body when I reach my goal and won't want to keep on going.

It is mostly a vanity reason. I want to look good, slim and healthy. I am 100% doing this for me and nobody else.

From time to time, yes. I actually just had a two binge during the week. It was the first time in months because it's rare these days. Usually I am able to stop myself. But I'm back on track now.

Day 7: Does anyone (like a loved one) know your trying to lose weight? If so are they supportive in the right ways?
Majority of my friends know and my mum knows. That's about it really. All very supportive, never had any unsupportive comments made to me so far.

I change my workout routine to suit my schedule. For this month, June, my aim is 45 miles walking and 24 weight lifting days. I have split my weight lifting into 3 different amount of sets/reps for 8 days each. This is working for me so I may have this routine for July also.

Day 9: Do people ever make comments about your weight in a negative way? If so feel free to vent!
Trying to remember, but I don't think anyone ever has. Even when I was at my heaviest.

Day 10: What is the hardest thing you are giving up in your weight loss journey?
I haven't given up anything. I suppose what I could relate this question too would be my freedom with food. For example, I was never strict with food. I ate as much as I felt like, loads of junk and sweet food with plenty of fizzy drinks. Now, I try to be more strict on this issue and reduce the bad foods. It can be very difficult - especially when I just want to eat everything bad under the sun.

I'm enjoying this one right now. But other than that, it would be this topic - 100 Days of Exercise Challenge. It's helping me keep motivated! Today is Day 20 and I'm about to get up and get my exercise in for the day.

Everything! I still eat everything I always have since I don't follow a strict diet. However, I limit myself in bad or unhealthy foods. When I'm on a good few weeks with my food, I love to enjoy a chocolate bar or something sweet!

Day 13: Are you losing weight in a healthy way? Or unhealthy (crash diets, not eating right ect)
Not at all. Watching my foods and trying to eat right and exercise - think it's the best way.

112lbs. I've no idea when I'll reach it. I wanted it by September last year, then December 31st and then June 1st and never got there. Between having a stressful last year and falling off the wagon a few times, I didn't get very far. I don't want to put a time limit on it now and end up disappointed if I don't get it by that date. So now I just have a goal and I will reach it when my hard work pays off.

Day 15: Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so has this helped you? If not would you ever consider it?
I am neither. Um, don't thinks so, nope. But I've never really thought about it.

Day 16: When did you first decide to lose weight? What made you have that aha moment?
February 2012. I had gone to the doctor and got weighed (first time in around 3 months since the scale broke) and I had lost around 12/14lbs. I just thought if I could do that without any effort, what could effort do. I started then June last year, lost weight and then gained it back during the start of this year. But since April/May time I've been back trying to shift it! This time I'll be successful!

I've done different things, my main exercise is walking and weight lifting both which I enjoy. Of course I have the days where I just do not want to do anything. There isn't really anything I hate which I have done.

Has to be chocolate and sweet things.

Day 19: What do you think of when you are having a hard time pushing through your workout?
If I'm struggling I usually just tell myself to keep on going, you're nearly there! I like exercising, I enjoy it really. But there are times when I struggle. I think of the end results.

Day 20: Favorite diet type?
I don't and never had followed a diet that is ready made. I like to do my own thing and just watch what I'm eating

Day 21: What was your highest clothing size?
My highest was a UK16(US12).

Lowest was around 125lbs. I was around 16 during the summer and was with my friends more and more. I started not eating but I wasn't doing this on purpose at the start. Then people were commenting that I had lost weight and I started to do it on purpose. After the summer, I went back to school and my old routine set back in, I was back eating and gained everything back straight away. Eventually I got to my highest of 154lbs.

Day 23: What excites you most about reaching your goal weight?
I have this vision of looking great in what I wear and also feeling good in my own skin! It's more the feeling good and happy about my body that I'm looking forward too most.

Not going to lie, a lot of the time I do give in but my food plan is just to restrict the amounts of sugary foods/junk food I eat.

Day 25: What is your favorite body part? How would you feel if it changed from your weight loss?
My favourite part of my body has always been my legs. I carry my weight around my stomach, so my legs have always looked rather slim which I love! Everyone always compliments them. I have lost weight from them, and I've developed more muscle in them.

Beauty to me isn't about looks. In terms of a person, I think it's about how one feels about themselves on the inside.

• I lost weight, gained it all back again in the space of 3 months.
  • Chocolate and sweet foods are my weakness.
  • I enjoy exercising.
  • I'm surprised how I've done with now that I'm working. I thought I'd be totally lazy and fail.
  • I've no idea how I will feel when I get to goal.

Day 28: What are your stats 28 days later?
140lbs. To be fair, I did continue to go up and down all of June because my eating was all over the place. I was 142 on July 1st again.

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 07-07-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #12  

WELCOME EVERYONE!
Cant wait to get a little personal with everyone!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I really like this idea!

Day 1: 46 years old and 168.6 lbs
Day 2: 5'4" and I'd like to be 5'6" or 7"
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:
Day 11:
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day 18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21:
Day 22:
Day 23:
Day 24:
Day 25:
Day 26:
Day 27:
Day 28:
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #14  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I, too, LOVE this idea!!! I'm in!

Day 1: 27 and 166.6lbs.

Day 2: 5'2 and half. I wish I were a few inches taller like 5'5 or 5'6!

Day 3: This one motivates me to keep going and not to give up.. Maybe not this summer but for sure the next one, I'll be ready!

Day 4: My greatest fear is failure, that I will make goal, get too lax about things then re-gain everything plus more.

Last edited by amandie; 06-12-2013 at 11:12 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/145/120

Height: 5'5"

This is a great idea Pixie, thanks for bringing everyone together!

29 yrs old, female, 5'5", 145lbs, 36/29/40
I'm 5'5". Sometimes I wish I were taller but only for a faster metabolism.
I don't know how to upload a photo here but my inspiration photo is of me about two years ago at 115lbs. The reason this is my inspiration is because I know I can have that again. Rather than having a photo of someone else who most likely has a different body type of mine, a photo of me I know can be achieved.
My greatest fear is that I will fail. Or, that I will never find a middle ground that includes a healthy lifestyle and a strong social life...that there will always be a struggle between the two.
I want to lose my weight because my weight gain has been from very poor lifestyle habits recently and is now a symbol of that. My weight loss would be a symbol of new health.
Yes. I think I binge to punish myself...which is kinda contradictory because I am usually punishing myself for eating something that I don't want in my diet and then I am just like "screw it! I'm gonna eat the whole kitchen!"
My bf knows I am trying to lose weight. He is supportive in some aspects but he still keeps bringing home junk food. I tell him I have no self control when that stuff is in the house but I think he thinks I'm joking, or maybe doesn't understand the extent of my addiction.
I usually have a gym routine that consists of about 3x a week but since the weather has gotten warmer, I have just been trying to be more active in life. I go hiking once a week, or rafting. I have been trying to start running again but that has been **** on my knees. If I find a pool that's available, I enjoy swimming.
Day 9: Do people every make comments about your weight in a negative way? If so feel free to vent!
Not that I am aware of.
I want to say freedom;however, having the freedom to eat whatever I want turns into a binge which traps me every time anyway. So I think the hardest thing is not something I have to give up, but something that I will most likely have to be aware of and pay attention to for the rest of my life. I have to accept that my addiction will affect every decision I make for the rest of my life. That is the hardest thing.
I am still fairly new to the forum and do a lot of browsing around. I don't really have a favorite thread because so many of them are helpful and it's nice to know that I am not alone.
Fruit! Fruit! Fruit! I've started calling my fruit bowls "bowl-a-skittles". I cut up mango, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, apricots, peaches, apples, cherries, blackberries, raspberries, and by the time I put everything in the bowl it's all the colors of the rainbow. Plus, when I get that undeniable sweet tooth, it really takes the edge off while actually making me full.
Day 13: Are you losing weight in a healthy way? Or unhealthy (crash diets, not eating right ect)I am definitely losing in a healthy way. I have always been healthy and understand health very well. I have a BA in nutrition and had my own personal training business for awhile. My problem is binge eating and food addiction. One time a client caught me eating junk, I could only respond with "Do as I say, not as I do."
My weight goal is 120, but once I am able to maintain that for awhile I may make it 115. I could reach my goal in three months but sometimes my addiction gets the best of me for days at a time which makes my ETA hard to say.
Negative, negative, negative! Haha. I incorporate about 75% of my food intake toward a raw/living food diet but I HAVE to have some animal in my diet as well to feel my best.
I have gained and lost weight my whole life. So it is a decision that I have made many times. I think what is different this time is, even though I want to lose weight and have that hot bod, I really want to stop binging and work on my addiction. To treat my body with some love and respect.
My favorite exercises are outdoor things, like kayaking, swimming, volleyball, frisbee, etc. My most hated is indoor cardio.
I think a better question would be, "What food ISN'T my weakness?"
I will just try to focus on my music to make the time go faster.
Day 20: Favorite diet type?My own. I take what I think to be the best aspects of certain diets and beliefs and kinda make a personalized diet. The Itty Bitty Britt Bit Diet.
Day 21: What was your highest clothing size?
I think it was a 12 or 14.
My lowest weight was 115. I have been struggling with a food addiction for almost 15 years with binge eating being my most detrimental symptom, I lost control and gained.
Day 23:What excites you most about reaching your goal weight?
Day 28: What your your stats 28 days later?

Last edited by BrittBit; 06-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.
BrittBit is offline   Reply With Quote