South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday June 10

Good Morning

Yesterday was our busiest yet at work...I pitched alot of calories at folks, for sure. We went to bed early and now DH is in his shop and I'm enjoying some quiet time, coffee and chores. Food has been OP and with the extra exercise at work the scale has been my friend lately. Thats good news since we are now about 6 weeks from DD's wedding in Minnesota.

What's on your Monday agenda?? Stop and chat :coffdate:

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Debbie and sleeping chicks! Kudos on the scale being kind. Weddings can be so stressful. Glad you are enjoying a little quiet time this morning.

One day down, three more to go. Why must the alarm go off so early lol.

Nothing new, exciting or planned. Except a few days on P1. Been a little "blah" lately and have been mindlessly eating. Time to check myself. I think I need a few days at the beach (well if it ever stops raining). I don't remember the last time I was even at a beach. I do have vacation time in July. I think it is time I start planning something.

Have a great day
Old 06-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Work work work. That is really all I have planned. One of these days I will get a social life. It is raining here. That kind of stinks because I want to walk to work this morning. We will see if it lets up.

Nothing too interesting going on with me. I am trying to decide what my reward is going to be once I reach goal.

What is going on with everyone else?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie for me. I am taking my car in to get her first oil change. I've had it over a year and the magic message finally showed on the screen - after 15,000 K! Gotta love these cars that communicate. I still have not figured out all the bells and whistles. It's a Ford Focus.

After that, if the rain holds off, I'll do some more outside planting. Fingers crossed.

Happy Monday.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Gotta love being woken up by the crash of thunder and lightening on a Monday morning.

Ruth, I've always gotten my oil changed every 3000 miles, but my new car doesn't need it's first one until 4000 miles. I hope it's a quick in-and-out for you.

Debbie, you sure were up awfully early! Will you be able to catch a nap later?

Jennifer, I'm giving serious consideration to a few days of Phase 1 myself since I've been overdoing it on the carbs. I seem to be craving them lately.

Hannahbeanies, have a good day at work!

It's raining hard here and the traffic reports are saying a lot of roads and underpasses are flooded, so my drive to the farm should be fun. I know the family had company all weekend so I'll have my work cut out for me.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh, Jennifer and Linda, I'm starting phase I myself today. I do have some delicious sounding food prepared though ~ tomato and avocado egg salad for breakfast, and red cabbage and chicken asian salad for lunch! Hopefully it will all keep me happy! I'm a little curious too, I've been having achy joints for a while (before i started walking so much again), and I'm wondering if the lack of wheat will help. (I kinda hope not!)

Lexiss - yay! for a good scale!

Ruth - wow, an oil change at 15K!? That's awesome!

Hannah - it's raining here too. I'm glad I didn't get up to walk, it's just too heavy today. Maybe later?

It was a good weekend, other than having to work. We took the kids to a fishing thingee, and they LOVED it...so of course we had to go and refill our ancient tackle box, and go again last night. I've also planned out a menu for the week so I can eat better and not be stranded.

The kids are on their new schedule now, which will be weird. I take them directly to a friend's house before work. I lost my little 1/2 hour gap to get niggles done!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm off to they gym today. Later DH and I are running some errands together as we try to supply ourselves for our Alaskan adventure. I've never planned so much and so early! But it sure helps when we have to order things online.

Have a good one.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Back from camping and trying to get my brain back in the work routine. Looks like a couple of days of rain around here so no outside work even though I came home to 2 new boxes Wed. Plenty of laundry, cooking, and cleaning to do though so I'm sure I won't be bored.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy your Asian chicken salad sounds delicious. Care to share the recipe? I need some new summer go to meals I do notice I have less joint swelling on P1. Hmmmm never thought wheat could be the culprit I always blamed sugar lol
Old 06-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone. Hannahbeanies, you can have a day at the spa, as a reward. I am going to the bank, later today. I need to deposit the security deposit that I got back, from California. Have a great day!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning all!

I just decided to get down to it and start back on phase 1 of SBD. I have gained back some weight and am hoping by the end of this month to be back under 200

Had a busy weekend with TWO birthdays, so eating wasn't great, but I'm definitely 100% back on it, even got headache medicine in case I have a carb withdrawal today lol.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jekel, it was delicious!! Good ole Kalyn!

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/01...ian-salad.html
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 130/138/130

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I'm Sabine. I successfully did SBD 12+ years ago and kept the weight off...til now. Now my hormones have decided that what has always worked no longer works. sigh.

So I'm here for a tune up and to lose the 5-8LBs that are creeping on.

I run 5-10k every other day. I lift weights, and I have lived in my own version of phase 3 for over a decade (I say my own because I don't eat much bread, of any kind, and generally choose a corn tortilla).

I guess that's all for now. Be seeing you around!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Sabine! It's not even funny the way our hormones change over the years. I used to be able to eat anything, when now it seems all I need to do is look at food and I gain.

Good luck this time around, and be sure to check out the updated food lists. There have been some changes since 12 years ago.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Late afternoon check in here. After a day and a half break it is starting to rain again. At least I won't have to water the annuals I planted yesterday! I'm ready for some real summer weather to stick around.

Funny how many of us are cutting back in an effort to stop the creep. The "occasional" dark chocolate and red wine has been getting out of control so I'm tightening things up myself. It's the extras that get me. (I hardly eat grains and only limited fruit, but I'm pretty sure my fruit is not the weight creep culprit!)

Welcome back, Sabine!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Closed Thread