Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #1  
Away we go!!!!!! (pounds)

Default Help! I think I need to change diets!

I suppose I sound like a chronic complainer but here goes anyway. I am thinking of switching diets to Somersize or something else because of the terrible way I feel. I keep reading how great everyone feels after a few days on Atkins and I feel terrible. I started Atkins 10/13/03 and have lost 9 pounds as of today. I am very pleased with the weight loss but I continue to be exhausted. I have tried to be patient but it is impacting my life too much. Today I walked across the street to the neighbors and it wore me out. My legs feel like they weigh a ton.

Any suggestions on something effective I might try.
Thanks
Clynne
Old 10-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #2  
reaching my goals

I feel really tired if I don't take lots of vitamins. I've never found the abundance of energy that everyone talks about. Are you taking vitamins and are you eating enough? I'm more tired when I don't eat enough. Overall I don't think I feel like most everyone else feels.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:02 PM   #3  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Hope you feel better!!

Clynne,

Before you read Somersizing - read The Schwarzbein Principle. It's similar to Atkins, but not quite so regimented. I really liked the book, too.... and bought her cookbook which has good ideas for Atkins recipes, too.

Just a plug - no, I don't work for her, but I have read her work.

I hope you feel better soon - I do feel great on this diet unless I cheat!! Then, I feel just awful!! But, I do have more energy.

Make sure you're eating enough and getting enough fat!

As someone told me this past week - go eat some bacon!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:25 AM   #4  

Thank you Supersized and Storybook Momma.....I do take the Atkins recommended vitamins so that is not it and I am not cheating. I may not be eating enough though.....I don't have much of an appetite and I thought that was good! I am starting to think after talking to a friend nurse of mine that I may have heart blockage. I am also getting a fasting blood sugar test this morning. I am going to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
Clynne
Old 10-27-2003, 09:39 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Clynne, I felt sooo tired for I'd say a good month or even two. Don't give up. I bet you'll feel the same on any weight loss plan you choose, it just takes time for the body to adjust.

It took me a long time to adjust but boy, I'm glad I stuck with it. I've learned alot along the way, every day something new. I've never felt like climbing a mountain and I don't think I ever will, but I do feel so much more better eating like this.

I would think with rapid weight loss the body is going to feel tired.

Hang in there !!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #6  
I KNOW I can!!

I am one of the lucky ones - I get much energy from Atkins - bouncy, not as cranky (this is a good thing lately). I do know from the past when I did Atkins that I had leg cramps and maybe some potassium supplements would help.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:51 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Exclamation

Clynne - after looking at some of your posts, I don't think you're really doing induction and that could be a large part of your problem. Unwavering devotion to the list of acceptable foods is an absolute must in order to get your body moving in the right direction and feeling good about it. I recommend going to the Atkins website or your Atkins book (if you have it) and really getting familiar with what you can and can't have in the first two weeks. It's not just about staying under 20 grams of carbs, it's also about eating the right kinds of things.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Hello my first two week's I felt sluggish but when I started taking vitamins in the morning I have felt great.I take my one a day everyday and E and C side and that chrome stuff lol
Old 10-28-2003, 03:51 PM   #9  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Star -

Thanks for posting this. I need this reminder from time to time as well. I do try to stay under 20 but have found myself wavering on those "other" foods every so often.

I need to reread chapter 11 again - and visit the website just so those "Rules of Induction" are ingrained.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:35 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone for responding. You make me feel so welcome and I appreciate the support. Star Princess, I appreciate your comments and will make sure I am following the book to the letter. Today I felt good for the first time since I started. Maybe things are going to get better.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:55 PM   #11  

Default Hi

To the one who feels sluggish, eat more fats, like bacon,with a boiled egg. The combo will give you more engery,also make sure you are eating 20 carbs a day, and try and keep it in that area, thats your engery,part of the diet. Make sure you eat the low gly veggies,on page 11.

I left atkins 5 months ago and went on southbeach, but coming back, as i have not gained any weight , but also have not lost any either.

SUPERDAVE
Old 10-29-2003, 04:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I also never reached that surge of energy everyone talks about. I still get sluggish going up the stairs, or walking from the car to the store on days that I don't use the elliptical. Its hard at the beginning, but after a few days, 20min flies by. I really think it makes the difference for me.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:47 AM   #13  

Super Dave I think you hit the nail on the head. I went back and checked and I am not eating enough carbs and that is why I feel like crap. I have been trying to stay about 10-12. Will try 20 today and see how I feel. Thanks do much everyone!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

SuperDave, can I ask why you are returning to Atkins after trying South Beach ? Enquiring minds ....

Leenie
Closed Thread