Old 06-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 3 (June 03/13 - June 09/13)

And that's a wrap on week 2. Here we roll merrily along into week 3.

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 29.1 lbs or 0.72%

Our Biggest Loser:
SuperHeroTeacher (-8 lbs, 3.39%)

Honourable Mentions:
ArmyGirl (-5.6 lbs, 2.95%)

Elizabeth779 (-4 lbs, 1.56%)

novus (-2.4 lbs, 1.30%)

Way to go ladies- Great Job!!

Keep up the great work! GO RED

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow and congrats to all the losers! Wish I was with you this week. Maybe next week.

Forgot to wear my fitbit all day today. Grrrrrrr.

I think I'll just go to bed and hope the new week starts better.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Congrats to the Biggest Red Team Loser SuperHeroTeacher as well as
ArmyGirl, Elizabeth779 and novus those numbers are awesome!

My week was not that great I started off strong but the numbers just didn't happen. I was under my calorie goal of 1300 everyday but around Wednesday I stopped losing and started jumping around 176.2-176.8 it was really frusterating because I knew I was following my plan. I think the problem was that although I was below my calorie count I wasn't eating enough veggies and fruit so I am going to change that this week.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #4  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Thanks everyone! I'm still astounded at the 8 pound loss! I'm incorporating exercise DAILY starting this week, so I hope that helps me keep the momentum going.

Team Red! We've got this!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #5  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Great job everyone! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

CONGRATULATIONS SUPERHEROTEACHER, ARMYGIRL AND NOVUS!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO RED TEAM HAD A GOOD WEEK!!!

I'm starting to feel better. Think I broke a fever sometime before noon today and then slept hard for 4 hours.

I've got to get back to my low carb plan. AND I seriously need to get to the gym as soon as I feel I can without a relapse.

So we did pretty good this week. We need to keep on our plans, drink water, get some exercise, STAY AWAY FROM SICK PEOPLE!!! (IMO), and lose more more more.

Kris -- You said, "For all of you runners, I need your mojo. I just can't make myself want to do it. I know that I need to ditch about 20 lbs before I can really attempt it. My plantar fasciitis doesn't ever seem to leave until I'm under 200lbs. Any good tips on getting myself in the groove?" Wish I could send you some MOJO gal, except I can tell you Dahlia and I would send you some GOOD plantar faciitis mojo if we could.....that stuff HURTS. My feet are doing so much better with the weight loss. Also be sure to wear good support on your feet. Your fri3ends and family and US will be here to support you each step of the way....it's up to you.....go for it gal!

Hope you all have a good week. I'm going to research some new recipes for my WOE. Time to change it up and eat something different.

RED TEAM HUG!

Last edited by Elizabeth779; 06-03-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Kris - I don't know that I have advice for running mojo, but I can tell you what worked for me. I just signed up for a race. I signed up for a half marathon at Disney World with friends for a girls weekend. With the money involved and commitment of my friends, backing out wasn't an option. I hated running a lot for a while. (I still sometimes hate it. LOL) And then I just stopped hating it. It started getting easier, and I started really enjoying it. I still always keep myself registered for at least one future race, but I largely don't need that motivation anymore. I'm also very vocal about it. My poor facebook friends, I'm sure some of them were sick of posts leading up to my first half, but that accountability really helped me as well.

Confession time - I'm really having a hard time lately. Therapy is really not my favorite thing. I know what I was doing before doesn't work anymore, so I'm still forcing myself to go. All this stuff that I worked so hard to repress for years is coming back though, and I am having a hard time dealing with all of it. I'm finding it to easy to just stay in bed all day watching mindless tv and not working out and not eating. I'm going out of town this weekend for a girls weekend & Color Run, and I'm really hoping that will help me some.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

congratulations SuperHeroTeacher, ArmyGirl, Elizabeth779 and novus.

Ran yesterday for 3.70 miles- I almost didn't go, but I'm glad I went Isn't it always funny how that works
Old 06-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Hi all-
A soggy start to our week here. I know the rain is good, but man does it put me in a grumpy mood.

Any NSV to cheer about?

I completed week 4 of my half-marathon training. Guess I better sign up for the race at the end of the month?!LOL It will be here before I know it.

I know we all get so focused on that number that the scale gives us- but there's more to this journey than a number- let's here all about it!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
Hi all-
A soggy start to our week here. I know the rain is good, but man does it put me in a grumpy mood.

Any NSV to cheer about?

I completed week 4 of my half-marathon training. Guess I better sign up for the race at the end of the month?!LOL It will be here before I know it.

I know we all get so focused on that number that the scale gives us- but there's more to this journey than a number- let's here all about it!
I went into the ladies room this morning and there must have been a rush for the ladies room because 7 or 8 co-workers trickled in and everyone of them made a comment about how much weight I had lost as they turned the corner and saw me at the sink. "Hi Skinny", "I've got to start cutting my carbs", "You are going to blow away in the wind", "are you still loosing weight?", etc. etc. I think it is the blouse I am wearing. It fits a little better than a lot of the clothes I wear. I haven't really bought any new clothes, just moved down to wearing the smallest ones I have in the closet and this top fits a little closer than the others. I just had one of the ladies I work with stop by and tell me I enspired her. She doesn't think she can go totally low carb but she has decided to at least eliminate sugar from her diet for June. On Friday she asked me to buy a couple of dozen cookies for a meeting she is hosting this afternoon. Now she can't have any of them. I have a feeling there will be cookies in the breakarea this afternoon.

Anyway that is my NSV. I think I set a record today for comments on my journey. BTW I hit 199 this AM, now I need to try to hold that for the entire week. Haven't seen a one at the beginning of my weight in over 30 years. (since my youngest daughter was born)

Have a good one.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

A big congrats to our biggest loser of the week SuperHeroTeacher , you did amazing! And of course congratulations to ArmyGir, Elizabeth779 novus and everyone else who lost weight last week.

And EofAZ- congrats on seeing 199, hopefully it sticks around for you. It's a great feeling being in the 100s.

I guess I had a sort of NSV last night when I finished my very first day of NROLFW. This is the first time I'm attempting to strength train and while I definitely couldn't do everything they wanted me to (push ups mainly) I put in 100% effort and am feeling it today.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #12  

Huge congrats to all of the losers this week, especially SuperHeroTeacher! You all inspire me to keep on going.

Currently my only 'on purpose' exercise every day is walking the dog for about 40 minutes, once in the morning and once at night. I used to like to go pretty hard in my exercise routines but my body couldn't keep up with me and I eventually threw in the towel while nursing knee injuries. I'm totally fine now though and I'm looking into starting up a routine again (much slower this time until enough weight is off that I'm not doing more harm than good to my body).

Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises/programs that you've done at a higher weight/are doing now?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

First of all...Huge congrats to SuperHeroTeacher! Also, congrats to Elizabeth779 and novus! And to all other losers this week! What a great way to start off this challenge everyone! Two weeks in a row the Red Team is Rockin'!

angiemama: That's how I feel most days too...have a hard time getting to the gym, but once I'm done I always feel better! The only workout I regret, is the one I didn't do!

CanadaMel: Congrats on sticking to it! Week 4 - that's awesome!

EofAZ: Cheers to getting noticed! Such a nice feeling to know that all your hard work and efforts are noticed by those around you! Way to go on hitting Onederland!!! That's awesome!!!

Changergirl: I'm not sure what NROLFW is, but strength training is a great way to burn calories!

thinkfit: Have you tried the elliptical trainer? That's a great no-impact exercise! Also, walking is a great start too. you could pick up the pace a bit or go a bit longer to increase your calorie burn.

So much has happened in just over a week, I'm not sure where to start...

Let me start by sharing a NSV. I was down in Edmonton, AB last week looking for a house to live in since I am posted this summer. While there I am proud to say that I made some really great food choices and didn't eat any fast food all week even though I was under some huge time restraints most of the week.

But, the biggest NSV for me was when I only had 30 mins for lunch one day I was looking for a Tim Horton's (a really good coffee shop / cafe with soups and sandwiches) so I could grab a chili. Well, I found one and as many of you know they can be located right next to a Wendy's! I was like...Ohhhh, I can have a Baconator!!! But, while waiting in line, I saw the new Chicken Berry Salad (Chicken, Spinach, Lettuce, Strawberries, Blueberries and Roasted Almonds). So, I ordered that and OMG it was soooo good! I didn't even think about what I did until I got home and told my daughter what I ate while I was gone and she was shocked that I went to Wendy's and didn't have a Baconator! Honestly, so am I

And then of course I had my on the scale victory...I have never lost so much in one week before! That's exciting in itself!

Sorry for such a long post, I'm just excited this week!

Keep drinking that water everyone! Keep up the great work!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #14  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I'm so glad I experienced the big loss, because this morning i was up over 2 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkfit View Post

Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises/programs that you've done at a higher weight/are doing now?
At the suggestion of someone here on 3FC, I started the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos this week. I have severe arthritis in both knees (zero cartilage in right knee), and shredded meniscus in both, so any impact exercise is excruciating. I've done the LS videos 3 days in a row now and am doing okay so far.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

thinkfit When I was heavier (and still now) the pool was my best friend. I felt like I got the best workout in the swimming pool without all the added stress on my joints.

I'm having a pretty rough day. I'm 99% sure I didn't get a job I REALLY wanted. I was supposed to hear yesterday morning and I still haven't heard and my online application was removed. I think it's safe to say I didn't get it. Anyway, today was a running day and it was VERY distracting since I kept watching my phone to see if they were calling. I made it 4 miles though and kept up a good pace so it wasn't a total loss. Now I'm just sad and I got to get out of this funk so I can make weight loss the number 1 priority