Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 6/7/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

NSV: Totally not true (look at my ticker) but I got 5 comments yesterday from patients at work..."you're melting/shrinking/disappearing."

Sure was great to hear though!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday everyone. WI today didn't show anymore movement but I think it is water retention from too much salty foods this week. Cloths are fitting better and still fielding lots of compliments from co-workers. So many people have come up to me and asked about the Diet I'm on but once they hear all the restrictions, they bow out and say they can't commit to something like that. They can't give up that much.....O'well, then you'll still look like that and I'll continue to feel better. I keep telling them that "Skinny taste better"
Old 06-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  

Happy Friday everyone!

I just saw today was donut day.

If you just NEED one and have a donut baking pan, use the muffin recipe

You'll have a treat AND be 100% OP
Old 06-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/29/13

S/C/G: 192/179/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Tip 'o the day - make sure that lid is on tight before you shake your drink like it's a maraca at Carnivale. Aaaargh.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #6  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Graduation week continues here.... As I posted on Wednesday, my son graduated from high school. Today, my daughter graduates from 8th grade. She has a full graduation ceremony, cap & gown, the whole 9 yards tonight. Proud week!!!

I can't tell you how many calls and texts I got after posting a few family pictures on Facebook at my son's graduation. Showered with compliments about how good I look. Most people didn't comment on weight, per se, unless they knew I was on IP. But just told me I look "different". Even beautiful. WOW. 11 lbs and already people can see the difference. My husband thinks I should be able to see it more in myself. I guess I'll be wearing my fat goggles for a long time. While I don't really see it, I will admit that, for the first time in a LONG time, I was able to post a picture of myself without cringing. I actually liked the family picture. That's progress!

Anyway, I have another new dress for tonight, that I hope to only wear once!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all, for those of you that have been 'around' this site for a while...l has anyone seen 'darbs'??? last I heard from her she was dealing with some health issues...and her 3fc inbox is too full to rx anymore messages
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Start of thrid day on IP! Frist day was easy not hungry all at, even had a hard time getting all my food in. Yesterday I was hungry, slight headache but I really felt okay.....BUT I just realized I ate an extra packet! I wrote it all down and kept track and still ate an extra packet. Not really sure how I did that???? I have read on thi forum about using an extra packet if needed etc., will this kill my frist weeks weightloss? Thanks for the help
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/201/175

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all so far so good. The diet is the easiest thing I have ever tried .
One great thing is the pants selection in my closet is a lot bigger now. My wife is doing also but she is getting kinda discouraged that she doesn't lose as much as me. But I tell her she is doing great at the Lbs she is losing. At work customers have been asking my employees if I am ok because of all the weight I am losing and they think I may be sick or something.

I also quit smoking for almost a year now and that was harder to do then lose the weight.

Last edited by Toolttime; 06-07-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #10  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolttime View Post
Good morning all so far so good. The diet is the easiest thing I have ever tried .
One great thing is the pants selection in my closet is a lot bigger now. My wife is doing also but she is getting kinda discouraged that she doesn't lose as much as me. But I tell her she is doing great at the Lbs she is losing. At work customers have been asking my employees if I am ok because of all the weight I am losing and they think I may be sick or something.

I also quit smoking for almost a year now and that was harder to do then lose the weight.
I can empathize with your wife. My husband and I have been on IP for 3.5 weeks. He has lost 26 lbs. I've lost 11. My biggest fear is that at some point along this journey, he will weight LESS than me!!!!! It's just one of the many things in life that is a fact - men lose faster than women. I could complain it's unfair, but that won't do me any good. Tell her to hang in there and try not to compare her results to yours.

But, congratulations to you!!!! I find it is much easier doing this together. From menu selection to meal preparation, it helps to be on the same page!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
I can empathize with your wife. My husband and I have been on IP for 3.5 weeks. He has lost 26 lbs. I've lost 11. My biggest fear is that at some point along this journey, he will weight LESS than me!!!!! It's just one of the many things in life that is a fact - men lose faster than women. I could complain it's unfair, but that won't do me any good. Tell her to hang in there and try not to compare her results to yours.

But, congratulations to you!!!! I find it is much easier doing this together. From menu selection to meal preparation, it helps to be on the same page!
Yes doing it together makes it a lot easier for her . I have never done it before where she has always tried something on her own with no success as she would have to cook 2 different meals. Now it is all the same.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Start of thrid day on IP! Frist day was easy not hungry all at, even had a hard time getting all my food in. Yesterday I was hungry, slight headache but I really felt okay.....BUT I just realized I ate an extra packet! I wrote it all down and kept track and still ate an extra packet. Not really sure how I did that???? I have read on thi forum about using an extra packet if needed etc., will this kill my frist weeks weightloss? Thanks for the help
You're good. Carry on & welcome
Old 06-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! This is the end of week 1 on phase 3 for me. It's going well. However, I definitely see that phase 1 was much easier -- no deviations allowed. Now that real life is laying out before me, I fear myself and my inability to make good choices. We shall see! In the meantime, I look forward to my breakfast and have begun to relax a bit on my 2 cup measuring to help when I'm hungry. And I'm still losing a little!!

Hope everyone had a great week!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #14  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Going to plan out my food carefully for today. Been winging it all week and it makes me cranky to put a last minute dinner plan together.

Lisa, going to make muffins, great suggestion!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #15  

We use the the fitness pal tracker and I personaly think it a great to tool to show you what you are eating and I never ever looked at a label on any product till now. One thing I have discovered is that anything that says low fat can be worse then the regular stuff. Example low fat Mayo compared to regular.
Closed Thread