South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Friday SBD Chat, June 7

Good Morning

I'm enjoying being a bit of a night owl here....I was exhausted after our jaunt to the city yesterday so came home and went to bed...even missed dinner. Now I'm fully alert and somewhat elated to have some time to myself.

This is my one day off and I plan to enjoy it at home. Yes, I have lots of things to do but I may cross stuff off my list in between naps. My mini goal for the day is to finish the bridesmaids' bouquets and the bouquet the bride will toss. That might give me the confidence to start the bride's bouquet, too. That's what I am hoping anyway.

I may be mini napping by the time you all start popping in....

So....

What's on your agenda today?? Stop and chat

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning Debbie!

Making bouquets? Sounds interesting! Will you share pictures when you're finished? I love seeing other people's creative endeavors, since I don't have an artistic bone in my body!

Enjoy your naps!

I'm headed off to work in about 15 minutes- yay for casual Friday!! Tutoring again tonight,so I'm hoping I can be strong at Panera and not cave to the baguette again. I'm annoyed at myself for caving yesterday (seriously! We eat at home every night for the last 3 weeks, then as soon as I decide to get back to the Beach, it's "hey! Lets go out to dinner at this place where everything is either meat that you don't eat, or delicious bread!" I need to work on telling my parents "no", lol.

Have a great day, all!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Everyone is sounding pretty perky and chirpy this morning. I hope some of it rubs off on me. Coffee will help.

Loads to get done today including pie making for tomorrow's fish fry. It's going to rain all day and I sure hope it gets it out of its system before tomorrow at 5 PM. I do have to venture out this morning to get the cash float for the event. (I'd really rather just go back to bed. The anti-biotic for the gum problem is dragging me down, I think.)

Anyhow, enough of this. On with Friday!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies!

Debbie - I love lazy days full of naps. Sometimes I really need those days. I hope you thoroughly enjoy those and get some R&R!

Penmage - Panera would be my worst nightmare right now. I caved yesterday to a bowl of Fruit Loops, so I am right there with ya!

Today, I have to write a final paper for my online class after I go to the DMV this morning. Blech. Not a very exciting day to look forward to.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

It's a dark, rainy day here, and I'm so glad I have the day off. I do have a few errands to run, but I'm thinking I can fit a nice nap in this afternoon. It's been a heck of a week and I'm not going to feel the least bit guilty for taking some much needed "me" time.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks!

Lexiss, thanks for starting us off, even though it was at a crazy time! I hope you are getting a nap right now. Have fun with the bouquets!

Penmage - I thought of you yesterday - stopped in a Panera to see if my DD was still there with a friend, and didn't even look at the bread (grabbed a coffee!) - although I did make a comment to the guy it was terrible that the calories were on it, and we debated on the best way to eat their bagels. I say toasted with butter! (he said with the onion cream cheese....)

Ruth, I vote for going back to bed.

Hannah, I will agree - that does not sound very exciting! Good luck with the paper.

Cottage - I hope you are able to relax and get some time in for YOU!

This is my morning off, and since the kids are out for the summer, I finished reading my book in bed this morning . THe guy with the invisible fence for the pup is stopping by to set it up this morning, and then if it's not raining, I might drag the kids on a walk (but MOOOooooOOOOMmmm, it's so BORING!). I guess I should do cleaning too (ew, clean the fridge....), then off to work at 2.

It's so nice and quiet right now, except for the birds....

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-07-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I haven't talked with DH about it yet but assume he and I will take another practice hike this morning. I work this afternoon.

I don't think I reported that DS2 finally heard that he did get into the business school at his university. (He was a very unhappy comp sci major.) The bad news is that they told him so late that he is registered for classes next semester in comp sci. He talks with an adviser next week and is geared up to argue about getting into the business classes he wants. Fingers crossed. We are also trying to figure out if he will drive or fly when he comes home for about 2 weeks in August. That darn puppy of his is making things complicated.

Not much else happening here. Have a great day.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good luck to ur son, Karen! Hey Debbie, have fun making bouquets! I finish up Week 1 of Phase 2! I am also going to the Nigerian Embassy. My little sister, Ediri, is coming back to the States and the family is going to get her! I hope I will be able to stay on SBD, w/out any distractions!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon all!
Rainy and 63* here today, tomorrow doesn't look much better. Darn storm! Makes me wonder if I should turn the calendar back to April.

Nothing planned for the weekend right now; perhaps DH and I will take a trip to the mall. (You have to understand that I live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest mall is a 70 mile drive.) I mean, if you can't do anything outside in the pouring rain, why not? Or maybe a museum.

Anyway, I love the fact that it is Friday and I have the next 2 days off. Just a few more days and I will be on summer break.

Hope everyone got the right mix of productivity, exercise and napping to consider their day a success. Mine was!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-07-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Just stopping by to say hello. ECSTATIC that my 4 pound woosh was still hanging in there for my weigh-in today. I may end up winning this weight loss competition after all.

Working an overtime shift tonight. Was going to take the day off from the gym, but my bestfriend said she wants to go in the morning...if it'll get her in the gym, I'll go. Then I'll be getting back up for my walk on the Riverwalk w/ another friend. I love my Riverwalks w/ my friend, Christy...we catch up on all our man problems and, trust me, it takes the ENTIRE 4.5 miles to do so!

Hope everybody is having a great Friday. See you later on this weekend!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I have an update! In the battle of Caitlin (that'd be me ) vs. Panera, round 2, Caitlin wins! The trusty PICKLE saved the day! I can't be tempted by a baguette as a side if the baguette isn't my side. Although the employee did look at me weird

Way to go, Natasha!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Go on w/ur bad self, Natasha!
Closed Thread