Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #1  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

S/C/G: 265/173/135-140

Height: 5'6"

Default reprecussions to skipping meals

So Im on week three right now and for the past week and a half I've been skipping meals only because I'm not hungry. What kind of damage is this going to have on my body and or weightloss. I generally eat 3 meals instead of 4. So im only missing one a day. I'm making myself eat at least 3. Ip breakfast 2c veggies 3-5oz meat for lunch and I'm either eating another meal of veggies and meat (only up to the total) or an IP meal. I'm just not hungry.
Crystalsgettingfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsgettingfit View Post
So Im on week three right now and for the past week and a half I've been skipping meals only because I'm not hungry. What kind of damage is this going to have on my body and or weightloss. I generally eat 3 meals instead of 4. So im only missing one a day. I'm making myself eat at least 3. Ip breakfast 2c veggies 3-5oz meat for lunch and I'm either eating another meal of veggies and meat (only up to the total) or an IP meal. I'm just not hungry.
The thing is, IP is very low calorie to begin with. Your body needs every calorie it is allowed, as well as the fiber and nutrients in the "real" food you have every day. Will you have immediate, noticeable repercussions? Probably not if all you are skipping is one of the IP packets. But you may have a bit of muscle loss because you are missing out on protein. And if you are only getting 2c of veggies instead of 4, you're getting half the plant fiber and vitamins/minerals from the food that you should. It may or may not impact your losses but you could have negative effects down the line from missing out on those nutrients.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #3  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Take it from me

I had a horrible week last week, kept logging my food into my phone at the end of the day and the realizing that I have skipped a packet, veggies... And was thinking ...'it's 11pm,it's too late now...'

Well, this morning I had a WI and was down 1.6lb, but after the body analysis it was proved that it was all lean mass loss.

I am supper disappointed. No more skipping meals for me!
WestLAgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #4  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

Hmm thanks for your responses! Im going to have to try my hardest to get in all my meals. Maybe I might have to start drinking one of the shakes with my lunch or something just to get it all in. Can you have two servings of packets in one meal?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Hmm thanks for your responses! Im going to have to try my hardest to get in all my meals. Maybe I might have to start drinking one of the shakes with my lunch or something just to get it all in. Can you have two servings of packets in one meal?
You'd be better off trying to adjust your eating schedule so that things are spaced out over the day. Your body can only absorb so much of the nutrients in your food at a time (for example, you can't take all 4 cal-mag at once because your body can't absorb that much calcium in one shot). What does your eating schedule look like? Maybe splitting up your veggies or using purees in place of whole veg will help reduce the volume enough to not leave you feeling stuffed.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #6  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

Well every morning i have the vanilla pudding with extra water and coffee at about 6a and i probably drink it for 10–20 min depending how much i have to do at work then i eat lunch at 11a and then i get home and eat dinner at like 6-7. Maybe i should drink a shake when i get home at 4?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #7  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

I think i may need to just start drinking shakes even if I'm not hungry? Its just hard for me to eat when im not hungry especially since I want to get in a habit of only eating when im hungry not when im bored, which is what got me to 265lbs in the first place. Lol
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Well every morning i have the vanilla pudding with extra water and coffee at about 6a and i probably drink it for 10–20 min depending how much i have to do at work then i eat lunch at 11a and then i get home and eat dinner at like 6-7. Maybe i should drink a shake when i get home at 4?
You should be having protein every 4 - 5 hours.
psjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #9  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
You should be having protein every 4 - 5 hours.
Hmm good to know! Thanks!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Hmm good to know! Thanks!
My coaches made me write down not only what I ate but the time as well. They would even ask what time I went to bed if they didn't see an IP protein after dinner.

Last edited by psjones; 06-05-2013 at 10:09 PM.
psjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
That sounds about right, with such a long stretch between lunch and dinner. When you eat matters less than making sure you actually eat all the food, so see what works for you - if you find you are getting hungry before bed, you can always change one of your packets to an hour before bed.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #12  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Just to correct the information that is wrong in this thread.

You don't need to eat protein ever 4-5 hours.

When it comes to food, your body has an extremely high rate of digestion. You can eat as much as you want in a meal, it will just take longer to digest. I'm not sure about supplements, but whole foods I have no doubt about this particular issue.

Addressing the issue of skipping a meal - this is a complex question but if you're getting all your meat, veggies and supplements in I doubt you would see any effect short or long term. Skipping the meat and veggies is a bad idea. Skipping a packet especially a restricted packet would likely mean little if anything to someone your height and weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLAgrl View Post
Well, this morning I had a WI and was down 1.6lb, but after the body analysis it was proved that it was all lean mass loss.

I am supper disappointed. No more skipping meals for me!
You should be disappointed, but in your coach. The "body analysis" you get week to week is almost completely useless. Bioimpediance devices are extremely inaccurate and the worst part is people like you do their best to follow a plan and then feel like a failure because the information their given is completely and totally wrong. In fact, I'm getting extremely angry about how misinformed your coach is and how you're treated by a program that you're spending a lot of your hard earned money on.

It is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE to lose 1.6 lbs of LBM and no lbs of fat in a week following any diet. The human body doesn't work this way, at all. It is rediculous. The only way one could lose 1.6lbs of LBM and no fat is if you surgically had muscle cut off your body.

Fat loss is always an equation of energy. Energy is measured in calories. If you're in a caloric deficit you're losing fat. PERIOD.

Please, take a little time and read this article.

If you have more time you can also read this article.

Finally, if you want to read about how inaccurate your coaches body analysis is you can read this article.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #13  
IP start 4/17/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Just to correct the information that is wrong in this thread.

You don't need to eat protein ever 4-5 hours.

When it comes to food, your body has an extremely high rate of digestion. You can eat as much as you want in a meal, it will just take longer to digest. I'm not sure about supplements, but whole foods I have no doubt about this particular issue.

Addressing the issue of skipping a meal - this is a complex question but if you're getting all your meat, veggies and supplements in I doubt you would see any effect short or long term. Skipping the meat and veggies is a bad idea. Skipping a packet especially a restricted packet would likely mean little if anything to someone your height and weight.

You should be disappointed, but in your coach. The "body analysis" you get week to week is almost completely useless. Bioimpediance devices are extremely inaccurate and the worst part is people like you do their best to follow a plan and then feel like a failure because the information their given is completely and totally wrong. In fact, I'm getting extremely angry about how misinformed your coach is and how you're treated by a program that you're spending a lot of your hard earned money on.

It is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE to lose 1.6 lbs of LBM and no lbs of fat in a week following any diet. The human body doesn't work this way, at all. It is rediculous. The only way one could lose 1.6lbs of LBM and no fat is if you surgically had muscle cut off your body.

Fat loss is always an equation of energy. Energy is measured in calories. If you're in a caloric deficit you're losing fat. PERIOD.

Please, take a little time and read this article.

If you have more time you can also read this article.

Finally, if you want to read about how inaccurate your coaches body analysis is you can read this article.

THANK YOU!

I so needed this!
Whole day long I have been obsessing about the results.
I feel good, look better, had lost 20 inches since I started and 1.125 inches since last week and the clothes fit me better.
But this morning was just bad, and this is a second week in a row that I have entered the clinic on Wed morning, had shown results, lost weight and also felt disappointment. Last week was because I used alternatives for a couple of meals, and this week she actually said that the total loss from last week was 1.6lb but it was actually 2.2lb LBM.
If it wasn't for this forum I think I would be questioning the results and might have been discouraged with a process.

Thank you for shedding the light and the links.
Now, THAT makes sense.

Thank you!

Last edited by WestLAgrl; 06-06-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #14  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLAgrl View Post
THANK YOU!

I so needed this!
I'm very happy to help. Knowledge is a powerful thing.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #15  
IP start 4/17/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I'm very happy to help. Knowledge is a powerful thing.
I agree