View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
nationalparker
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Gorgeous day today - drove home at lunch to eat on the patio in the sunshine surrounded by my in-bloom garden and pots. I wanted to stay there and make lunch last much longer. So I had more to eat. Logical? I think not. But what 'tis done, 'tis done or whatever that quote is and I have 313 calories remaining for dinner. Good news is that dinner will be a chocolate/spinach/cherry smoothie so I can do that for 313 calories.

Baking biscotti tonight for my father and for a friend's birthday lunch tomorrow. I would like to make a few kinds and do her gift bag up pretty, but we'll see how well I manage my time. Need to do a quick market stop, and Father's Day planning for my dad, as we're celebrating this weekend.

Bill - Your Home Depot travels sound like ours. I keep finding things we NEED (who doesn't need a pencil with a retractable thingy that clips to your belt? My DH doesn't because I put one in his stocking last year after he laughed at me for thinking it was handy - he goes those are for roofers, not me. Well, lo and behold, he discovered it IS handy. I want one for my purse... at only $1.50 or so)

Sparks - what is a bodega where you are? I lived in Spain in my teen years and our bodegas were places that fermented grapes into sherry, and had small tasting rooms. Interesting to me that it's the same unusual word.

So close ... now so far!

Last edited by nationalparker; 06-04-2013 at 02:04 PM.