Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday, 6/3/3013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Just want to introduce myself, my name is Trish and I have my first meeting tomorrow. Have been lurking on this website for over a week and I just wanted to thank you!!! I wasn't sure IP was for me but after reading all the good and the bad, lol, I think I can do it! I am 40 and have about 75 pounds to shed. So thanks for the inspiration and I hope you all have a great Monday!

Last edited by trishthayer; 06-03-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Misspelled a word
Old 06-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Just want to introduce myself, my name is Trish and I have my first meeting tomorrow. Have been lurking on this website for over a week and I just wanted to thank you!!! I wasn't sure IP was for me but after reading all the good and the bad, lol, I think I can do it! I am 40 and have about 75 pounds to shed. So thanks for the inspiration and I hope you all have a great Monday!

Welcome, Trish!!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Congrats on choosing IP!
Its a great thing! Youll get plenty of ideas, support and inspiration here!
Good luck!!!

D
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #5  

Quote:
Hi Trish. I lurked for about a month before starting so I had a really good handle on how IP worked and how the board worked.

Be sure to read the first post of the daily thread and use all the links there!

I'd wish you luck but you won't need it. This plan really works!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #6  

Went shopping yesterday for my P3 breakfasts! I'm SO excited!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Unhappy It's a sad day

Hello everyone - It's a sad day for me. This morning I had to put down my favorite pair of Columbia Pants. The ones that had the extra zipper on the side that my iPhone fit in perfectly. They also had the little coin pocket tucked away inside the pocket. I will truly miss those pants. We've had a long life together (one month). I will take you back to where we first met (Goodwill). I hope you they reincarnate themselves and get reborn into a size smaller. Goodbye old friend
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Hello everyone - It's a sad day for me. This morning I had to put down my favorite pair of Columbia Pants. The ones that had the extra zipper on the side that my iPhone fit in perfectly. They also had the little coin pocket tucked away inside the pocket. I will truly miss those pants. We've had a long life together (one month). I will take you back to where we first met (Goodwill). I hope you they reincarnate themselves and get reborn into a size smaller. Goodbye old friend
To Funny !!!!

I hope you find a new friend soon
Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #9  

Quote:
I'd be tempted to tailor pants that I liked/loved that much!!

Good for you, though!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know another pair can never replace them, but you can try.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #11  

Quote:
I sorry for your loss.
As you grieve your pants, know they had a good month with you and will be reborn in someone else's closet.
I hope a replacement may find you the same joy.
And, wow! You undergrew pants in ONE MONTH!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #12  

Morning everyone .. been lurking for a few weeks as it's been too busy to get involved in the conversation. You all keep me going. After 15 weeks, I had my first zero pound loss week (still lost an inch) ... kind of a let down when you're doing everything right. Just going to move forward. Have a great Monday!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I sorry for your loss.
As you grieve your pants, know they had a good month with you and will be reborn in someone else's closet.
I hope a replacement may find you the same joy.
And, wow! You undergrew pants in ONE MONTH!!!
Thanks Lisa. My weight hasn't changed but my waist has, so that is a good thing. I guess I'm able to tuck my loose skin more...LOL BTW - I read several times that you used MIA drink enhancers so I bought some this morning. I must say that I love the stuff. I'm usually an ice-tea drinking but this will help out here at work where I can't brew my tea...thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
Morning everyone .. been lurking for a few weeks as it's been too busy to get involved in the conversation. You all keep me going. After 15 weeks, I had my first zero pound loss week (still lost an inch) ... kind of a let down when you're doing everything right. Just going to move forward. Have a great Monday!
Yeah, that happened to me this past week too. It was very disappointing yet I tried to focus on the inches lost and the fact my clothing size continued to drop. Still, a bummer, for sure...

However, my coach gave me the BEST advice ever. She said a stall at a certain weight can be attributed to something that happened at that weight in the past. So, I took a couple days to ruminate on this and came up with my situation and then voila!...woke up to a significant weight loss.

After this experience, it's clear to me how many who lose weight on whatever program they are doing and then gain it all back isn't because of the program, like Dr. Tran says, but because the underlying issues have not been addressed.

Shedding the emotional crap is absolutely as gratifying as shedding the pounds.

Last edited by peaches17; 06-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post

Shedding the emotional crap is absolutely as gratifying as shedding the pounds.
Amen to that! I am picking up the Beck Diet Solution, the book addresses a LOT of those underlying things that weigh us down (in more ways than one)! If you are on Facebook, the Beck Diet Solution page posts great snippets of info every day, it's worth the "like"!
Closed Thread