Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #1  
Viva Cristo Rey!

Red face Fessin' up my messin' up

I knew I was getting sloppy with the amounts I ate and the procrastinating on exercising, but yesterday I went to the doctor's and got on the scale and had a reality check. In the last year or thereabouts I've regained about 8 lbs.

I posted another thread about my hernia that I also learned yesterday has recurred after a repair surgery 3 years ago. I know not losing more weight put a strain on the original repair. As did lifting furniture and things (but sometimes during my move I didn't always have another person to help).

Well, be all of it as it may. At least I have hope that the hernia will get repaired again, and though I don't enjoy surgery - who does - that will get rid of some of the waistline protrusion. Just knowing that hope is there actually makes me more motivated to do the daily slog of re-losing what I gained, and also more. It would be nice if I could go into the surgery with less weight, so that's my immediate goal: just lose! No specific amount by any specific time, just steady progress.

Last edited by Skinnyminnie Wannabe; 06-01-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #2  

8lbs is not bad, especially over the course of an entire year. Try and make the lifestyle fun and I'm sure you'll lose it and more in no time, when is your surgery?
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #3  

8lbs is tough to see on the scale but be glad you saw it now before it was 10 or 20 or more!

There might be a challenge on one of the forums that would help keep you accountable and motivated to get those pounds off in the next few months.

However you decide to proceed, we will be here to help you! Good luck!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #4  
Viva Cristo Rey!

I guess that's true, be glad it wasn't more. These post-hysterectomy pounds are about 3x harder each to lose though! But I think some of the last 4 or 5 are winter fat. Too much comfort cooking . . .
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #5  

I'll be having a hysterectomy in September if I don't get pregnant by then. Surgical menopause at 38 is terrifying to me, ESP weight wise.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #6  
Viva Cristo Rey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I'll be having a hysterectomy in September if I don't get pregnant by then. Surgical menopause at 38 is terrifying to me, ESP weight wise.
What helped me a lot was the website www.hystersisters.com - they sent me a printed booklet free and it was a great help. It told what to do to prepare for surgery, what to expect during the hospital stay and after you come home.

They also have a great online community like this one that you can join.

As far as weight - I don't want to be discouraging, but it does become an uphill battle. Right after my surgery I had dropped 3-5 lbs. and thought "Wow, I'm on my way" and I was happy at having no horrible periods anymore. But it didn't take long until the weight started packing on. A lot of that was stress though - job and financial difficulties and my Mom had died 4 mos. prior to my hyst. so I missed her.

So - be proactive - try to figure out ways to minimize as many stresses as you can. I think I was just a walking cortisol/belly fat factory, but hopefully you won't have to be. Plan ahead and think positive!