Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat - Weekend - June 1-2, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #2  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I love the fact that I am smaller every day!

By the way, can someone tell me how to find a recipe for red pepper puree? I have googled and can't find it. I would love to try it this wekend with zucchini noodles.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
By the way, can someone tell me how to find a recipe for red pepper puree? I have googled and can't find it. I would love to try it this wekend with zucchini noodles.
It's in the links in the first post "Fun With Veggie Purees" #5.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the great tips for my golf outing, I just put a protein drink in freezer and I got my veggies cut up and ready to go. Have a great day to all!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #5  

Wow! Wild nite in the STL area last nite.
Although there were multiple tornados, my neighborhood just got a bad thunderstorm. Power stayed on.
Heavy damage to spot neighborhoods just a few miles away. Thank goodness nothing like the devastation in Moore, OK a couple weeks ago. The sirens went off FOUR TIMES last night.

Today's plans are for cleaning and grocery shopping. I may be making some temporary changes to my IP plan (cycle though phases and back to p1 by July 1) in an attempt to wake up my metabolism. After 9 months on P1, I think my body needs a slight break before my body/mind burns out.
I'll have to buy more meat if I doing p2, though.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #6  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Can the Ideal Tisane be counted as water?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Thought I would post again for anyone who missed it yesterday:

Chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate cinnamon bars, double chocolate bars and lemon puffs are being discontinued.

Once inventory is depleted they are gone, so stock up if they're your favorites!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 06-01-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Can anyone post the link to the new phase 1-4 sheets? I am on my cell phone and cannot find them. U dint think the one that I found is the updated one.
Thanks in advance!!
I hope all of you are safe from all this horrible weather the Midwest is having!

I have been depressed and MIA the past few weeks from the loss of my pet, but I am trying to put my big girl panties back on and get back into the game ;-)
Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Can anyone post the link to the new phase 1-4 sheets? I am on my cell phone and cannot find them. U dint think the one that I found is the updated one.
Thanks in advance!!
I hope all of you are safe from all this horrible weather the Midwest is having!

I have been depressed and MIA the past few weeks from the loss of my pet, but I am trying to put my big girl panties back on and get back into the game ;-)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html

FYI: that link is on the first page of the daily thread EVERY day, as well

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-01-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #10  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html

FYI: that link is on the first page of the daily thread EVERY day, as well
I know "if it's not posted it's not really true" but my coach told me yesterday that rutabega has been moved to the "not allowed" list. Last week was the first time we'd had any since February and she jumped all over it. I told her I was following the list she gave me when I started and she simply said it had changed.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I know "if it's not posted it's not really true" but my coach told me yesterday that rutabega has been moved to the "not allowed" list. Last week was the first time we'd had any since February and she jumped all over it. I told her I was following the list she gave me when I started and she simply said it had changed.
And did she give you a new sheet?
I was just there on Thurs and was told nothing about sheet updates (she's pretty good at that)
The thing that IS frustrating is all the varying info!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Thanks in advance!!

So sorry for your loss..

((hugs))
Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #13  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I may be making some temporary changes to my IP plan (cycle though phases and back to p1 by July 1) in an attempt to wake up my metabolism. After 9 months on P1, I think my body needs a slight break before my body/mind burns out.
I'll have to buy more meat if I doing p2, though.
Lisa-- you know the in's and out's of this so well....trust yourself in making the right choice. Shaking it up a bit is a good thing. You are are so committed to your health and weight loss journey. Be safe through the weather.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #14  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Hi all,

My extreme hunger continues and I have increased packets but I cannot get a good handle on settling the hunger beast. I drown in water too.

I will begin P2 on Monday after WI and measurements with coach. I am getting prepared for my lunch meals. Not that excited about it. I work so everything will be on the go!

Did some clothes shopping yesterday and can fit into size 8 but more comfortable in 10's. Crazy wonderful! Loose skin is a challenge right now. It will be a mystery to see if it can tighten up as I maintain my loss. Still planning to return to P1 in Sept for the last 7 lbs.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7

Good morning! Glad everything is well with you, Lisa. Those sirens would send me through the roof! Scary.... I'm also thinking about changing it up with the phases, but I'm not entirely confident with it yet.

I was reading another thread about too much daily protein taxing your kidneys. I average about 90-110 grams of protein daily. Do you think this is too much for me? (I'm 177 lbs)
Closed Thread