Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Default Woo Hoo hello everyone :)

I hope everyone is doing great.I don't post much but read all the hints and food choices from everyone and want to say thank's for all the help.

I got back from the doctor's friday last week they took all sorts of tests.My doctor didnt like the idea of atkins diet.I got all the test back friday and they are all great.As of March 26 03 beinfg on Atkins I have lost 92 pounds and from july of 02 in all I have lost 150 pounds.

I still have to shed some pound's but I was shocked how much I lost.I never weigh myself unless I'm at my doctors.My doctor still want's me to stop the diet lol.Once again thank you all so much for all the great help and hint's you Gals rock and guys
Old 10-25-2003, 12:43 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOW...Herb....I guess the diet is working for you as Dr. Phil says!!! Just curious, with such great weight loss results and good test results; why does the dr. want you to stop Atkins? Obviously you are doing well on it and you have seen great results and a better healthy lifestyle. I would say.....IMHO, if it isn't broke don't fix it and keep up the great job!!! How much more do you want (need) to lose? Let me tell you.....92 lbs or a total of 150 lbs is fantastic!!! I'D BE SCREAMING IT AT THE TOP OF ALL THE ROOF TOPS!!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 01:19 PM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Herb- WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Why don't you post more often??? Stop lurking because we could use your inspiration. I am thrilled for you!!!!

I can't imagine not getting on the scale throughout your loss since you are obviously going down size after size. I would have been so curious and not able to wait.

Keep up the great work - and I too am curious why Dr. would want you off when all tests were fine?
Old 10-25-2003, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

He is concerned of the long term risks because Atkins or low carb diets are still being tested for long term result's.I think he's just a worry-wart .Ill also post more often I had 20 whole post's I do lurk omg lol.

On my diet I also walk like a mile or two a day rain or shine the cold makes me go in the gym and use the tread mill .

I am dropping sizes big time I have a shirt that when the wind blows it blows up big time lol.I went from a 7x-8x to a size 4x
I still have like another 140 to go but it sounds so much better than 390 something to go lol.See now im babbling talk to all soon.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:00 PM   #5  
reaching my goals

Wow Herb, that is awesome! I would love to see more posts from you too. It sounds like you could give us some good tips.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:51 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

herb, stick around and teach us a thing or two !!

CONGRATS!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:06 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

WOW - GREAT JOB! I am inspired and impressed - as well your dr should be too (and shame on him for discouraging you from continuing on Atkins - it obivously is working for you).

Keep up the good work and would love to hear more from you on how you have been so successful!

Froufy
Old 10-27-2003, 07:19 AM   #8  

Herb,

Please post more often. We all need encouragement and motivation and obviously, you are incredibly motivating! Besides, just maybe, we could help you, too. We're all in this together.

Karla
Closed Thread